Budget 10-15K Best Dual-SIM Android phone under 15k

Alex D'costa

Recruit
Hi,
I would like to buy an android phone which is in 15k budget, but my main requirement is that it should be a Dual-SIM phone.
Am very much tempted by Micromax A116 Canvas HD, but the brand name Micromax puts me off. I have also seen Sony Xperia Tipo dual and HTC Desire V. Want your advice which Dual-SIM Android phone would you recommend. Would you guys recommend Micromax?

1. Budget?
A: 15k

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: A known brand looks reliable, but as I mentioned earlier is Micromax that good. Canvas HD looks great at this budget.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera atleast with Flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android (latest OS version)

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: One phone for two numbers, that's why a dual-sim is main requirement. Other than that, a bit of casual gaming like Temple run, and good enough camera. Yeah, voice recorder too.

10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual-SIM is main requirement.

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Micromax A116 Canvas HD, Sony Xperia Tipo Dual HTC Desire V.

I have the same requirement as you except that I don't have a budget as such. Hope someone answers to this topic...

I've been researching for any upcoming phones because the current set of phones aren't too great, but haven't got much info.

The best phone right now would be Micromax a116.

XOLO Q800.

Beats all the above options hands down. I have one, received yesterday from flipkart. Much better than expected. I showed it to people who have a galaxy note2, LG optimus L9 and they accepted that at a price point of Rs.11550 it is the best phone available. Spend another 500 and get your self a class 10 8GB memory card.

Only con could be post sales service, which is OK since flipkart has 30 day replacement guarantee and you can test it once you receive it (Run all apps, check camera, call quality, battery life, screen quality, etc). Another problem is no suitable case yet in the market.

The FM app in the phone can even record live radio, camera can auto focus during video recording, it comes with a 1A wall charger so charging will be fast, front cam 0.8MP, Jelly bean OS, can install appps on SD card.[DOUBLEPOST=1369303955][/DOUBLEPOST]If i am right, if you place order on a Monday in flipkart, you get additional 5% off. So that will bring it to 10900/- approx. Check this on coming Monday, 27-05-2013. You can also read flipkart reviews about this model. I guess it is the only model to get 5/5 rating.

Xolo 800 is manufactured by Gionee. Build quality is fine (My friend has one).
It is sold in many other countries with different names. the kernel source is out and there are some custom roms available as well, if you like to play with custom roms.
http://androidjugaad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23&page=3
The only disadvantage I see is the absence of LED indicator and poor after sales service as told by some TE members in other threads.
We have sony xperia P listed for < 15 K on ebay.in. But we get only sellers warranty.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-Xperia-...ones&hash=item27d30d328c&_uhb=1#ht_7039wt_942

Xolo 800 is manufactured by Gionee. Build quality is fine (My friend has one).
It is sold in many other countries with different names. the kernel source is out and there are some custom roms available as well, if you like to play with custom roms.
http://androidjugaad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23&page=3
The only disadvantage I see is the absence of LED indicator and poor after sales service as told by some TE members in other threads.
We have sony xperia P listed for < 15 K on ebay.in. But we get only sellers warranty.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-Xperia-...ones&hash=item27d30d328c&_uhb=1#ht_7039wt_942
I have also seen Gionee Ctrl V3 handset. Its decent too. My friend has one. Got it for around 9K. It has good battery life and build quality. Seeing that I was inclined to purchase xolo q800 since gionee is the original manufacturer. In fact my mainboard is shown as gionee in the phone ! Gionee is trustable because they have many service centers in India, but that will not help xolo phones, nevertheless one can infer that xolo has been made by a reliable Chinese manufacturer like gionee.

Galaxy Grand perhaps? Only mid-range dual sim phone close to your budget. But UMI X2 is about to launch with FULL HD screen, even though a chinese brand, it has latest features like quad core processor, and FULL HD screen

Zopo have not shipped even the pre orders till date. They also work similar to UMI and other cheap Chinese players, better not trust them until they deliver something.
True!! that's y haven't placed any order. They just can't be let to take us for a ride. where technology/models change every 3 months, No delivery within 7 days is a crime. Need to add this to IPC along with Spot/Match fixing ;)

Thanks all for your suggestions. :)
Mlais MX56 is strikingly similar to Micromax Canvas HD, but when Micromax is here in India, why would one order a Chinese brand? Gionee looks good and I checked they have many service centers across India, whereas Xolo haven't listed their service/support centers.
Now, honestly am more inclined to buy MMX or xolo brands just because of the specs they are offering; whereas HTC Desire V and Sony Tipo Dual are nothing in comparison to these specs wise. So, should I narrow down my choice to MMX canvas HD vs Xolo q800 vs Gionee Dream D1?? Or is there any other to be considered that's comparable to these?

