Audio Audiophile and gears

I have tried the Fiio and not the Amazon one. So cannot compare.
The Fiio is an improvement over the TV sound.
Dont expect a huge difference. Its made to a price point. For a significant boost in audio quality, you will need to spend 3k to 5k more than the Fiio.

Thanks, but I think I didn't mention, I am looking for something that comes with all fittings with top bottom plates, knobs, plugs etc so that I don't need to find casing etc.

So. Thing like this
Okay so couldn't find any reliable source with enough variety for the class d amp boards at a budget, for me apart from the site from which I had purchased my earlier board..(didn't want to go for AIYIMA or fosi for obvious reasons)

The story for the search goes like this
My earlier board got shorted due to my ignorance or mishandling, that was 3 days back... So I had to get an amp no matter what... Tried searching online and found a few hugely over priced options at Amazon and flipkart.... Which were not what I was searching for... Then asked you guys two posts above... But couldn't get much help apart from robu.in recommendation...

So today I took out time to savour the delicacies of old Delhi, chandni chowk and visited LAJPAT RAI MARKET,
unfortunately apart from a couple of boards (which weren't the ones I wanted in terms of specs) I couldn't find none (tbh far far far less variety than online which was a huge surprise) that too at just a couple of shops out of the hundreds there..

Hence I have again placed an order of 2 class d boards from the same old source online...
50wx2 board
And
100wx2 board...

Will update...

After a long time, I think I have finally found gear where I dont feel the need to EQ. Through every audio source, Im liking it
Hiby FC4 dac amp and Sennheiser HD-650 balanced.
I just need to find a slightly bass heavy headphone natural sound without eq to satisfy my bass requirements which the hd-650 lacks but not by much.
Then my journey will be over hopefully :D

I just need to find a slightly bass heavy headphone natural sound without eq to satisfy my bass requirements which the hd-650 lacks but not by much.
I had a HD6XX before that i was using with Little Dot tube amplifier. People say 6xx is very similar to 650. But when i heard the newer 650 it was little bright tuned than my 6xx. My 6xx with tube amp was very warm and easy to listen to. I liked it but like you said wished for a little more bass. Also the bass felt like boxy.
Have you had any experience with older and newer versions of 650?

Do you consider your 650 with hiby as a warm and non fatiguing sound?

I had a HD6XX before that i was using with Little Dot tube amplifier. People say 6xx is very similar to 650. But when i heard the newer 650 it was little bright tuned than my 6xx. My 6xx with tube amp was very warm and easy to listen to. I liked it but like you said wished for a little more bass. Also the bass felt like boxy.
Have you had any experience with older and newer versions of 650?

Do you consider your 650 with hiby as a warm and non fatiguing sound?
Absolutely not fatiguing. Its not too bright, just the way the headphone sound.
I have an older HD 650, not the new one for the same brightness reason. I went for the older one.
I have a TA-26 tube amp with topping e-30 for destktop long sessions but I am preferring the Hiby usb dac more thesedays

I loved the 6XX with tubes, i liked the sound signature even more with noobsound tda dac but the details were not there.

After a long time, I think I have finally found gear where I dont feel the need to EQ. Through every audio source, Im liking it
Hiby FC4 dac amp and Sennheiser HD-650 balanced.
Then my journey will be over hopefully :D
did you get it from amazon or other site?

I have a question, are people still using daps here in today's day and age? And if yes which one is your dap of choice?

I still Love my rockboxed sansa clip ( and few other offline players I have like m6 a-55 etc) , but now I want something that can stream as well.

One way would be just to get a cheap phone root it and just keep music apps, but I want something with better sq and more portable in size.

Any suggestions?

I have a question, are people still using daps here in today's day and age? And if yes which one is your dap of choice?

I still Love my rockboxed sansa clip ( and few other offline players I have like m6 a-55 etc) , but now I want something that can stream as well.

One way would be just to get a cheap phone root it and just keep music apps, but I want something with better sq and more portable in size.

Any suggestions?
I thought you already got NW-WMA1M2 DAP via import.. isn't it?

I thought you already got NW-WMA1M2 DAP via import.. isn't it?
Yeah I had that and also a-105 but sold both of them, a-105 on te itself and Friend really wanted the nw so sold to him. Also I figured I was still using offline players more anyway this time I don't want to overspend just to able to stream once in a while.

Ideally I would probably get an old small form factor phone ( any suggestions? ) and root it but not sure atm, if I can find a cheap decent alternative dap why not .

Also m6 can do spotify so for now it's fine but it struggles with apple Music etc as it's extremely dated hardware.

Hiby R3 Gen 2 - Not Streaming - IEM Friendly.
NW-A306 - IEM Friendly.
Hmm I dont use iems , grados at home , monks for workout.

