Best custom 4.4.4 ROM for Redmi 1S

I think Kranthi had gone to the Hugo Barra conference in Bangalore, where he mentioned that both Mi3, and Redmi 1s will get Lollipop. So keeping fingers crossed :)
I seriously wonder why Xiaomi is reluctant to share the source-code. I think it would be beneficial for Xiaomi to skip Kitkat and divert resources to Lollipop.

Check Mired ROM (xda).

Thanks for the reco!

Didn't know XDA created a sub-forum for the RedMi. Wonder what will happen to it in case Xiaomi doesn't release kernel sources for this and other Mi family phones :D.

OTOH, I downloaded and installed MiRed ROM and with every passing minute of using this ROM, I am starting to realize that MIUI just doesn't cut it for me. I end up comparing it to AOSP all the time. Guess it is time to try out Mokee this time!

Thanks for the reco!

Didn't know XDA created a sub-forum for the RedMi. Wonder what will happen to it in case Xiaomi doesn't release kernel sources for this and other Mi family phones :D.

OTOH, I downloaded and installed MiRed ROM and with every passing minute of using this ROM, I am starting to realize that MIUI just doesn't cut it for me. I end up comparing it to AOSP all the time. Guess it is time to try out Mokee this time!

Mokee, Telsa, AOGP all are great roms with some errors but one can live with them. There is one major bug on AOGP 3G is not working but I personally liked it the most.

I have a strange issue with stock Miui v45. I am using both the sims (sim 1- MTNL; sim 2- Voda).But I am unable to use internet from sim 1(neither 2g nor 3g), but sim 2 works fine with 2g. Surprisingly, I have no issues whatsoever when I use Mokee rom. Has anybody faced this issue?

using mokee rom. has been stable one of the lot.
think they are two developers working simulataneously on the mokee roms.

The nightly ones are more stable and has less chinese bloatwares than the official release ones.
i prefer to check the nightly folder and choose one.
mokee ones do keep the redmi cool.

CM 11 was a favourite ones prior to switching to mokee but cm 11 has proximity sensor issues during call. whenever i am about to disconnect a call i see a lot of apps have opened up in the background which i had started to hate.

using the OPO modded music plugin and it seems better compared to the stock DSP manager of the CM.

Guys what instructions did you follow to flash Mokee Rom? A link and any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have to flash three phones -_-

using mokee rom. has been stable one of the lot.
think they are two developers working simulataneously on the mokee roms.

The nightly ones are more stable and has less chinese bloatwares than the official release ones.
i prefer to check the nightly folder and choose one.
mokee ones do keep the redmi cool.

CM 11 was a favourite ones prior to switching to mokee but cm 11 has proximity sensor issues during call. whenever i am about to disconnect a call i see a lot of apps have opened up in the background which i had started to hate.

using the OPO modded music plugin and it seems better compared to the stock DSP manager of the CM.
I agreed to that, using Mokee gives a fresh breeze of what your device is truly capable of.

Guys what instructions did you follow to flash Mokee Rom? A link and any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have to flash three phones -_-
Use TWRP to flash rom.
1. Select Clean Cache (TWRP would clean both Dalvik cache and data at one go)
2. Flash rom.
3. Flash gapps from mokee only else hardware buttons refuse to function. Check this thread here and download gapps from this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-1s/development/rom-mokee-opensource-mk44-4-release-t2911148
4. Reboot system.

I am assuming your device is rooted and you are aware of what you are doing.

Use TWRP to flash rom.
1. Select Clean Cache (TWRP would clean both Dalvik cache and data at one go)
2. Flash rom.
3. Flash gapps from mokee only else hardware buttons refuse to function. Check this thread here and download gapps from this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-1s/development/rom-mokee-opensource-mk44-4-release-t2911148
4. Reboot system.

I am assuming your device is rooted and you are aware of what you are doing.
Thanks. No its not rooted. And TWRP is not installed. I'd also like to backup anything that I might need later like the IMIE partition etc.

Got the phone today..was on miui v36....Installed twrp...
Flashed mokee new stable build 21/11 and gapps...surprised to see performance of this phone...let's see how this performs since its been only few hrs with this device.

Back