Budget 10-15K Best Dual-SIM Android phone under 15k

Alex D'costa

Recruit
Hi,
I would like to buy an android phone which is in 15k budget, but my main requirement is that it should be a Dual-SIM phone.
Am very much tempted by Micromax A116 Canvas HD, but the brand name Micromax puts me off. I have also seen Sony Xperia Tipo dual and HTC Desire V. Want your advice which Dual-SIM Android phone would you recommend. Would you guys recommend Micromax?

1. Budget?
A: 15k

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: A known brand looks reliable, but as I mentioned earlier is Micromax that good. Canvas HD looks great at this budget.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera atleast with Flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android (latest OS version)

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: One phone for two numbers, that's why a dual-sim is main requirement. Other than that, a bit of casual gaming like Temple run, and good enough camera. Yeah, voice recorder too.

10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual-SIM is main requirement.

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Micromax A116 Canvas HD, Sony Xperia Tipo Dual HTC Desire V.

XOLO Q800.. I've used both of them for quite some time and I can assure you that Q800 trumps Lenovo P770 in performance, display, sound quality(after updating it with the gionee 4.2.1 ROM), camera quality and number of sensors. The only edge that P770 has over the Q800 is its brilliant battery life but that again comes at a price - weight.
out of the two, I'd choose the Q800. If there are any screenshots, camera samples, etc. you guys need, I could upload those for you. Also, I'll be posting a review on my blog soon :)
EDIT - Touch sensitivity is very good (perhaps as good as a galaxy s3)

XOLO Q800.. I've used both of them for quite some time and I can assure you that Q800 trumps Lenovo P770 in performance, display, sound quality(after updating it with the gionee 4.2.1 ROM), camera quality and number of sensors. The only edge that P770 has over the Q800 is its brilliant battery life but that again comes at a price - weight.
out of the two, I'd choose the Q800. If there are any screenshots, camera samples, etc. you guys need, I could upload those for you. Also, I'll be posting a review on my blog soon :)

I am on the stock ROM on XOLO Q800. I use Power Amp player from playstore for music, and with amp equalizer, I tune a bit to overcome the average sound output quality of this handset.
Does the new ROM that you mentioned greatly improve sound quality?
Also, i have observed that following issues: Are they rectified in this new ROM ? Can you please check ?
1. In-call sound volume is low.
2. If I get a notification when a call is active, the notification tone comes ON, which is a big bummer. The notification tone is so loud because the handset is held next to your ear during a call ! (Actually, ideally the notification should remain silent and remain on your dashboard that all.)
3. Sometimes music or notification tones appear clipped. (I mean they sound like stuck for a few milliseconds. Don't know why this happens)

Are there any other benefits with the new ROM ?[DOUBLEPOST=1369894610][/DOUBLEPOST]
10.4k on ebay.. its under deals of the week but alas the seller has only black in stock. You could also look at tradus where it was going for 10.2k after the 10% discount code
Flipkart too gives 5% OFF on any one day of the week. Two weeks back it was on Monday, this week it was Tuesday. But only on items from WS retail.[DOUBLEPOST=1369894879][/DOUBLEPOST]New buyers please be aware of this news : http://www.gogi.in/xolo-q800-mtk6589wm-chipset.html

I purchased mine around a week back from flipkart and it was the MT6589 version with 1080P video record support, so no issues.

I am on the stock ROM on XOLO Q800. I use Power Amp player from playstore for music, and with amp equalizer, I tune a bit to overcome the average sound output quality of this handset.
Does the new ROM that you mentioned greatly improve sound quality?
Also, i have observed that following issues: Are they rectified in this new ROM ? Can you please check ?
1. In-call sound volume is low.
2. If I get a notification when a call is active, the notification tone comes ON, which is a big bummer. The notification tone is so loud because the handset is held next to your ear during a call ! (Actually, ideally the notification should remain silent and remain on your dashboard that all.)
3. Sometimes music or notification tones appear clipped. (I mean they sound like stuck for a few milliseconds. Don't know why this happens)

Are there any other benefits with the new ROM ?[DOUBLEPOST=1369894610][/DOUBLEPOST]
Flipkart too gives 5% OFF on any one day of the week. Two weeks back it was on Monday, this week it was Tuesday. But only on items from WS retail.[DOUBLEPOST=1369894879][/DOUBLEPOST]New buyers please be aware of this news : http://www.gogi.in/xolo-q800-mtk6589wm-chipset.html

I purchased mine around a week back from flipkart and it was the MT6589 version with 1080P video record support, so no issues.

