Car & Bike Best Motorcycle for a Beginner

Thank you for your suggestion. I have just learnt riding. Could drive it well in low traffic, but still takes a week to perfect.
Drove my friends R15 for checking, it was awesome. But the front adds to the bulk, and was kinda uncomfortable while turning. But it was very lively, and is meant to go at high speeds.
Also having driven the P180, I felt it to be great, but the handle is kinda constrained. It is not much free at times.
I also drove an old Suzuki Samurai, it was all great. It is about 15 years old. This bike gave me good impression on Suzuki.

I plan on taking a Test Drive of the suggested bikes next week. I will then finalize and buy in the third week of this month :)
Will keep you guys updated.

I just started riding bikes 2 months ago (leaned then only).
Got my self an Orange FZ-S and it's awesome.
Rides like a dreams and it's a great bike for beginners as the handling is super easy.

Riders seat is Comfy and pillon seat is also ok(although could've been better).
I was also confused between Unicorn and FZ-S ,(had learnt riding bike in Unicorn; it's good ) and had to go for FZ-S simply because Unicorn looks like a bike for 30 year old people.
B

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
I
Requirements:
  1. Good Ride Comfort and Handling. One of the best.
  2. Should have good riding position and pillion comfort. Comfy riders position and decent pillion seats.(My girlfriend didn't complaint of any inconvenience )
  3. A good refined engine. FE is not much of a problem as I take it out for small distances, in city. But it shouldn't burn my pocket. (Still a student -last semester). Mileage is low for a 150cc(only downside) . 38-40kmpl.
  4. I will sometimes go on a long drive on highway to college (once a week) ,so it should not have the vibration problem ( as in Apache). It's smoooth.
  5. Should be beginner friendly and safe. Of course will also be buying good gear along with it.It is very easy to handle and ride it. Trust me, I started out like you. Still have to learn a lot, but the bike is easy to ride.
  6. Should have a good design.The best, by far.
See my reply in bold

Thank you.
One of my friends has an FZ-S. Will ride it and check it.
I am looking for a no nonsense bike, that can be run for 3-5 years! Mileage is no issue. If it gives around 40, that is enough for me.

Ok So today I went to showrooms to check the bikes and OTR Prices.
CBZ Xtreme and RTR 160 are around 81K
Karizma 94K
Must goto Yamaha soon and find out.
Just one question, If I can extend my budget a little and go for the Karizma will it be worth it?
I mean I am just a beginner so I am thinking whether or not I will bring out its true potential or not. And if is right for me or not. So kinda confused.

Just one question, If I can extend my budget a little and go for the Karizma will it be worth it?

Just take a TD of Karizma R and ZMR both. Then decide which one you want to go for. Also do make sure you check out all the bikes in ur range so that u wont have any regrets :)

Also IMO I find the ZMR pretty pointless; while the ZMA R does the job pretty well.. and thats why I have a ZMA R :D

Thank you. As i am still learning, I Doubt I can handle it well :D
I plan on riding the bike and learning it completely then. Done the basics though
That is the sole reason I am asking you guys. Else I would have TD every bike and taken one :)

Unicorn/Dazzler, FZ/FZs = Quality, Refinement, Reliability, Durability, After sales service, Peace of mind - I would vouch anytime for Honda coz of its engine. Its better than Yamaha anytime especially considering the Indian motorcycling scenario below 90k.

Pulsar 200ns = Refinement, New engine, Horses, Perimeter frame,looks, handling, 200cc/23bhp for 97k \m/ = Durability(??- only coz its still new in the market)

Apache RTR = Torque, Handling, Fun to ride bike (so engaging), Engine should be maintained well.

Karizma = Baaap Torque, Good engine from Heros stable, Vibes post 110kph (who cares anyways), Good tourer.

If you decide to go for performance bikes then R15, CBR150r and Duke 200 are not so far from your reach. ;)

A month after you buy a bike , you won't be a beginner anymore.
So I would suggest you practice some old bikes and buy a new bike after you become good enough.

A month after you buy a bike , you won't be a beginner anymore.
So I would suggest you practice some old bikes and buy a new bike after you become good enough.
The bike I buy will be the one I learn on and ride. So, what do you suggest?
I am fixed on CBZ or FZ for now

If deciding between CBZ and FZ then I would suggest the FZ. CBZ doesnt have the looks, I would have picked the older CBZ if it would have been out there. Ahh, that bike brought a revolution.
The bike I buy will be the one I learn on and ride. So, what do you suggest?
I am fixed on CBZ or FZ for now

Buy Duke :p

j/k..Although I bought FZ-S 2 months back.for the same reason.
Was a beginner. Now that I gained confidence, and since budget wasn't the reason, I am so tempted to sell of FZ-S and buy Duke 200.

Nothing against FZ-S though, it delivered more than what I expected.
Awesome bike FZ-S.

There is nothing like a beginner bike to be honest.
Get the best bike money can buy for you and it would take about 1 day to get the hang of it.I remember back in the day i had a budget for a karizma and stupidly went for a pulsar 150 because i felt i am a noob and wouldnt handle the karizma when infact normally it is the other way around.
Bikes which are technologically advanced are like butter to handle.
If you got a 1 lakh budget then get the best you are getting in it.Karizma is a great tourer but i find it a bit boring to drive.If I were you i do look at the Duke.

I was a beginner when I bought my CBZ extreme, two years back. You can easily learn any bike, you just have to spend some time riding it and in my opinion, CBZ is a good option

Ok. Checked all. Going with the CBF Stunner
Booking tom. I Know I Couldve got a better one. But one look and I liked this bike!

Ok. Checked all. Going with the CBF Stunner
Booking tom. I Know I Couldve got a better one. But one look and I liked this bike!

Considering your budget, i am a bit surprised. Anyways since you have made the decision , congratulations and hope you have a good buying experience.

I dont know if this is good or bad. But, I cancelled my booking. Now waiting till I gather enough funds and will book an FZ in April End.
Thank you all for your suggestions..

I dont know if this is good or bad. But, I cancelled my booking. Now waiting till I gather enough funds and will book an FZ in April End.
Thank you all for your suggestions..

You wont regret this at all mate . Play the waiting game and get the best one in your budget.

Back