better defragmenting software

sunilyo

Adept
hi,

My office system has gone very slow. No viruses as such as i have scanned for viruses.

But the reason i think for the slow operation of my pc is due to the regular installation and uninstallation of applications that i try on my office pc (to check how it works or will be usefull for me in office/home).

So think needs a good defragmenting software. the one that comes with win2k is too slow.

could you advise me of a good harddisk defragmenter which allows me to work simultaneously when it works in the background.

regards-sunilyo

Tried out many and i have always come back to Diskeeper 10.

Its the best , easy of use , all with complete info , detailed menu , does its job perfectly.

After that i like O&O Defrag but it comes at a second position.

For me its always gonna be diskeeper.

Thanks to Easy as i found abt this software only coz of Easy.

This is what other sites have to say.

kickstartnews.com said:
The effects of file fragmentation are widespread. Slow performance, long boot-times, random crashes and freeze-ups, and sometimes a complete inability to boot up are problems often blamed on operating systems when disk fragmentation is frequently the real culprit. You need to use something and Diskeeper is a great choice.

The user interface tweaks, particularly the revised and helpful text in the guide pane of the main program window, are great improvements.

I-FAAST really works and the additional cost to get it in Professional Premier is well worth it. Overall, regular file defragmentation jobs are faster than ever.

You can now run primary, secondary and I-FAAST defrag jobs, all based on different criteria.

Boot-time defragmentation jobs are easy to set up with a single click from the separate boot-time defrag job dialog.

Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier is a great maintenance tool for any and all home-office and small business Windows computers.

I measured specific performance improvements on most of the computers on my network after upgrading from Diskeeper 9 to version 10. On several machines that were running without any file defragmentation software of any kind, the improvements eked out by version 10 were terrific. In one case—a general purpose Windows XP Professional machine used by half a dozen different people each and every week—Diskeeper actually saved the machine from retirement. I was going to replace it, but the Diskeeper maintenance (and a subsequent once-over with SpinRite 6) has given the machine a new lease on life.

Highly recommended.

Source: Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier utility review

Bjorn3D.com said:
Diskeeper Professional Premier Edition version 10.0.593.0 is an outstanding product that was obviously constructed with either the "Network Professional" or "Power User" in mind. Keeping in mind the product's vast array of features, it is without a doubt one of the simplest products from an ease of use standpoint that I have ever encountered. I read through the product manual only after completing this review, just to see if there was anything obvious that I might have missed. In my previous dealings with Diskeeper products (several years ago), I found it necessary to run multiple passes to completely defragment my drives. Such is definitely not the case for this version of the product, given the above captioned test results which were quite impressive and complete.

One of the few negatives I can really give this product is its price. Diskeeper 10 retails for $99.95 through Diskeeper's online store. While not outlandish for such a feature-laden product, I still find it a bit on the high side. I would have also liked to have seen a job timer to prevent having to manually time each job's performance. Other than these two minor issues, I cannot fault this product in any way. Now for the highest compliment I can give a product in a review: Diskeeper, as of today, will become my product of choice for disk defragmentation and will replace all other defragmentation software I currently own!

+ Highly feature laden

+ Extremely easy to use

+ Fast and efficient

+ Low CPU utilization

+ Excellent help and documentation

Source: Bjorn3d.com -Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier Review, Satisfying Your Daily Tech Cravings Since 1996

Another fantastic review: Techgage - Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier

I've used PerfectDisk(I believe it was eazy who recommended it in some older thread. I donno when he switched to Disk Keeper. :S )

PerfectDisk does a good job but lacks clarity on the information front. Aah...it does a good job anyways. +1 for PerfectDisk .

sydras said:
I donno when he switched to Disk Keeper.

Over a year ago when PD started giving me trouble in recognising my HDDs :(

PD is good .... but Diskeeper gets the job done a bit faster..... Better defragging ? ..... I really cant say .... but Diskeeper does not give me any problems with my HDDs.

I prefer the PD screen ... if only it had not given me problems with picking up my HDDs I would have stuck with it.

I'd rate Diskeeper over O&O though performance wise both are same, the background defragging is much better in diskeeper ... even though i used to post about Roxio, I never tried it long enough to comment on it ... right now on vista I dont have any of these, vista's built in defragger works for me also i got no free space left to defrag :p

Back