Best Broadband ISPs in Mumbai-Options

baksharp

Disciple
Hi TE users,
I am looking for a good Cable broadband isp in mumbai and wanted to see what you guys think before i end giving a call to airtel or tata etc.

Criteria:
- good internet speeds - for youtube videos, itunes, torrent downloads etc.
- good pricing structure
- Router needed (4+1) preferrable with 4 wired and 1 wireless access point built-in from the isp provider. is it advisable to buy this seperate or can i get it free from isp (i dont want to rent it!)
- and reliable service

Please advise on options.....

Thanks in advance,
baksharp.

sorry guys. u can tell, a newbie.
looked at the section discussions and off i went!.searched around for a boradband thread but must have missed it!.
Thanks,baksharp.

- good internet speeds - for youtube videos, itunes, torrent downloads etc.
'Tata at 512k unlm' or BSNL at '2mbps limited with 2am-8am free' is your 'Only' option. The rest just offer crappy 256kbps, not at all enough for any streaming site.

There's have been other small time and new ISP's in Mumbai which also give 512kbps unlm.

Criteria addition - Need the BEST at the Cheapest!...please keep in mind...

i know sometimes this can be a dream!...

But, hey, Dreams can come true too....

thanks for all the suggestions so far!...please keep them coming!.

Thanks,
baksharp.

Hathway is the best value for money... Hasnt given me any problems lately, but in the beginning they had problems!!... and they have unlimited as well as night plans as well day+night unlimited at 512Kbps!!

^no they dont....My local hathway doesn't have 24 hrs 512kbps unlm, or maybe its only out in Mumbai yet. You sure of the plan?

Also check out Neon Broadband, they are expensive, and its a new ISP. They also give 512k unlm.

^^ Your data transfer limit will get over very fast....wont even last 1 day if u get 2mpbs

So whatever u do get only and only an unlimited plan ....

Ambar said:
^^ Your data transfer limit will get over very fast....wont even last 1 day if u get 2mpbs

So whatever u do get only and only an unlimited plan ....

well isnt it better than the current sify plan ,day=150Mb and night unlimited @ 256 kbps for Rs 815 . Moreover sify service is poor...frequent disconnections and i get speeds below 10 kB/s between noon and evening :mad:

Params7 said:
I'd go with a 512kbps unlm if I were you. I'd hate beig chaned to a download limit specially if you like streaming stuff.

Well i only have Sify, YOU and Tata in my area. Tata is much costlier IMO , so that leaves YOU only :(

And I dont stream vids at all...just play online...2.5 GB should be enough for that eh?

another option : pacenet ... great isp

which area you from , you could enquire here :

Address :
7/B, Shah Industrial Estate, Off Veera Desai Road,
Andheri (W), Mumbai-400 053.
Phone : 5695 4516
Fax : 5695 4515

I have You telecom, you get pathetic speeds if only one download is happening (anything from 5 kbps to 25 kbps). Only if you use download accelerator and use super acceleration does the speed increase to abt 190 kbps or if you simultaneously use 5 - 6 downloads at a time. But with a download limit thats useless !

The 2.5 GB limit should last u a month easily unless you download stuff as well as game online.

TATA 512kbps unltd, shoud be the ideal choice for your requirements, i know its a bit costly, but if you want all of what you said, then its worth it

Back