BEST F1 Game Ever Formula 1 fans Rejoice F1 2010 is here

The game is superb. :jumpy:

Here's my experience:

Starting...

Game mode: Medium default.

Have to concentrate hard if you want to secure first position. Was playing the first race (Practice, quali, race) with keyboard. Ached my fingers badly to come first, 2-3 spins during race, sheer thrill.

Then I plugged in the Momo racing wheel, and experienced that the game has excellent support for a wheel. The understeers and rumblestrips gave feedback to the wheel with excellent accuracy. The steering sensitivity is also exceptionally good.

During the second race it started raining, while I was on intermediate tires. Things got really difficult with the 20% rain visibility, new controller, huge skids, spins, I had used all flashbacks, but eventually had to restart race.

Set Driving Line: Always on if you want to win a rain race. Tweaked the car for better acceleration rather than top speed by shifting the gear ratios to short. Also, increased downforce.

Concentrated hard on the line, eventually adjusted the driving style to the rain (very different from regular dry race) to win.

Won 2 more dry races and then turned on tyre wear and fuel simulation. Now it will again be difficult to secure podium, and that's what all the thrill is about.

Conclusion: Finally a great F1 game which is a worthy successor to the old F1 Challenge 99-02. Since then, things have moved slightly towards the arcade style but the simulation features have also been pushed a notch higher: Adjusting wing angles at different parts of the lap to get that extra second off the lap time, deciding tyre strategies, abiding to flags and other rules, regular R&D of car, keeps your interest in the game.

Now checking the net for finer setups for upcoming races :p

EDIT: Found this: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/ Seems good.

^You know, if you turn on brake assist, and all other assists in Grid, its gets quite easy. Similarly, with F1 2010, if you play with difficulty selected to "Easy" (all assists on), the game shall seems interesting to you.

anyone up for posting their fastest laps, for TE F1 Leaderboard :p

when doing so, do mention the following-
  • Input - keyboard (KB) or gamepad (GP) or Wheel (SW)
  • Car setup - (default (D)/ race engineer set (RE) / Custom (C)
  • Screenshot for Proof :p

do post your custom setup.
example:
Silverstone [dry]
1.xx.xxx [SW, RE]

(RE - extreme dry)
I'll start with mine :D

Circuit: Catalunya [Dry]
Time: 1.22.600 [GP, C]
Setup : Setup from Race department forum
cat122q1.png

^nice, but if you intend a lap time posting, then qualifying laps arent the way. Rather compete in Time Trial mode, so that one can easily goto any circuit he wishes to, and then give it a shot. Here is my lap from Spain:

Time: 1.20.265 [SW, C]

Car: McLaren

Setup : Setup from Race department forum (Modified)

2nuq5hx.jpg

forgot few details :D

i was driving Force India :D

thats amazing lap :O

and are Rs.2000 unknown brand wheels good? :p

one more thing, is it advisable to buy a second hand wheel, like momo?

Haddock said:
and are Rs.2000 unknown brand wheels good? :p

one more thing, is it advisable to buy a second hand wheel, like momo?

No clue about rs2000 wheels. But I would recommend a x360 controller over cheap wheels.

Yes, a momo in good condition is highly recommendable, better than anything below 10k.

you should play this game with the xbox controller. the traction control - off setting isn't overly sensitive and you can drive perfectly fine with the xbox controller at ultimate difficulty.

Rs. 2000 wheels suck.

I was thinking of getting that Saitek Wheel for 2k in ebay deals of the week for this game specifically. Guess I'll wait to get a Momo later.

It hurts playing with keyboard.:ashamed:

sato1986 said:
^nice, but if you intend a lap time posting, then qualifying laps arent the way. Rather compete in Time Trial mode, so that one can easily goto any circuit he wishes to, and then give it a shot. Here is my lap from Spain:

Time: 1.20.265 [SW, C]
Car: McLaren
Setup : Setup from Race department forum (Modified)

2nuq5hx.jpg
Great time , just gave it a shot and did a few laps was only able to manage 1:22:3xx , with RE setup, will try the linked setup

AMAZING GAME!!!!!!

began a new season today (acquired the game at 2am) and after 3 hours of driving I got sore numb hands. I need a new driving wheel controller to play this game. Following the pre-demarcated racing line is tough with a keyboard. At bahrain - I chose the Race engineer set car and got a time of 2:09 in the practice. however i chose a custom setup next and decided to go for dry with speed set to high. the car gave me loads of oversteer and started skidding off the kerbs even with the minutest of mistakes. I was playing the game on the easy mode. Does the car always over-steer a lot when it has been setup in the Custom mode? Also what tyre setup do I need, to get the best out of my car in Bahrain?

All in all an amazing and riveting game!

Finished 5 Seasons in this Game (20Laps a Race), a different team each season.. this is too good. If you play in Hard Mode you will get all the realistic experience, like your car going out of control if you are too close to the car in front. Will be buying Logitech Gaming wheel probably MOMO or Driving Force Wheel

This is probably one of the buggiest release ever from Codemasters!! Just go over to the official forums for this game and you'll see how Codemasters has made a frigin mess of this game.

There are even legitimate doubts being raised if Codemasters intentionally rushed this game out.

Take a look at the list of issues reported here -

Unofficial F1 2010 Bugs & Errors List. - Codemasters Forums

BUGS & GLITCHES OFFLINE

Priority=

-AI drivers not pitting at all in a race, or too many times.

-Times that are predetermined by cpu in qualy dont relate to actual race pace set by ai in race.

-pit lane exit/entry lines can be passed over without penalty! AI very often ignore the lines

-Fuel Sim ON, and Fuel Sim OFF: the players' car performance is noticeably affected,

but AI cars aren't?

-AI ghosting cars when entering pits also they slow down far too much before pitlane.

-Users reporting Corrupt Save Data (R&D causing this maybe)

-Freezing and locking up often

-Cars not being serviced in the pits and just sitting there, causing user to reset race if teammate is stuck

-driving assists abs staying active in sessions, unless proceed straight to hotlap or sector (when turned off)

-Pitstop exiting hesitation (see targa thread for temporary solution)

-Race results not portraying actual results

-AI blue flag issue, they get disqualified

-Pit limiter auto on regardless of setting. Whole Pit lane routine doesnt work properly.

-Damage not affecting AI

-Flashbacks ruining laptimes

-gaining places when no cars actually overtaken

-Slight lag on controls of car (mainly PC)

-excessive punctures & punctures being replaced with punctured tyres on same compound.

-Horrendous frameskips on certain track corners (monaco)

-when applying a flashback and re-continue mid trurn, the wheel whips aggressively

-Split timing to AI cars is a must! on screen.

Not Priority=

-Team mates showing incorrect on contract

-Driving line disappears often

-Wet Replay AI spray not visible

-Sound delay on shifting

-Sector 3 times don't stay up, you can't ever see your sector 3

-Tyre availability bug in practice sessions, e.g., no Primes available in P2 image

-live timer doesn't show personal best sector times

-third soft/hard tyre set not available in qualifying

-penalties given to player when ai hit you and also far too sensitive in certain forced situations

-IN/OUT laps not counted in lap count for sessions

-Odd objectives set by team (finished 22 then target was 12 in virgin?!)

-Occasional sound issue with rain sound on dry tracks/conditions.

-during a session the autosave symbol will continually spin.

I suck at simulators like this and GIRD :( Even with all assists on (braking etc ) and easy mode I am not able to come in top 10 :(. I rarely go out of track and still lose :S .

Back