Big! Loud! Fast!...~20K :D

khaleelda1

Disciple
Hey Guys,

1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k approx

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: BIGGER the better :D actually more than the actual size of the screen, what is required is better readability as in bigger fonts

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: NO

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Definitely Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Full HD recording will suffice

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android. Not necessarily ICS, even older versions will do as long as it is fast!

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: more the better..

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Lots of calling so a solid battery is a must, Full time email sync, browsing, sygic/mapmyindia,

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Its actually for my dad, was using samsung wave for too long now, happy with it, only issues, lacks responsiveness, ear-speaker(not loud speaker) volume too low, not so good for surfing...

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: really confused...saw this deal on Amazon for Sony arc s @299USD, its tooo tempting
Amazon.com: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S LT18a Unlocked Phone with Android, 8 MP Camera, 1.4 GHz Processor, and 4.2-Inch Display--U.S. Warranty (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Any help would be great help!
Regards,
Khaleel

The Galaxy S Advance or Motorola Atrix 2 seem to fit your bill if you increase your budget by 1-2k. While the Arc S is a good phone, its single core processor is looking seriously dated now. If you want to stay below the 20k mark, the Xperia Sola is one of the best phones in your budget if you can live with its mediocre battery life.

What about its servicing ? People are advising to avoid Motorola as they might have very bad after sales service

Actually I had an issue with the phone I got.. I bought the phone through flipkart and upon opening the box saw that there was an issue with the screen.. Immediately called up the customer care and asked for a replacement. Had to follow up couple of times, but they replaced the phone within 10 days.. So happy with that and thankfully no issues since..

In my case flipkart did the RMA and arranged the pickup and I didn't have much trouble, but read that generally it's difficult with Motorola.. Redington is supposed to do the service/repair now..

a motorola..hmm, come to think of it i have never seen a actual motorola phone!!! thats weird! anyways..

specs look good enough, can some one comment on the in call volume - higher side of average - lower side of average - just plain average

Software- kies was a nightmare!!!! whats the scene with motorola..

the looks of the phone - on the net it looks pretty bland for a 20k phone, so will go check out in a store.

Price - 21.7K @ saholic, but i checked out at amazon, the same model MB865 is listed as "4G"!!! @ 343usd. Can someone confirm if it is the same model?
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Atrix-4G-MB865-Gingerbread/dp/B006AB0JMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338965546&sr=8-1

PS: i would preferably be buying from amazon. got some relatives comming down this month, so.

PPS: the phone looks really really bland!! :(

a motorola..hmm, come to think of it i have never seen a actual motorola phone!!! thats weird! anyways..

specs look good enough, can some one comment on the in call volume - higher side of average - lower side of average - just plain average

Software- kies was a nightmare!!!! whats the scene with motorola..

the looks of the phone - on the net it looks pretty bland for a 20k phone, so will go check out in a store.

Price - 21.7K @ saholic, but i checked out at amazon, the same model MB865 is listed as "4G"!!! @ 343usd. Can someone confirm if it is the same model?
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

PS: i would preferably be buying from amazon. got some relatives comming down this month, so.

The volume is higher side of average and 343 $ comes to Rs 18865 (1$ = Rs 55) .. also ensure the seller is not in the same city, else a 10% tax would make it same cost as India.
I would suggest you to buy it from India at 20.5K with motorola warranty

ok so from where i see it...atrix has advantage of being a 4g. does that mean it will support 4g when available in india??
i guess airtel is already out with 4g but i feel still some time to being fully available....
so what i am asking is will the atrix be future proof?
and for that i will have to pay 2750rs extra!

other than that they both look the same ...Motorola Atrix 4G vs Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc "Face Off" - YouTube

so is my choice limited to atrix2 and arc s?? no other worthy competitors??

and also no clue about the desktop software for motorola and sony....as i said had a very bad experience with kies...so want to be sure..

The device sold in India and US is exactly same, except the fact that the spec 4G is advertised in USA as the network supports it.
But I am not sure what frequency of 4G network will be used in India.

ok so from where i see it...atrix has advantage of being a 4g. does that mean it will support 4g when available in india??
i guess airtel is already out with 4g but i feel still some time to being fully available....
so what i am asking is will the atrix be future proof?
and for that i will have to pay 2750rs extra!

other than that they both look the same ...Motorola Atrix 4G vs Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc "Face Off" - YouTube

so is my choice limited to atrix2 and arc s?? no other worthy competitors??

and also no clue about the desktop software for motorola and sony....as i said had a very bad experience with kies...so want to be sure..

You're confusing between the Atrix/Atrix 4G and the Atrix 2, its successor. The Atrix 2 was launched late last year and has some noticeable improvements over its predecessor.
The Atrix was never launched in India, but its second iteration was. I was talking about the Atrix 2 in the first reply to this thread.

As I mentioned above, it's a two way showdown between the Atrix 2 and the Galaxy S Advance for you. The Samsung phone has a smaller screen than the Atrix 2, but it comes with Super AMOLED goodness and the new NovaThor chipset which should be better than the Atrix 2's processor in most areas.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

You should also check out this pretty good deal, if you're alright with buying a used phone.

http://www.techenclave.com/sell-trade-products/sale-htc-sensation-4g-almost-132940/

One of his primary needs is solid battery life.. From almost all the reviews I've seen that the Nitro HD has pretty pathetic battery life.. Otherwise its a good option with a great screen..

Battery life is not very bad.after few weeks its increased.i am using lg nitro hd and its a super phone with 1.5 Ghz and 1 gb ram. And ips screen.

sorry guys, booked the spice mi425 on flipkart for 9700/-
Its big (@4inchs), its fast , as in, no lag in interface, and hoping it would be loud too :D

(PS: apparently dad dint want to spend 20k on a phone....bummer)

Back