Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

Hi Guys !!

I have bought the game key and now started downloading the BF4 game through origin client.
Its 24.5gb in size and its downloading very slow i.e. @ 1mbps to 2mbps only....

Can you plz tell me how it can be raised since I have 10 mbps connection?
Other downloads are happening @ 900 kBps to 1.2 mBps ~ usual download speed in 10 mbps connection.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me about the servers and ping? Do we have any dedicated server in India?
A bit worried that I might lag in my FUP'd net. In worst case scenario would a 256kbps do?

Can someone tell me about the servers and ping? Do we have any dedicated server in India?
A bit worried that I might lag in my FUP'd net. In worst case scenario would a 256kbps do?

Which ISP? I'm on airtel. Ping is pretty good. There are always enough servers with <100ms ping. Your bandwidth is pretty low, but AFAIK bandwidth doesn't actually matter much if your ping is ok. I've played at 512kbps post FUP, it played fine.

Which ISP? I'm on airtel. Ping is pretty good. There are always enough servers with <100ms ping. Your bandwidth is pretty low, but AFAIK bandwidth doesn't actually matter much if your ping is ok. I've played at 512kbps post FUP, it played fine.
Tikona. My bandwidth is actually 2mbps and I can play other games smoothly. But thats my primary speed, I'm taking secondary speed into account here.
I often get disconnected. Will I be able to rejoin the game if I get disconnected?
And does copy/paste installation like steam games work with BF4 as well? Copy game folder/paste, update on Origin, play?
I have only 50GB FUP and can't even imagine what would happen if I download freaking huge games like BF4, MW3 etc.

Tikona. My bandwidth is actually 2mbps and I can play other games smoothly. But thats my primary speed, I'm taking secondary speed into account here.
I often get disconnected. Will I be able to rejoin the game if I get disconnected?
And does copy/paste installation like steam games work with BF4 as well? Copy game folder/paste, update on Origin, play?
I have only 50GB FUP and can't even imagine what would happen if I download freaking huge games like BF4, MW3 etc.

You'll be able to reconnect but you'll lose your score and matches can get pretty long. Yes, copy paste works on Origin but won't you have to download it in the first place?

The game updates pretty often and the updates are hefty. Last week there was a game update for 800mb and there was that Naval Assault DLC which was 4.6 GB. DLCs are optional of course.

You'll be able to reconnect but you'll lose your score and matches can get pretty long.
Losing the scores? I'll hate this.
Yes, copy paste works on Origin but won't you have to download it in the first place?
No, if copy/paste works fine then I'll just let Origin detect the already existing files and update it. I have a bunch of games on steam but don't play them mainly because of downloading issues.
The game updates pretty often and the updates are hefty. Last week there was a game update for 800mb and there was that Naval Assault DLC which was 4.6 GB. DLCs are optional of course.
4.6GB DLC great! I don't want to play it anymore. -__-
What's the gameplay hours of the game? I never liked DLC's tbh. esp. for games published by EA. Easy-money making policy for them, no?

Campaign is very short < 10hrs and it's pretty bad TBH. If you're buying for single player COD might be the better choice. Also DLCs only contain multiplayer maps so they won't be worth anything if you don't play online.

On the other hand multiplayer is awesome fun, most of the issues which were there before are fixed now.

i am getting a 2nd hand BF4 copy for PS3 at 17oo. is the price good?
Depends. Find out how old it is or if it is really a second hand (see if he says anything about the bill or anything similar to that. I know it is pointless but just observe how he is responding. You will know).
If everything is okay then I think the price is good. (You may know now Ea games are too costly even the pc version.)Otherwise Rs 1550 would be more appropriate (especially if its purchased last year or early this year).

Last edited:
Back