Best Android For the Money

Hi Everybody,
First I thought of starting this thread to post only about the newly released Micromax A70 and recommending everybody to take a look at it, before they proceed with their decision.
But then, the Micromax A70 is not the ONLY device that's so AWESOME for it's price. There are a lot of such devices out there, which is a steal for it's price. So before starting a new thread on which mobile to buy, check these mobiles. Google them for reviews and then start a thread here and ask for user opinions on your shortlisted devices.
So here goes MY list of (this list is strictly IMHO and varies to each person, may be)
Best Android Mobile For The Money
*the prices of the mobiles may differ anytime and so do the list
*only the best prices from letsbuy & flipkart are considered, you might get it cheaper from other places like TE's GO, ebay etc., :)

From 0,000 INR - 14,198 INR
-> Micromax A70 (6,549 @ Letsbuy after discount, 7,549 without discount)

From 14,199 INR - 18,798 INR
-> Motorola Defy (14,199 @ Letsbuy after discount, 15,399 without discount) [Shipped with Jabra BT 2045 bluetooth headset*]

From 18,799 INR - 29,989
-> Google Nexus S (18,799 @ LB after discount / 19,999 without discount)
-> Samsung Galaxy S (19,799 @LB after discount / 20,999 without discount)

Beyond 30,989 INR
-> Samsung Galaxy S II (if you've come this far, why worry about the price? be proud to own the flagship of entire Android Race)

Worth Mentioning:
HTC Wildfire S (12,099 @LB after discount)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (12,700 @Letsbuy after discount, 13,900 without discount)
Spice Mi-410 (12,999 @ Saholic after discount, else 13,999 without discount) [Phone having lot of issues, possibly H/W]
Samsung Galaxy SL (18,699@LB after discount)
HTC Desire S (18,299 @LB after discount)
L.G Optimus 2X (24,299 @LB after discount)
HTC Sensation ( 28,599@LB after discount)

* - Oh!, Now I get it! Since DEFY has a higher SAR value, I guess, LB is concerned over its sales and is shipping free bluetooth headset along with phone. BTW, those who are decided on DEFY, do not be concerned on SAR Value. Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) For Cell Phones: What It Means For You | FCC.gov . So basically all phones in market are good to go

Attachments

• and-mob.jpg
    and-mob.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 144
^ - after posting this thread, I thought of creating another dedicated thread @ "Mobile Phones" section. But then, I wouldn't be visiting it after creating. So, I just created a thread on "got released" thingy.
BTW, atleast 256 MB RAM? are you kidding? if a phone doesn't run CyanogenMod Rom, then 512MB is very basic and is essential to run smoothly and make use of that phone as a smartphone.

^ - i thought of adding it, it does have that extra RAM, but with a jaw dropping s-amoled 4" screen and a better 5mp camera, isn't SGS easily a better choice? Anyway, adding it, as some might prefer that extra RAM and a LED flash. They've got t know about this phone :)
thanks for the info

DarkAngel said:
Cool pricing on A70. Hope it has at least 256MB RAM. Dedicated thread for A70 was created long back. http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/micromax-a70-rumored-189002.html

You can get higher discount of till 3k from letsbuy(10% cashback offer).
how to get 10% cashback ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

detailed specs with RAM, ROM, Memory of A70 ?

Dude, you are adding more to my confusion.....:S

emmarbee said:
Hi Everybody,
First I thought of starting this thread to post only about the newly released Micromax A70 and recommending everybody to take a look at it, before they proceed with their decision.
But then, the Micromax A70 is not the ONLY device that's so AWESOME for it's price. There are a lot of such devices out there, which is a steal for it's price. So before starting a new thread on which mobile to buy, check these mobiles. Google them for reviews and then start a thread here and ask for user opinions on your shortlisted devices.
So here goes MY list of (this list is strictly IMHO and varies to each person, may be)
Best Android Mobile For The Money
*the prices of the mobiles may differ anytime and so do the list
*only the best prices from letsbuy & flipkart are considered, you might get it cheaper from other places like TE's GO, ebay etc., :)

From 0,000 INR - 13,998 INR
-> Micromax A70 (8K @ flipkart. If listed in letsbuy, it can be bought for 7K)

From 13,999 INR - 19,998 INR
-> Spice Mi-410 (12,999 @ Saholic after discount, else 13,999 without discount)
-> Motorola Defy (14,599 @ Letsbuy after discount, 15,799 without discount)

From 19,999 INR - 30,498
-> Samsung Galaxy S (21,700 @LB after discount / 22,900 without discount)

Beyond 30,498 INR
-> Samsung Galaxy S II (if you've come this far, why worry about the price? be proud to own the flagship of entire Android Race)

Worth Mentioning:
HTC Wildfire S (12,299 @LB after discount)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (13,900 @flipkart)
HTC Desire (15,499 @saholic)
Samsung Galaxy SL (18,699@LB after discount)
HTC Desire S (18,299 @LB after discount)
L.G Optimus 2X (24,299 @LB after discount)
HTC Sensation ( 29,299@LB after discount)

Need a mobile in 15K.....
Even thought of spending 20K for nexus S, but no FM and gorilla glass
after spending so much money, we can not even get a gooooood phone in 20K with all the features.....damn these developers........:mad:

So much money? When I bought my sgs I was willing to spend around 30k, but still couldn't find a perfect phone with everything in it. At that time gorilla glass was not considered as a feature and heck I didn't even knew the phone has gorilla glass and power CR sgx 540.... even the sgs had few disadvantages ... led flash and design. But now that isn't the case. At least, there is a perfect phone that money can buy.

so what can I buy to have :

gorilla glass

android updates for 1-2 years

Front Cam

Gud Multimedia capability

emmarbee said:
Hi Everybody,

From 19,999 INR - 30,498

-> Samsung Galaxy S (21,700 @LB after discount / 22,900 without discount)

I wonder if Galaxy S is still way better than Nexus S :

* Super Amoled

* Gorilla Glass

* Same hardware as Nexus S

* 720p recording

* FM radio

Can anybody compare the build quality !!!!

@werewolf - get sgs if you are okay with jus the next update but not beyond that. Else go for sgs2, if you want around 2 yrs update... Btw, build quality of sgs is superb. Like I've mentioned many times in this forum, I've dropped my mobile more than ten times, but still it looks brand new.... Except for the smudges in the back of the cover. You can't avoid that...

I think Samsung Galaxy Fit also get room in Best Android Phone Price

Its great that Spice Mi-410 is available for 12,999 @ Saholic after discount

Good job emmarbee. This thread will be useful for prospective buyers who wants to buy an Android handset. You are right, nowadays there is Android phone for any price range giving us options. I guess competition is getting fiercer. That is the one of the main reasons, Why I love android to death over apple. Options Options and more Options.....

Please can anyone help me in buying a android phone
Budget - Rs. 10k
Main Requirement - Music, Good Camera, Nice Screen for watching videos.
Brand Prefrence mainly Samsung because of Service centes.
Brand not Prefered - Dell

How about Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 for 9,999? Good Android phone with 600 mhz processor, 5 MP camera and has capacitive touchscreen with 65k screen colors. Seems to have decent music player.

Other options - Spice Mi-310 (6599 rs), LG Optimus One (9530 rs)

Back