Best Broadband in Jairaj, Borivali (W)

I have chromecast which works perfectly with my HDTV.

What is the resolution you watch stuff on ? Because youtube is a hit or miss depending on the ISP. There are cases where even if you have 4 Mbps etc plans in certain ISPs, your youtube will stutter. In YOU broadband and MTNL i have faced this.
And I completely forgot about chromecast. I don't have much details on how it works, have to read it on.
Just that if streaming works fine even at 1 Mbps then I will avoid getting the 2 Mbps plan and instead get 1 Mbps itself.

Last edited:
@honest1
Won't buy router from the netcom broadband folks. I tested my existing 54 Mbps tplink router and it is giving me very good signal in most areas of the house.
I think the earliest we can meet will be 02nd october. You should be having a leave on that day I believe.

Once I check stuff at your home, I will tell Hitesh to do the installation.

Hi... I realize I am posting in a thread that closed a while back but I would like to know how the experience with netcom was. I live in the same area in Borivali west.

That's good to know. I think some people have not had a good experience with them. I am looking desperately to get off Reliance , they have begun to suck big time. If I could impose, kindly tell me
1) Whether you are able to play youtube videos without buffering
and
2) Can you run more than one computer at a time satisfactorily.

I am assuming that you have a 1Mbps connection.

Thanks.

1.Yes, YouTube at 1080p works without buffering. At that time, the usage goes to 6 Mbps automatically.
2. Yes, all works smoothly. Unless someone is downloading torrents, I haven't noticed any slowdown.
I have now taken 2 mbps plan. You can take my reference while taking connection.

@bzn24

As I mentioned in PM, it did work but was sporadic. Youtube works excellent for sure and speeds jump to 5+ Mbps irrespective of what plan you are on. But that was not I wanted the broadband for. It has to work when it has to work. It is only my dad and brother who use at home and I don't want them to keep shouting netcom guy for making it work. Also with netcom our facetime calls would not work well, they would constantly see poor connection and such. It was super frustrating.

With MTNL everything works well now and I am not sure what speed my home has, it does work well. Facetime calls have absolutely no issues and poor quality etc.

Thanks to both you guys. I will give it a whirl but , as raksrules experience tells me, proceed with caution. Honest1 I may use your name as a recommendation for same. Would my old Belkin router suffice or should I go for whatever they provide (and charge for) ?

Does it work in the rains? when there are heavy rains? I hope it doesn't conk out like Tata Sky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowadays it works fine at all the time. Just may be for couple of days in a month there could be an issue.
It works in heavy rains too unlike tatasky.
Your belkin router will work. No need to take another one.

Wanted to update this thread. Currently in India for a marriage and will be staying for 3 weeks. But I had work from home planned as well and I was counting on my MTNL to serve me. We have the 2 Mbps till 8 GB and then 1 Mbps plan. But in the last 2 days I have been here, this Internet has be down more than it worked. I either have total internet down with only 2 lights on and other 2 off. Or even if it connected, I would only sometimes get like 1.5 Mbps or so else it was below 0.5Mbps. My dad also told it would be down frequently.

So I decided to again change my internet provider and with limited options I had, my neighbor who is using through some cable wallah types referred me to his guy. They have a switch put up in my building's terrace already. And my house had a wire running from my home to the terrace as we had done setup for the Netcom broadband before. So now I am hooked onto that other broadband and I will be able to give some review after few days of usage. Plan is 5 Mbps up and down for 800 per month no FUP.

Also he says Google and YouTube etc has local peering but need to check that. I am outside my home for 2-3 days so I am myself not using the Internet.

Good that we have a competitor! (I also reside in your vicinity now)
I am sticking to netcom as of now as its working fine for me except couple of times in a month. Further, they have reduced their prices a bit.
Now its similar to what the new person is charging to you.
Do give us the feedback.

Good that we have a competitor! (I also reside in your vicinity now)
I am sticking to netcom as of now as its working fine for me except couple of times in a month. Further, they have reduced their prices a bit.
Now its similar to what the new person is charging to you.
Do give us the feedback.

But as these people go, they bad mouth other operator and that's what this guy was also doing for the Netcom guys. He told me they steal tikona equipment and such and frankly I am inclined to believe him since the wireless receiver unit that Netcom guy put on my building's terrace did have the tikona logo which they had scratched out (maybe using some knife or screwdriver or something).

Lol, some days back netcom people told me that someone has stolen their devices!
Serves them right if they stole tikona in first place. Also that Hitesh Guy is actually always complaining saying he is trying to run a honest business and other operators cut their cable and such. I know this is prevalent everywhere. The other broadband guy told me they have sort of segregated their areas with another different broadband operator in Yoginagar itself. My neighbor's friend wanted this Internet and he told that guy and he responded that he cannot give in that society since that is where "other guy" gives and they do not cross areas / buildings.

Back