Graphic Cards Best Graphics Card at 4k-5k?

kvikram

Skilled
Need the absolute most value-for-money GFX card at 4k-5k. What do you recommend?

Might extend up to 6k, depending on how much extra performance I'm getting.

EDIT: The 6670 seems like a good bet. What think?

Last edited:
Hey folks!

Didn't want to start up a new thread for this simple question, so using this one for now.
I've got an Abit IP-35 with me, with a C2D 8400. The 8800GT that was doing duty as the graphics card has finally called it quits after 5 years :p.
Yes I know it's been a long time since I updated my rig :p.

Anyways, I don't use the computer much these days, apart from casual browsing and watching soaps & movies.
So I was wondering if I could get another graphics card to go with this system. Currently the system is running on a Corsair CX430.

Can I use something like a Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 with my PSU & mobo? Any ideas?
Is this even compatible with the LGA 775 platform mobo's?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks & Cheers!

Yes its compatible with lga775 mobo. I'm using ddr5 version of this card on my lga 775 mobo from past two three months.
You just need pcie x16 slot on your mobo.

www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-6670-1gb-ddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdfygjystmyqrx?pid=GRCDFYGJGKEGHRDQ&otracker=search&pageNum=1

I got this one I think.
Thanks for the response mate! Much appreciated!

Is the DDR5 version going to make any difference in day-to-day usage? I am curious, because I am almost never going to use it to play games.
Just need a decent card to ensure that I can offload all the HD/Blu-Ray processing to it, and keep the ancient CPU stress free.
Any ideas? I hope you understand that it is not about the price of the card :) I am just curious, that's all.

And, on another note, is ordering electronic stuff off Flipkart a good idea? I have ordered loads of stuff from flipkart before, but never anything electronic in nature. What if in case the card is DOA?

Thanks for the response mate! Much appreciated!

Is the DDR5 version going to make any difference in day-to-day usage? I am curious, because I am almost never going to use it to play games.
Just need a decent card to ensure that I can offload all the HD/Blu-Ray processing to it, and keep the ancient CPU stress free.
Any ideas? I hope you understand that it is not about the price of the card :) I am just curious, that's all.

And, on another note, is ordering electronic stuff off Flipkart a good idea? I have ordered loads of stuff from flipkart before, but never anything electronic in nature. What if in case the card is DOA?

I don't play games on my card too. Just using it for htpc playback. The difference between the ddr3 & ddr5 version is memory bandwidth available to card.

Read this: www.extremetech.com/computing/81778-gddr5-memoryunder-the-hood

If money is not a problem, get the 7750ddr5 card (requires atleast pciex v2.1 slot). It tales even less power than 6670 & is much much better. Its for around 7100 or so on fk last I saw.

Buying electronic item from Fk is ok. Have got more than three four items from them, and their cc is good at responding to queries within 24 hrs. Only drawback is they take time to ship items. They usually take around four days to just ship an item.

Last edited:
If money is not a problem, get the 7750ddr5 card (requires atleast pciex v2.1 slot). It tales even less power than 6670 & is much much better. Its for around 7100 or so on fk last I saw.

Buying electronic item from Fk is ok. Have got more than three four items from them, and their cc is good at responding to queries within 24 hrs. Only drawback is they take time to ship items. They usually take around four days to just ship an item.

Ah yes, the 7750. That card would have made sense in the price bracket. But I don't need it at the moment. I believe the 6670 shall suffice.
Well then, it's sorted. I will place an order for the 6670 soon, and report how it fares. Thanks again for all the assistance mate. Much appreciated! Cheers!

Back