Audio upgrade Beyer DT 880 and Maverick D1 DAC/AMP

aha_neo

Disciple
I recently upgraded my Audio experience to the Beyerdynamic DT 880 and Maverick D1 DAC/AMP

OK I will now let the pictures do the talking

IMG_8947_DxO_raw.jpg

IMG_8949_DxO_raw.jpg

IMG_8953_DxO_raw.jpg

IMG_8954_DxO_raw.jpg

IMG_8955_DxO_raw.jpg

IMG_8956_DxO_raw.jpg

aha_neo said:
The D1 cost me around 240$ shipped from china
Did you go via a dealer here or directly from the company ?

Did you go with the stock op-amps or order better ones ? -- you could do this yourself anyway.

I was quite tempted with this unit for a bit.

How much of a difference soundwise does it make vs, your previous method which was direct of the SC i take it.

blr_p said:
Did you go via a dealer here or directly from the company ?

Did you go with the stock op-amps or order better ones ? -- you could do this yourself anyway.

I was quite tempted with this unit for a bit.

How much of a difference soundwise does it make vs, your previous method which was direct of the SC i take it.

Well I am in the US right now.
I bought it directly from the companyMaverick Audio - Tube Magic D1 DAC + Headphone Amplifier + Tube PreAmp and upgraded the amps to the GE5670 tubes.

Its an enormous difference compared to the sound card, the sound card felt like it was gasping for breath to drivee th 250ohms of the head phone. :S
However i am not sure how to use the tube output right now, i believe the tube output is only a pre-amp, besides people on head-fi say that the current on the pre-amp output is more than normal and advice against sticking in the headphone there.:huh:

titana said:
Very fine headphones, these Beyers.
250 ohm?
The maverick DAC also looks real VFM.

Congrats !

Yeah its the 250 ohm version

nukeu666 said:
nice
you are invited to the next head-fi meet wuth the gear :p

Sure lets organize one in mumbai and I should be able to make it there by may.

aha_neo said:
Well I am in the US right now.
Which other DAC's did you compare this one to before going for it ?

Being in the US, would have thought you'd be able to REALLY test things out.

Most of the good DAC's & Amp's for headphones are rarely found in shops. The only way to test and compare is to meet with other people who have the gear.(head-fi meets, etc).

Superfrag said:
Most of the good DAC's & Amp's for headphones are rarely found in shops. The only way to test and compare is to meet with other people who have the gear.(head-fi meets, etc).
Heh, so thats only slightly better than being over here.

I asked that Q because he as chosen a DAC that i've seen quite a few in India mention, being in the US the faves might have been different i thought.

funny thing about your location is i had a roomate once that came from there.
WTH can you do to have a good time in PA anyway, was in Philly once and the place was dead by 10pm !!

blr_p said:
WTH can you do to have a good time in PA anyway, was in Philly once and the place was dead by 10pm !![/i]

I would probably be listening to his audio rig & be having pretty darned good time. :bleh:

blr_p said:
Heh, so thats only slightly better than being over here.

I asked that Q because he as chosen a DAC that i've seen quite a few in India mention, being in the US the faves might have been different i thought.

At the end of the day, Delhi or Detroit, you are still gonna hit up Head-fi for any opinions to assist your purchase :bleh:

Back