Best phone under 5K

beginner007

Disciple
Hi Friends

I'm in market for a phone under 5K INR, which should be value for money. Requirements are in descending order ...

1. best call quality with speaker phone

2. maximum battery life

3. Stereo FM without headphone (internal antena) with superb speakers

I'll not use internet much on this as I have always access to high-speed broadband and in in case of emergency I may use internet.

I was seeing Samsung Champ but confused with its different models specially between C3300, C3303 and C3303i. I do not know what are the difference between these 3.

Request you to suggest me a best phone with above 3 basic requirements.

Nokia x2 has a good 'loud' speaker. Cedar is pretty quiet, and anyway since you don't need 3g et all, better avoid it.
Btw regarding internal antennae, i guess you mean that you want to play fm without handsfree or are you talking about the cellular radio, i mean the gsm radio?

aka911 said:
Nokia x2 has a good 'loud' speaker. Cedar is pretty quiet, and anyway since you don't need 3g et all, better avoid it.

Btw regarding internal antennae, i guess you mean that you want to play fm without handsfree or are you talking about the cellular radio, i mean the gsm radio?

He is talking about FM, dude....LOL

Go with nokia x2, its quite OK with your requirements. but its a nokia, after all. are you open to phones from Karbonn, Spice, etc? then your range will widen.

aka911 said:

The thing with Internal antenna is with it you do not need to insert your headphone which some phones require you to insert into audio jack so that it acts as a antenna to recieve FM signals. My dad's HTC HD7 and My Galaxy S phones require you to insert heaphones to recieve FM signals.

aka911 said:

Yes, you are correct friend. I want the phone should tune to my city FM stations without connecting any headset or other wires to phone. Simply the phone should tune to FM station and play the music with good stereo sound in loud so that all in the room can listen to the music.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vivek.krishnan said:
Go with nokia x2, its quite OK with your requirements. but its a nokia, after all. are you open to phones from Karbonn, Spice, etc? then your range will widen.

Frankly I do not have any experience with Indian brand phones and not read any review too. If they are REALLY good and the build quality is good, I'm open else will stick to popular brands only. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thank you all friends for your valuable suggestions.

From your replies I found 3 recommendations, ie,

1. Samsung Champ 3303

2. Nokia X2

3. Sony Cedar

Now please suggest me the best among these 3 (or anything else apart from these).

Hi, go for Sony cedar.........

Memory => Internal 280 MB Card slot microSD, up to 16GB

Battery => Stand-by Up to 415 h,Talk time Up to 4 h 40 min

Phone Book => 2000 entries

Back