best broadband connection

I had Airtel for a couple of years before I moved: great service and reliability. Couldn't get their connection for my new home, so I went with BSNL broadband. After initial teething troubles traced to my own over-sensitive modem and a poor BSNL line, both of which were fixed, I must say BSNL has been pretty reliable for the last couple of months. The engineer at the nearby exchange was extremely helpful and, all in all, BSNL has become quite consumer friendly (except for the linesmen, who still try to pass the buck). Be patient and nice with them; your work will get done.

I have the unlimited 512kbps for Rs. 1350.

utkarsh.....hi man its notorrious...lol...right we spoke abt the same thing on hub too.....and tht u got urself tht new rig too....utk...

ok..then try mtnl...they got new unlijmi plan 999 rs 256kbps unlimi...

^ Jezus! for god's sake, don't go for MTNL Connection. :bleh: Frequent Disconnection due to ADSL blinking. I'm the worst affected with disconnections every 5-10 mins. MTNL tried everything to solve my problem, they even got their Top Office babus to look into my matter, but no respite! :mad:

I repeat, the worst ever.

Also, its better not to go for a Wired connection.

+1 for Wimax.

BTW, i hav 5Net. 22TB Rocks. :D

ankitmane said:
utkarsh.....hi man its notorrious...lol...right we spoke abt the same thing on hub too.....and tht u got urself tht new rig too....utk...

ok..then try mtnl...they got new unlijmi plan 999 rs 256kbps unlimi...

Hey lol yea im looking at that the issue is no hub and speed is upto 256 lol not 2mbs

Wi-Fi broadband connections are good for browsing and mild downloads. They are quite shitty for gaming or heavy downloading.

For gaming and dowloading, go for wired connections. No other option.

Also with MTNL ( I use) and BSNL things dont work over phone calls. You have to go to their office. But once there they eventually do solve most of your issues. They are not as bad as they seem (used) to be :) Infact they are pretty good and very helpful if you are liberal with your Sirs and Madams ..

^^^ If by wi-fi broadband services, you mean the wireless services offered by Reliance, TATA and others, I'll have to disagree. I've been using TATA Wi-Max for "heavy downloading" (>16 hours d/l using torrents) without problems.

Shade said:
^^^ If by wi-fi broadband services, you mean the wireless services offered by Reliance, TATA and others, I'll have to disagree. I've been using TATA Wi-Max for "heavy downloading" (>16 hours d/l using torrents) without problems.

And what about online gaming ???

Party Monger said:
Go for 5net..My bro has it in mumbai..doesnt download lesser that 4.5gb HD rips..@10-20MBps..
I so ****ing hate my bsnl connection now!:mad:

U dont get HD Rips of all the movies only those which the guy who is sharing it has if u have a 2mbs connection be happy u can download anything u want if u have a nu plan in one night which would take a customer on a 256 kbs connection 2 days if he keeps his pc on only for dowloading...

@ rutvijt...

i know the man...actually 2 men rock...

the movieman...and the adultman..... combined sharing of nearly 5 tbs...

and stuff ...almost updated everyday in their todays stuff section....man...think these guys r payed by 5net..whateva be the reason...i love 5net..

First I used Sify. Used to pay 1100 bucks for 256kbps unlimited. Pure Shit. never used to work properly. pathetic customer support.

Then moved to TATA Indicom wi-max. Used to pay 1122 bucks for 384kbps. Worked well for first month. Then had to struggle to get dynamic IP set for my PC.

Finally, Airtel laid lines in my locality and moved to Airtel. Ah, finally felt peaceful. No need to wait for ip address set, no need to login to ISP's page to get internet. 384kbps for 1100 bucks. Also got a landline phone.

So, my vote goes to Airtel.

Back