CPU/Mobo Bios errors and high idle temps

akki_89

Disciple
Guys facing a new problem :S

Let the images do the talking :(

What could be the probable reason . I have a 400W I-ball Smps :no: .

With 2 Hdd and no graphic card :mad:

Very old rig though what could be the probable reason for this error . The system idles around 48 C at no load :rofl: It's a gigabyte 81915G-MF mobo with a pentium 4 procc . The RPM of the heat sink fan increases upto 4800 which in turn creates a lot of noise . Earlier was not the same .
Please help me out guys , techies ,everybody plz plz :)
Sorry for the bad quality of images :p

i guess ur processor is PrescHOTT..:)), the fan is spinning loud coz ur processor is heatin up , apply some thermal paste and reseat the HSF.

rocky_jvm said:
i guess ur processor is PrescHOTT..:)), the fan is spinning loud coz ur processor is heatin up , apply some thermal paste and reseat the HSF.

Thanks for the quick reply bro. But what could be the probable reason for the failure of the components .[check the pics]

Yup it's a Pentium 4 HT 3.06Ghz prescott procc :mad:

@ Siddhu

How do i reset the bios ? should i just remove the CMOS battery & put it back again or is there any other specific method . What could be the reason for the failure ? . would der be any specific reason so that it can be avoided in future.

Too much heat has gotten to ur mobo ;), well try and see what sidhu just mentoined , if that fails try n cross check with another smps if u can get one.:)

Since this is running for a long time (you've mentioned its as an old rig), a lot of dust might have accumulated in the HSF fins & this will degrade its performace considerably.

Try removing the HSF, clean all the accumulated dust in the fins & fan then seat it once again after applying some new thermal paste.. Monitor the temperatures after this. It must show some improvement.

^ That's true.Could you or someone please guide me through the process . Is it the same as i mentioned above or some other way ?

vinaycm said:
Since this is running for a long time (you've mentioned its as an old rig), a lot of dust might have accumulated in the HSF fins & this will degrade its performace considerably.

Try removing the HSF, clean all the accumulated dust in the fins & fan then seat it once again after applying some new thermal paste.. Monitor the temperatures after this. It must show some improvement.

I was thinking of the same but recently i had removed my heatsink and replaced it again without applying a new thermal paste . So could that be a probable reason ? If yes then which thermal paste would be preferred & at what price will it be available in mumbai ?

Its absolutely fine bro. My p4(Northwood) idled at 44C too... So did my friend's p4(preshott :p) but that was at 56C :lol: . All stock coolers, no thermal pastes applied

broar94 said:
Its absolutely fine bro. My p4(Northwood) idled at 44C too... So did my friend's p4(preshott :p) but that was at 56C :lol: . All stock coolers, no thermal pastes applied

56 C that's quite hot bro . I think mine is cooler :rofl: . But the noise the fan creates is much more than it used to create :mad:

^^they all run that hot

when preshot was new, my friend got it and it used to overheat and shutdown too :)

btw, go to a local comp shop and get silicone TIM(thermal interface material) for 10bucks see what happens :)

hehehe reminds me of my pentium d when it reached almost 100C once.

but seriously this processor runs hot. there's nothing u can do abt it with a stock cooler.

Photographer said:
those r the 12v and 5v lines it means that ur 12v voltage has dropped below atx specification and it goes the same for 5v

So what would be the possible remedy for them same ?

Should i change the PSU ? or as siddhu suggested just reset the bios ?

Back