As much as i would like a-306 ( basically a-105 which i owned with better battery and upgraded os ) , I dont see the point of paying twice or thrice of a normal smartphone anymore.

only thing i like is the compact form factor of these daps , instead of the bricks that the modern smartphones are.

If I had money to burn maybe I would have got a-306 or an ibasso as they have dual boot with pure music mode but looking for something budget as I don't think with streaming sq matters that much.

Hmm I dont use iems , grados at home , monks for workout.

As much as i would like a-306 ( basically a-105 which i owned with better battery and upgraded os ) , I dont see the point of paying twice or thrice of a normal smartphone anymore.

only thing i like is the compact form factor of these daps , instead of the bricks that the modern smartphones are.

If I had money to burn maybe I would have got a-306 or an ibasso as they have dual boot with pure music mode but looking for something budget as I don't think with streaming sq matters that much.
I dont think there are any daps for cheap with full fledged streaming capability. Activo ct10, r3 pro etc will provide that sideload streaming kind of service, small form factor also. I think its best to stick with used v30, v40 or something like that.

Also i have seen that lower end ibasso android dap in used market for as low as 9k. Then there are older fiio daps like x5. but these will be bulky and laggy. I think sony a106 is also not so great to use daily.

thanks , where do I look for used ibassos ? olx or preloved ?
I have seen ibasso for 9k in preloved. You can guess the condition. In olx there are few daps for sale also like hiby r3 pro. AK activo ct10 was released for less than 10k if iam remembering correctly, so used one will be even less priced.

I think even the ibasso is not worth for the money sq wise.

I have seen ibasso for 9k in preloved. You can guess the condition. In olx there are few daps for sale also like hiby r3 pro. AK activo ct10 was released for less than 10k if iam remembering correctly, so used one will be even less priced.

I think even the ibasso is not worth for the money sq wise.
Hmm I agree and from what I understand ct10 is Also too dated a hardware to run streaming now , I will check olx but if nothing else ill just keep rolling with m6. Its sad though none of the companies release them small sized affordable daps anymore like m6 activo10 etc its all full sized android daps which cost a bomb.

Hmm I agree and from what I understand ct10 is Also too dated a hardware to run streaming now , I will check olx but if nothing else ill just keep rolling with m6. Its sad though none of the companies release them small sized affordable daps anymore like m6 activo10 etc its all full sized android daps which cost a bomb.
They can. They dont want to. You know how audiophilia is now a days.
A 7000rupee phone is much better to use than these so called midrange daps ui.

I hope the sansa that you bought from me is serving you well and those sideloading daps or phones like LG V20, LGV30, LGV40, mi k20pro, mi A1, etc are your best option. I think a dongle and phone gives much better value than these lower range daps if you can manage the bulk. Some microbrand daps or older daps are their with good sq but no streaming.

Last edited:
Alright I'm sleepy so I'll just do a terrible quick review

Got the blons from headphonezone within a day (chennai to bangalore)

Immediate expressions :-
Cable : - You guys weren't joking about the cable being cheap, it is worse than my KZ Zsn stock ones but it is still usable imo, however I was surprised by how hard I would have to push them into the connector for it to fit snugly after I realise they were dangling loose after seeing pics from headfi. Bloody dropped the right unit on the floor and was so worried I already broke them but nah build quality is really good.
Eartips :- Dogshit lmao, thankfully the kz stock tips that I bought from a year ago fit me well and fit these ones well too so got a good fit, tried these on with the stock L size and jeez it sounded bad

Sound :- I'm honestly not too good at saying "AH THE HIGHS ARE RIGHT THERE" or the vocals are "FORWARD MOVING". I feel like I understand what these terms mean by other reviewers but at the same time I absolutely don't so I'll just use layman terms here

Bass :- It is not boomy as I thought it would be like my age old byrons, listening to blind-korn, that thump was missing that I remember hearing pretty well on my byrons from years back. HOWEVER, the bassline on any song is just so clear and smooth it's so relaxing and pleasing to listen to. Audioslave like a stone (while not the best example), that bassline that occurs during the verses, I didn't even know it existed

Mids? Guitar? - Oh wow these really make you feel that metal dusty feeling on those guitar strings, I assume this is what they meant by the tonality on these IEMs. Vocals also sound absolutely wonderful. And finger snaps sound like finger snaps right in front of you

Highs :- Ding dish dash idk it sounds good here as well

Something which I suppose is due to the warm sound as many here said, when a song does start getting fast or chaotic, still sound quite laidback almost, just a small little thing I've noticed (or I'm too sleepy and it's the first day of my ears getting adjusted)

Still great earphones, however I wish I didn't watch any iem review video because now for no reason needed youtube is recommending me crinacle vids and I for some reason wish I heard about CCA CRA a bit earlier since they seem to be cheaper lol.

