Budget 21-30k Basic Office PC i3 or equivalent

prime

Skilled
Hi guys,

A basic office PC (i3 or equivalent) needed.

1. What is your budget?
    • 25-30K (excluding Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, UPS, SSD)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i3-12100 (or equivalent)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (Asus/Gigabyte) with a NVMe slot (preferably 2 NVMe slots but not must)
    • RAM - 8GB/16GB
    • GPU - None
    • PSU - Corsair CV450 ?
    • Case - A good small form factor case
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Offline (Delhi)
  6. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • MS Office
    • 12-14 hours/day operation
    • Watching HD movies
    • NO GAMING
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Motherboard brand preference is Asus, Gigabyte in that order.
  9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop 1920 x 1080
  10. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  11. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

Last edited:
Do you reely need that M.2 NVMe drive? You can get a 250GB M.2 or 1TB Sata HDD, your choice. You can start from here https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/8b6f6348-ed70-4b5c-a5d2-9b4ae6c5d4d2

Total goes up to 31K~ if you want 16GB ram. I have 17 tabs in firefox ,Discord and Spotify in background, the RAM usage is just above 8GB.
Since there aren't any heat sinks on the VRMs on Asus H610 board it is enough for i3 12100 but nothing more.
You can try those windows 10 OEM keys for 200Rs or umm.. you know.

Do you reely need that M.2 NVMe drive? You can get a 250GB M.2 or 1TB Sata HDD, your choice. You can start from here https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/8b6f6348-ed70-4b5c-a5d2-9b4ae6c5d4d2

Total goes up to 31K~ if you want 16GB ram. I have 17 tabs in firefox ,Discord and Spotify in background, the RAM usage is just above 8GB.
Since there aren't any heat sinks on the VRMs on Asus H610 board it is enough for i3 12100 but nothing more.
You can try those windows 10 OEM keys for 200Rs or umm.. you know.
Thanks for the valuable suggestions.

I will need INTEL CORE I3-12100 and not "F" since I am not installing a graphics card. Right?

Everything else looks fine.

Thanks for the valuable suggestions.

I will need INTEL CORE I3-12100 and not "F" since I am not installing a graphics card. Right?

Everything else looks fine.
Yes, you need a iGPU or dGPU for a display out. Since you aren't going for a dedicated GPU, you'll need the non-F intel processor with the igpu. Sorry about that.

Yes, you need a iGPU or dGPU for a display out. Since you aren't going for a dedicated GPU, you'll need the non-F intel processor with the igpu. Sorry about that.
How does this look? Any changes? Are all these components compatible with each other?

Is Vedant Computer safe place to buy online? Planning to buy Motherboard, processor and NVMe from them since their prices are better than others.

How does this look? Any changes? Are all these components compatible with each other?

Is Vedant Computer safe place to buy online? Planning to buy Motherboard, processor and NVMe from them since their prices are better than others.
Looks good.There's a website that helps you check pc parts compatibility.

Just one thing, You need to get 2x4GB ram sticks to fully utlize dual channel memory capabilities of your MoBo so that your NVMe investment pays off.

For your budget, Crucial and G.Skill are good brands to consider for the ram.

Haven't bought anything from vedant, but all the retailers on pcpricetracker are legit and they have a offline store. Check some reviews for their offline store on google maps.

This actually looks pretty decent, if you can go for this budget-wise. 12th gen i3 will last you long time for your usage.

If you're not going to be gaming, then you really don't need dual channel RAM. The difference is pretty negligible outside of gaming workloads. Buying a single module will save money and leave room for easy upgrade in future.

For cabinet, you can take a look at Deepcool Matrexx 40 as well, in case you want options.

Based on your usage, I don't see a need for 500 GB SSD. If you want to store movies on your PC, I'd recommend getting a 250 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD, which will give you far more capacity. But if you know your requirements, then it's fine.

If you're not going to be gaming, then you really don't need dual channel RAM. The difference is pretty negligible outside of gaming workloads. Buying a single module will save money and leave room for easy upgrade in future.
Correct me If I'm wrong, dual channel ram config significantly impacts Windows and application load times, right?

Edit: I thought there would be a 40% difference in load times. BUT I'm mistaken, it's 3% i guess. Good to know that now.

Last edited:
Correct me If I'm wrong, dual channel ram config significantly impacts Windows and application load times, right?

Edit: I thought there would be a 40% difference in load times.
For browsers/office applications/photos and videos, the usual load time for me is "a blink of an eye" even on my non dual channel laptop and even with a SATA SSD. So even a significant difference is going to be insignificant. Boot time is 10-15 seconds at worst. Not something that is going to matter a lot. And if it does, just don't shut down your computer, put it to sleep and forget.

Unless you're gaming or at least using applications like photoshop, which can use up a lot of RAM while editing 24 MP photos, the difference will never matter.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion and it is a very good suggestion.

However, I have used Asus (or Gigabyte) motherboards all my life and have a personal bias towards these brands. So, I will pay a bit more for my "chull". :cool:
How about this mobo

Back