Bike Maintenance ??

xplicit

Disciple
I know this is a Tech forum but i'm sure it has its fair share of Bike enthusiasts...

So how about we share some tips regarding the regular care and maintanence of bikes?? (You know basic stuff which one can do himself, such as cleaning Air Filter, adjusting idling etc.)
It would be a great help to new bike owners :). Any guides/links would be appreciated.

P.S. How about we also post pics of our bikes?? :D

^ Nice site Saiyan...

@TB: Its a Bajaj 100cc... it was my first bike so my folks chose to buy me a low-end one :). But i like it, it serves my purpose, and beats every other bike in its category.

ct-100 you mean??

hmm man... havent visited xbhp for sometime now re... only went once with em for a ride..

btw i`m surprised bikey hasnt replied yet...

dont worry he must be busy preparing his phd thesis (on how to maintain a bike :bleh: ) and you can look through it soon.. :tongue: ... patience my friend.. patience.... :D

btw did ya run in your bike properly ??? ( not revving it tooo high, and not taking it beyond 60kmph.. in most cases, for the first 1000 or more kms..)

btw did ya run in your bike properly ??? ( not revving it tooo high, and not taking it beyond 60kmph.. in most cases, for the first 1000 or more kms..)
This is very important...... I made sure to follow the instructions given in the bike manual religiously....

No revving beyond 5K till 2000 kms.... Now, I rev beyond the red line till 10K RPM in 2nd gear :p ..... aaaaaaah....sounds glorious !!!

chic_mahnet..whatay id in xbhp?..mine is xxbomb ...

@nihkil : following everything in manual is not recommended..

once a friend of mine got a comet..he was given the same manual of aquila.....we went nuts searching for the fuel knob..:rofl:

oo so your xxbomb.. lol.. visited xbhp after like 2 months man!! damn!! too much has happened there re.. shucks....

anyways my id is the same there too ;)

ya me too ran in my bike upto 1500 kms.... then had gone for a ride to lonavala... ripped , ripped and ripped... awesome experience that was.. taught me a lot of things that ride, gear changing, what gear to be used when,and more importantly respect speed... ya the average speed was like 100kmph.. lol.. aahh..but damn those guys rip too much.. for my liking.. lol...

anyways... lol...

if you do like what nihkil does then bye bye mileage.. ;)... ride is smoothly and dont rev too much, and you should ahve good mileage... (if atall your interested in having a good mileage)

also keepp your bike clean... or as much as possible :)

i started ripping my bike since 200 kms...started with burnouts @ ~250 kms...lol..

my bike now returns 40 odd mileage with top speed of ~120 kmph...(last checked months back..:ashamed:......i hate bangalooru traffic...:mad: )

darn.. i dont ride at high speeds now.... max is like 80... 3 punctures(at around 60 km/h odd.. man and i`m scared now.. damn damn damn!!!!

but its ok i guess.. but still mileage is around 40-45 i guess(esp when i rip , 0-60 very quickly lol....)but when i do then its around 50-55 :D...

Back