PC Peripherals Beware! Foul tactics by Cassette world (broken processor pins)

pratz

Disciple
Oct 19, 2010
this post is inspired by "madnav":hap2:

i do know, cassette world is infamous here on TE .
i would just like to mention one of the incidents with cassette world and also repairing advice for broken pins on processor.

my friend got his AMD x6 processor's pins bent while removing the stock HSF,:(
so we approached CW for the procedure to correct it as we had no knowledge or tools or correcting the pins. he said , Your processor is out of warranty but i will try to make it good. :huh:

all in 350 bucks.... then he said,... well if the procedure doesn't work You only pay 350 , if it does, you pay 2350/- and i will do it in 1 day for you, :(
before we could think, he took the hsf and processor and gave it to the other servant and murmured sumtin. i doubted his words, whereas my frnd took off to get the cash from the ATM, i told the CW guy to hold on to the product , but he relented sayin, i will sent it in 5 mins, i don't know, i advised him , we dnt have the cash so won't be able to pay you while i was on phone with my friend.:no:

we approached PRIME abgb:clap: ,they gave their back off no. and we went there,

our processor work was done in believe it or not 250/- rs .:rofl: which considering the foul tactics , is a huge save. and took about 15 mins. they tested the processor for us,

from then on CW is a strict NO-NO for me, :bleh:
hope it helped you in some way.

p.s. I have skipped 2 shops a some other things to cut the story short.
but patience and perseverance does help:D

var89

Adept
Aug 27, 2007
Re: Beware !foul tactics by Cassette world (broken processor pins)

Hi,

Is the Cassette World ur talking about of Lamington Road?.

Ok got it its the someone ur talking about.

Its such a pathetic place. I got a mice from there 3 years ago. The mice was such crap that the pointer will not stay at one place for more than 1 second.

When i went back he refused to entertain. Had a torrid time runiing from service center to shop.

In the end all money went down the drain. The mice was Samsung Anyzen.

pratz

Disciple
Oct 19, 2010

dats real bad... yes it is the one, evn my frnd had a similar problem, he got a phenom x6 1055t with a asus 785 chipset mobo....

being a newbie he didnt knw what to do , When Win 7 didnt recognise the procy .......

casstte world guy told him to just drop into his shop WITHOUT a MOBO .... n then gave him a address and sort of scolded him for not getting the mobo. (evn he didnt knew about the mobo thing till he called the serice centre at lamington road) , evn he's a big Noob himself ..... anyways, the service centre guys were helpful and gave him the update for the mobo on his pen drive and also explained the installation process !!!!

nitant

Adept
Mar 9, 2009

Cassette World is a bad rip-off. Horrible Service, and rude people. Prime Rox. I am guessing you met Jude at the back office.

pratz

Disciple
Oct 19, 2010
the incident was before i joined tech enclave , it was an illustration about foul tactics ^o, not mending pins !!!!:mad:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No bud, there were around 14 bent pins, 2 were on the verge of breaking, and we couldnt take a risk of mending them without proper equipment !