Audiophile 2496 coming soon :P

I'm getting the monitors for recording, not for music playback... top-of-the-line monitors cost about 75k in India. I need these monitors until I can get something better.

^^ Ohh ok.

I didn't quite understand your setup :S

Why don't you just plug your Pre-Amp / Cube into the M-Audio and record, why the moniters into the M-Audio ?

Input: USB and direct into Aphile 2496 / Output: Studio Pro monitors. If you're asking why I chose monitors over regular stereo speakers, you need google :)

No no no :D My audiophile has no USB input... my guitar effects unit uses USB. Input: USB from effects unit AND amp-to-Audiophile / Output: Studio pro monitors. Monitors don't artificially exaggerate frequencies which is why I chose them over high end stereo speakers - hope this clarifies things :)

^^Exactly... studio monitors are not very good sounding when you are listening to music for relaxation but they are very accurate when monitoring. If I were you rio, I'd rather get an excellent quality headphone with a decent amp. Will do a lot better at monitoring than low end studio monitors.

RiO said:
No no no :D My audiophile has no USB input... my guitar effects unit uses USB. Input: USB from effects unit AND amp-to-Audiophile / Output: Studio pro monitors. Monitors don't artificially exaggerate frequencies which is why I chose them over high end stereo speakers - hope this clarifies things :)
Thanks, got it :D !

Chaos said:
^^Exactly... studio monitors are not very good sounding when you are listening to music for relaxation but they are very accurate when monitoring. If I were you rio, I'd rather get an excellent quality headphone with a decent amp. Will do a lot better at monitoring than low end studio monitors.
Well everybody doesn't love heaphones like us :p

Chaos/Anish, the pair of headphones I saw and want costs way more than studio monitors :D I'll pick it up from UK in Dec but those monitors should suffice based on the size of my room.

Vandal, lol what sofa... :D

RiO said:
Chaos/Anish, the pair of headphones I saw and want costs way more than studio monitors :D I'll pick it up from UK in Dec but those monitors should suffice based on the size of my room.

Vandal, lol what sofa... :D

Which ones?

Primarily looking for the AKG K271. Other headphones I'd consider are Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, Sony MDR-7509HD and Sennheiser HD250II.

^^Get a 501 or 701 instead.... much much better but needs amplification. The Beyerdynamics are not considered neutral btw. In sennheiser, don't look below 580/600/650 or maybe the 595. However they are slightly laid back and better for classical/jazz. For rock, grados are the best of the lot but then again they are slightly colored unless you go for the RS-1/RS-2.

Back