Budget 31-40k Basic reliable Windows Laptop for office, web browsing use

raksrules

Elite
I am looking to buy a basic windows based laptop for home use. I already own a macbook air M1 but my kid has computer related subject which he needs to practice on a windows machine and he cannot work with same apps on macbook primarily due to keyboard having Command and such buttons, and obviously confuses him.
Our laptop usage at home is on need basis for casual browsing only sometimes and absolutely no gaming. Office applications will be used as I feel my kid will need that in future too.

Please suggest me a laptop I can put in my wishlist and on what website this sale period.
I want to make sure there is decent RAM and SSD, should support 5Ghz wifi.

Also, it should not be heavy, minimum 14-15 inch screen and no less. Bigger the better and I would love to get LG Gram 17 but then it is expensive for my use.
I don't really understand i3, i5 and which gen is good and all.

edit: I have tried using parallels on my macbook to install windows but since it is M1, only ARM versions are supported and still with windows, I cannot change physical keyboard on laptop, hence need actual windows laptop.

Budget? Just fill this form: https://techenclave.com/threads/basic-questionnaire-for-laptop-recommendations.18521/

Assuming ~40k budget, you might be able to get HP 14s with R5 5500U. 16GB & 512GB SSD. There are other similarly spec'd laptops as well, just look out for TN panels & avoid them.

This is one of the rare 15.6" laptops at this price with an IPS panel, 2x RAM slots & 2x M.2 slots. Great deal for sure but wait till 7 Oct for amazon/FK deals.

Personally I would go for (and have gone for) a used corporate model off OLX. You'll get thin, light, great build quality, repairability, parts availability etc for 20-30k. An hp elitebook 840 g6 would be a great fit for your requirements. Magnesium/aluminium chassis, slim build etc

Personally I would go for (and have gone for) a used corporate model off OLX. You'll get thin, light, great build quality, repairability, parts availability etc for 20-30k. An hp elitebook 840 g6 would be a great fit for your requirements. Magnesium/aluminium chassis, slim build etc

Can you tell me some models because when you say "corporate model", I guess the ones usually IT companies get for employees. I know of Thinkpad, Dell latitude and such.
But I don't know what brands and what exact models to consider.
Budget? Just fill this form: https://techenclave.com/threads/basic-questionnaire-for-laptop-recommendations.18521/

Assuming ~40k budget, you might be able to get HP 14s with R5 5500U. 16GB & 512GB SSD. There are other similarly spec'd laptops as well, just look out for TN panels & avoid them.

This is one of the rare 15.6" laptops at this price with an IPS panel, 2x RAM slots & 2x M.2 slots. Great deal for sure but wait till 7 Oct for amazon/FK deals.
The acer one definitely looks definitely promising and very nice specs and for it seems it has all, backlit keyboard, decent RAM and SSD, IPS display. Have wishlisted in amazon, let us see if price comes down.

Can you tell me some models because when you say "corporate model", I guess the ones usually IT companies get for employees. I know of Thinkpad, Dell latitude and such.
But I don't know what brands and what exact models to consider.
The usual suspects are ThinkPad T480 series, dell latitude 7xxx series and hp elitebook/ProBooks. The thinkpads are fugly for home use, and the dells only slightly less. The ProBooks are semi plastic, so recommended the elitebook range. Zbook should also be ok. Look for something with an 8th/9th gen cpu or later. Just search on OLX/fb classifieds you'll get plenty of options.
You'll see them on Amazon and some other sites with better pricing, but all of them have only seller warranty, so better to buy locally even if it's at a premium. Also you can inspect, test, upgrade hardware etc with a local seller.

Back