Yes, the improvement in SQ in the new ROM is definitely noticeable.
1. In-call volume is better than stock.
2. In the new ROM, the phone stays silent when you're on a call :)
3. This is yet to be resolved but its only present in some cases. eg., when you're checking your balance through a USSD code.
The new ROM is smoother, the icons have transparent background to them, Gapps have been updated, wallpaper sharpness issue has been resolved, phone REMAINS SILENT when using USSD codes on silent mode(it almost got me kicked out of office once), there is no bloatware at all. Some other features which looked useless to me like pick up phone to answer call automatically, flip to pause alarm, etc.
OH YES!, the dark camera issue is resolved. No more darker videos on skype, tango or 3rd party camera apps. Camera output is also bit better because the default exposure value is now 0(from the earlier -1 in stock).
Its a definite improvement over the stock ROM.
[DOUBLEPOST=1369985155][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you post a link to the new rom?
Also got mine today with the proper 6589 chip.

Download v2 of the ROM. Do not go for the newer versions as they have minor issues yet.
here's the link - http://androidjugaad.com/showthread.php?tid=1499

They are many phones that beat lenovo p770 in everything else apart from battery . But if you dont have a battery everything else just doesnt work[DOUBLEPOST=1369993578][/DOUBLEPOST]is quad core a7 slower than dual core a9 in p770?

Hi guys did anyone checked this phone called Wickedleak Wammy Passion Z. The specifications looks good, Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), Google Play Store.
Dual-SIM (2G + 3G), Dual standby.
5" IPS display with capacitive touch and pixel dimensions of 1920x1080.
1.2 GHz MTK6589 ARM Cortex-A7 quad-core CPU, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU.
1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, Up to 64 GB microSDXC support.
12 megapixel rear camera with F2.2 lens, BSI sensor, LED flash, and autofocus, supports 1080p capture with sound.
2 megapixel front camera for video chat.
3G, Wi-Fi with hotspot, Bluetooth, microUSB, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio.
Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity, Magnetic, Gyroscope, GPS.
2500 mAh Li-Po battery.
5.55" (H) x 2.7" (W) x 0.35" (8.9 mm) (D), 150 grams with battery.
Available colours: Black, White.

The handset is powered by a 2500 mAh Li-Po battery, which should provide a good enough backup. The backside illuminated (BSI) sensor should help with better low-light photos, while the F2.2 lens should allow wide-angle photography. At 150 grams, this is surprisingly lightweight. The Wickedleak Wammy Passion Z will be available on 15th June at an attractive price of Rs 14,990, which is good for a 5" smartphone with a Full HD screen

specs dont mean much... Just because a camera has a BSI sensor does not automatically translate to good low light photography...

I second P770 as the best dual sim on market <15k..
Esp considering dual sim mode eats up more juice, That battery does come in handy..
plus the build quality of lenevo handsets is a notch above other dual sim makers.. esp after one month of use and abuse

Xolo q1000, is way better than micromax canvas hd a116,.Belive me I have compaired both phones in hand.My friend bought micromax canvas hd a few weeks back, & i got this xolo q1000, day before yesterday.
Canvas hd was definately the best phone before q1000.But, here are the difference:
1.Xolo's camera is way better having BSI CMOS sensor: Really good ans sharp pics with good details
Canvas hd's camera has a feature for extreme noise correction, which makes the pics very blurry and with less details.
Both have HDR mode, which is better.
2.Xolo has dragon tail glass protection, 6 times better than gorrilla glass.
3.Xolo has better battery management than canvas hd. It has 100mah more capacity too.Lasts for 16-17hrs without any problem on moderate usage. while canvas HD lasts around 8-9 hrs.
4.Xolo's looks are better, edge to edge screen is very good. much better than canvas hd.
5. Xolo is smaller than canvas hd, can even be operated with one hand with slight stretching.
6. Xolo's sound quality is better than Canvas HD.
7.Build quality of xolo is much better than canvas hd.

A few thing xolo q1000 don't have, that canvas hd has.
1. gyro sensor.
2. USB OTG.

But, I would recommend it only if any one wants a dual sim phone.
Coz For single sim phone there are much better options available,
The UI of any local or Chinese phones are really bad, call it xolo, canvas or any other.
After using these Chinese phones, i found these things:
1.There UI is pathetic.
2. very limited setting options.
3. Sound quality and camera quality are not comparable to good company's phones.
Although the display now a days are good on these premium Chinese phones.
4.Simple basic UI functions like different volume control for notification, and ring tone, are lacking in these phones.
5. These premium chinese phones provide good hardware, and screen quality, with good price to performance ratio.
6. these definately the best dual sim phones out there.
I say if you are desparate enough to go for a dual sim phone like me, then only go for these phone

And regarding warranty for xolo.
Xolo is going to provide the best door to door warranty service in near future.
Check out this link:
Xolo smartphone buyers to get repairing services at doorstep - Economic Times
I usually do my homework well before buying and product.[DOUBLEPOST=1371160542][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way,this new phone from lenovo, will change it all:
Its a dual sim with all the goodies.
s820,s920
http://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/smartphones/s-series/s820/index.html#techspecs

Back