Best way to clean a RAM slot?

i recently bought new RAM, but the slots in which I want to put them are very old and have never been used. I would like to clean them in case there is some kind of corrosion.
i've read that cleaning them with a moistened RAM with contact cleaner and taking it in/out the slot a few times would do the job, but I'm afraid that with the friction i could set it on fire, or is it very unlikely?
This is the contact cleaner that I'm going to use. (i've no other choice)

I'm afraid that with the friction i could set it on fire, or is it very unlikely?
ROFL no it won't.
These are smooth contacts and inserting a RAM stick isn't fast enough to cause the friction needed for a fire.

You could optionally just brush the contacts with a small paint brush, this way the gold plating on the contacts don't get damaged either.

ROFL no it won't.
These are smooth contacts and inserting a RAM stick isn't fast enough to cause the friction needed for a fire.

You could optionally just brush the contacts with a small paint brush, this way the gold plating on the contacts don't get damaged either.
thanks!! I've been looking for an answer like that, everyone was giving me the same answer "use compressed air and don't do shit" and nobody really answered my question.

Since decades using a minus screw driver and rubbing it inside the slots...ram/pci. Removes all rusty shit. Just make sure to clean all the powdery dust once done.

Back