mannuel

Disciple
Hi friends I would like to buy a new bridge camera under 12k

I would like to use it for my family and also like to learn photography
so my options are

Fujifilim S2980 which is available locally 9300/-

Sony DSC H100 for 11700/-

Canon Powershot 150 IS for 9700/-

which should i buy which is the best of them.Because i would like to keep them for long time and also need to study photogrpahy?

Please replay to me ASAP

I have the Fuji S2980 - its awesome - great images/fully customizable in the manual mode/evf/good build quality/a lot of freebies (got mine from Croma in Aug 2012- 4gb card+carry bag+ micro fibre cleaning cloth+ envie 4x 2100 mah AA rechargeable batteries + envie charger + croma tripod) for 10499 with 2 yrs of warranty.

I bought a Fuji S2980 for my girlfriend from ebay and received it a couple of hours back. I opened it to check that everything was working, and took a few snaps to see if the camera was faulty. Everything seems to be in working order.
I got it for Rs. 8035 (+Rs.500 octroi) from ebay (using a 7% off coupon). It came with an SLR type carry case, envie 4x 2100 mah batteries + charger and a 4GB card.
The pics I took were decent, and the photos I took at 18x zoom were pretty good, considering how much my hand was shaking while I was taking them, and how dark it was.
The camera looks and feels really nice, and it's got plenty of options to play around with. The only thing negative that I can say about it so far is that the LCD screen doesn't have the highest resolution. It's not terrible, but I'd have liked it if they'd have packed in a few more pixels.

btw...the Nikon L310 is available for ~9300 on ebay, so you could consider that too.

I got my fuji when it was just released - it wasn't listed on ebay then.I found the image quality to be better than the nikon l310 and the canon/samsung wb 310(not sure of the model of the samsung). If you can find fuji s3300 get that - that's a good camera as well. If you can extend your budget by a bit more, get the panasonic fz lumix (the best bridge cameras ever)

Thank you friends for all your suggestions

Now i am confused between finepix s3300 which can be obtained from eBay for 10.5k and sx 160 is from local market for 11.8k

which one should i choose i want VFM camera between those two and when i inquired about why local shop doesn't sell fuji camera they said bcoz it is not reliable and warranty claims and after sales service is pathetic

Is it like that i really like the fuji ones bcoz of its looks and functionality please help me

Fuji is better than the other options. Check out the reviews online. Below 18k i.e the only good bridge camera options are from Fuji and @ 16-22k Panasonic I believe has the best bridge cameras.

Get it from Croma if your local dealer says warranty is an issue. Fuji has decent after sales support in India.

Back