Thank you for reading my terrible review
Edit :- Have to add, the mic on the stock is terrible compared to the KZ ones tho, KZ ones are crystal clear whereas the ones on this blon stock cable is just slightly better than a TWS mic
Update on this post.

My blons have been half broken for the past 3-5 months lol. The build quality on these are bad, idk if it's because the stock that headphonezone are still selling have been sitting in warehouses for ages or I'm being delusional about the way I treat my IEMs.

Okay maybe it was a mix of both (I did chuck my blons into my gym bag and forgot about it multiple times lol)

Eventually the casing fell off one night and exposed the inner wiring. To say the least, I got it glued back multiple times but eventually even the wiring tore off, got that soldered on by a mobile repair shop but even that was a temporary fix. And yes, it was the right side that began to break first but eventually even the left side started falling apart (it's being held with cellotape rn tool). Maybe all the moisture just made the glue ineffective? After a while I stopped caring, then the right side stopped working and I've been only using the left earphone ever since lmao.

Absolutely ruined some songs for me to listen to as they were strictly recorded in stereo, snow by RHCP for example, the main riff from the guitar was missing for me because it was only mixed in for the right side :p,

Anyhow enough whining about all that, after a good year and 3 months, here's a short summary of my experience with the blon bl 03. I will probably repeat some points I made in my year old post too.

These earphones were one of the BIG hyped earphones 3 years back in 2020, I remember everyone praising it, from reddit to various audiophile forums to even our very own forum! (I remember one notorious banned member here too who praised it to the heavens!). However, from what I've read and heard, with the release of the moondrop chus back in 2022, the whole budget market got blown out of the water and a crazy new standard was set. And these are somewhat forgotten now. Keeping the point I have in mind, I feel that it has aged poorly.

Considering that many people called this IEM, one of the best entry level cheap IEMs back in 2020, in retrospect, I'm not sure. Yes it's indeed a great IEM for sure, but I would never ever EVER, recommend it to someone who is venturing into IEMs or audio gear as a beginner (truthfully said, I am a beginner)

The fitting on these earphones, are a huge huge miss. They either fit you or you don't, and that can end up giving you a completely different experience from someone who gets a good fit. The stock tips that come with these, terrible, the KZ tips which were the only ones I had worked better. The cable is a twisty mess but I don't care too much unless it affects the sound quality in any manner, however the tip of the connectors and the plastic that wraps around it so that it flexes back to shape, those have stayed the same over this entire year lol. The point here is that, these are the worst accessories I have ever got with a pair of earphones, that to imply these are entry level are a lie. And what if you tried buying 3rd party eartips? Well it will cost you 1/3 of the IEM price or you can go cheap and just get KZ cheap silicone ones.

I hoped that after a year I would be able to give a review on the sound quality of the bl 03s but as you've seen, they're no longer functioning properly. Trying to recall any moments where I really enjoyed listening to music on these earphones after I wrote that post, I just can't. The headaches that I had were far more than any good listens.

Anyways that's that, now I've decided to just hop into the cheap IEM world again. I know I should start saving up and buy a higher budget pair of headphones for once, but I honestly love spending 6 hours meticulously surfing through forum posts and videos to decide on a pair of 1500 chinese earphones :p

After having spent a good saturday sitting on my ass, I decided upon the

Tangzu WAN'ER SG JADE GREEN​

I don't want to talk more about why (that's for another post someday). Mainly decided on this because a) Similar shape with my KZ headphones b) Truthear Hola has no mic, sometimes I need a decent mic for meetings and discord c) One of the more new HYPE trains in the recent $20 market d) It looks quite pretty compared to the salnotes zero or hola, especially the jade green version that I've ordered, e) Obviously the sound too, has a decent amount of everything but with a tiny bit more emphasis on bass and treble. Didn't like the salnotes zero because it seems to have a lack of true punchy bass (which is all that I listen to these days). A mix of hola and zero according to online comments.

Some additional thoughts I just wanted to write down

Does anyone remember back in 2019 or 2018 when the best earphones we had for under 3k were soundmagic e10 c or RHA earphones lol. All of those have disappeared now except for soundmagic who still have e10c stocks. I miss my beyerdynamic byrons though, they were my first pair of good earphones.

Edit :- Cancelled my order, waiting for 7hz salnotes zero 2 to be stocked in india lmao

Last edited:
This looks promising for a budget dap-

Potent dac/amp, only skeptical about the software.
Hmm.. buggy software according to the one review on Hifigo -
CK has many such cheap DAPs listed but I feel its better to go with your phone + portable dac/amp or one of the known brands.

Back