Benq 22" LCD Monitor vs Samsung 22" LCD TV for Desktop PC

thogaibalu

Disciple
Hi,

I know this topic has been discussed over and over again. But I'm looking for specific recommendation between these two items and also general advice on LCD TV vs LCD Monitor for PC:

Benq G2220HD vs Samsung 22B450

Background: I'm planning to upgrade my 15" LCD monitor. I've a pretty old desktop config with GeForce 6xxx series AGP Graphics card. Most usage is for watching movies and general browsing.

My budget is very flexible. Please also suggest if there are other options.

Regards,

Bala

BenQ products are not good at all. Go for Samsung eyes closed. In monitor segment Samsung is #1 (#1 in LCD TV as well IMO, Sony is overpriced yet equal-performer)

Any solid reasons for all the BenQ hate? From what I've heard, BenQ makes as good displays as anyone while Samsung is infamous for heavy backlight bleeding.

saumilsingh said:
Any solid reasons for all the BenQ hate? From what I've heard, BenQ makes as good displays as anyone while Samsung is infamous for heavy backlight bleeding.
+1. Thats what ive heard and seen. 2233SW had heavy back light bleeding, and g2220 HD was lot better in any aspect.

saumilsingh said:
That's a model-specific thing you are talking about. Research a bit on the Internet & you'll know that Samsung is way, way, way ahead of BenQ in terms of quality & performance. BenQ is a short-run performer while Samsung is a long-run- performer. Anyone saying otherwise haven't used many products of various make. I have used various & i talk not only from personal exp but also from what i learnt from people & Internet.

I am not a BenQ hater, I believe in equal opportunity for all makers but I also know the difference between a classy product & a class-less product.

Also. all those who are suggesting BenQ to you are BenQ users. People tend to do that, when they have certain Brand's commodity they suggest the same even if it's not as good as it is said to be. I have Dell 20" & Samsung 19" LCD (& Sony 46" LCD TV).

dOm1naTOr said:
+1. Thats what ive heard and seen. 2233SW had heavy back light bleeding, and g2220 HD was lot better in any aspect.
I can see you have a BenQ; no wonder you are suggesting the same.

If I were to put the brand fanboyism aside for a second,

22" HD monitor = 1920x1080

22" TV = 1366x768

You decide, I would pick the monitor for its almost 2x real estate and the fact you can actually sit directly in front of it without the icons looking like oversized cartoons.

buddingwhizkid said:
well 1 of my friend has b2230 by samsung and another has benq g2200hd and i have aoc 2236vw !

according to me the samsung>the aoc > the benq ! :)
were you checking the outer bezel or the PQ ?

the samsung one sure, looks better, but the PQ goes to the g2220 hd, when compared with 2233sw. Go, check some reviews first.

im not doing a comparison of benq vs samsung, but those two specific models.

aercy said:
I can see you have a BenQ; no wonder you are suggesting the same.
I got the g2220HD after closely checking a 2233sw. I was impressed by its looks first, but a 1:1 comparison in PQ, the g2220 hd was ahead, with almost no backlight bleeding compared to the 2233.

Well, Samsung, Dell, AOC are the top 3 LCD panel makers right now. You may consider ACER as well but am not aware of it's performance but I can tell you one thing it will surely be better than BenQ :D

I have seen Benq G2220HD, Samsung 22B450 and i am not impressed with either of them. (for eg: in movies the difference betwen dark grey and black is impossible to distinguish, narrow viwing angles etc.....)
Go for a SIPS panel if u can afford.

If u are on budget go for BENQ 24" G2420 @ arnd 11k...http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/benq-g2420-quick-review-150074.html
I have a the same BENQ 24" and it looks dull compared to my 17" CRT.....

PS: Dont go by brand, chk out the reviews of the specific model bfr u buy.

cranky said:
If I were to put the brand fanboyism aside for a second,

22" HD monitor = 1920x1080

22" TV = 1366x768

You decide, I would pick the monitor for its almost 2x real estate and the fact you can actually sit directly in front of it without the icons looking like oversized cartoons.
What he said makes more sense than all the thread replies put together...

Get a samsung monitor or a fullHD tv if ur bent upon samsung..

Back