Also, @tutysara .. Sony Xperia P is listed at almost 20k at flipkart, how could this ebay seller be selling it at 15k. Would these be refurbished ones? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
XOLO Q800.

Beats all the above options hands down. I have one, received yesterday from flipkart. Much better than expected. I showed it to people who have a galaxy note2, LG optimus L9 and they accepted that at a price point of Rs.11550 it is the best phone available. Spend another 500 and get your self a class 10 8GB memory card.

Only con could be post sales service, which is OK since flipkart has 30 day replacement guarantee and you can test it once you receive it (Run all apps, check camera, call quality, battery life, screen quality, etc). Another problem is no suitable case yet in the market.

Hi @TE_cybertron.. can you please share your experience of the performance of xolo q800 phone. does it lags while playing games and hows the battery life. Also, hows the camera's picture and video quality? :)

the umi x2 was for 14,000 rs now the rates have skyrocket to 16,000 + 500 shipping.
the booking started since 2-3 months, but the company is yet to deliver a single handset.
the company has gone back on its words it promised a 1.5 quad core processor but now the company is giving the quad core 1.2 ghz proccy.
check out the war of words at umimobiles facebook.

the umi x2 was for 14,000 rs now the rates have skyrocket to 16,000 + 500 shipping.
the booking started since 2-3 months, but the company is yet to deliver a single handset.
the company has gone back on its words it promised a 1.5 quad core processor but now the company is giving the quad core 1.2 ghz proccy.
check out the war of words at umimobiles facebook.

Yeah I just saw a whole thread over it in this forum itself.

Thanks all for your suggestions. :)
Mlais MX56 is strikingly similar to Micromax Canvas HD, but when Micromax is here in India, why would one order a Chinese brand? Gionee looks good and I checked they have many service centers across India, whereas Xolo haven't listed their service/support centers.
Now, honestly am more inclined to buy MMX or xolo brands just because of the specs they are offering; whereas HTC Desire V and Sony Tipo Dual are nothing in comparison to these specs wise. So, should I narrow down my choice to MMX canvas HD vs Xolo q800 vs Gionee Dream D1?? Or is there any other to be considered that's comparable to these?

Also, @tutysara .. Sony Xperia P is listed at almost 20k at flipkart, how could this ebay seller be selling it at 15k. Would these be refurbished ones? :confused:
XP is listed for < 15 k because they don't have manufacturers warranty as I said before. I called one of the sellers and they were telling those are imported items and doesn't have international warranty (haven't told about the country from which it was imported). Not sure whether it is refurbished.
Reg - Mlais MX56, I am not suggesting to buy it from china. Just bringing the point that both Wammy Y and 116 are the same hardware.

Hi @TE_cybertron.. can you please share your experience of the performance of xolo q800 phone. does it lags while playing games and hows the battery life. Also, hows the camera's picture and video quality? :)
I was quite busy past few days, so my review will be minimal here.
Battery life : Good ! (But this could be too early to review I guess)
Camera: Far better than I expected ! Can auto focus during video, Can record at 1080p. I am not a camera buff so I cannot comment further.
Game Speed: I have only played a bit of temple run and raging thunder. I haven't installed many games yet.

I suggest you check out flipkart reviews. BTW, the fact that "Xolo Q800 has the same hardware as Canvas HD and Xolo Q800 runs on QHD display and not HD" is just another reason for better performance. If you have already seen Canvas HD performance in terms of speed/FPS then Xolo Q800 can only be better !

@TE_cybertron Thanks for your review. On flipkart I'll believe on "certified buyer" reviews only. Most of them have liked the phone and played games without lags. Dual-sim feature is also without hassles and is usual. Low light photos are of bad quality, but overall camera performance is been said to good.
Hah! Now i've finalized on this, will see if next monday there's 5% off on flipkart or not, then will order :)
Thanks all for your views and inputs. :)

Back