Audio Bass earphones under Rs 1000

Insomnia

Recruit
Hi guys,

Ive decided to cut short my budget to 1k for IEM from 3k, so it all comes down to these:

1. Sony MDR-EX35LP
2. Creative EP-630
3. Soundmagic PL-30

I like deep bass, what would you prefer?

You might want to take PL-30 off from the list bcoz it can hardly be termed as bassy :D

Personally, i would recommend everyone to stayaway from sony earphones as i have spent thousands on them before coming to TE and none of it lasted for more than six months for me... :'(

EP-630 is nice, but muddy bass!

Check out PL-21, Its pretty nice :)

^^ dude , you got any reviews of brainwavs alpha? i paid for one of those last week.. for 7$, it cant go wrong ,but dint find any reviews at TE

I'll save you a visit to my blog post. Here's what I thought of them --

Alpha takes a departure from IEMs in this price range, which generally tend to be all about bass and nothing else. With Alpha, it is mostly about mids. It has decent clarity for a $15 IEM, but won't be competing against better IEMs for sure. The bass has comparable mid-bass quantity and a bit more extension than the ProAlphas, but sounds slightly muddy in comparison. Mids are the most dominant aspect of the IEMs, but they are not as forward or engaging as the others in the M series. Rather, they are thick and a bit sleepy. Treble is thick with cymbals/Hi-Hats sounding very congested and does not carry much air, but has some amount of sparkle.

Sound stage is smaller and easily loses in both width and depth compared to the Pro Alphas.These are decent sounding IEMs, but with not much detail or speed to go with it. Put in another way, these deliver good sound for the price and are even good for casual listening, but expecting more than that would be an exercise in vain.

Under 1000/- best go for the SoundMAGIC PL-21 decent sounding phones with punchy bass, gifted to a friend and comparing to my current PL-30's the PL-21 wallows in bass.

My soundmagic PL11 are going bust, sounds sometime comes from both buds, sometimes from only one and such. So now i too am in the field to get a new one. What is the best bet for me ? Dont want to go for PL11 again and preferably not soundmagic too. Want to try something else.

@esanthosh Thanks man.. so i have a good deal for 7$ :D now just have to wait for a month for it to arrive !

@raksrules What budget???

under 1000 a proper upgrade for pl-11 would be difficult i think!

but if you dont want it immediately, you can pre order Brainwavs alpha for 9.5$ which wont be as bassy as the pl-11( i haven't heard it personally, only read reviews)

^^But that thing from mp4nation will come very late and hence order the JVC Marshmallows. Lets see how they are. Off late music listening has taken a back seat and only occasional radio and watching Videos on my PMP.

Back