Atrix 2 vs Sensation 4g, from US

techie_007

Skilled
Hello all,

As the title pretty much says, I am looking to get a reasonably priced android with a 4.3" screen. Two of the good options i see are the moto atrix 2 and the htc sensation.

Looking for advice as well as some queries:

Query: Will 3g work on the tmobile sensation? I currently have an at&t atrix, and since it supports 3g, the Atrix2 shouldnt have any issues. I am not sure about tmobile phones on Indian 3g networks.

Pros for the atrix:

Gorilla glass

Bigger battery

More internal storage (8gb) n RAM

Pros for the sensation:

S-LCD Screen

will probably get official ICS before the atrix 2

What did i miss? Opinions/ advice welcome
<

hey, in my opinion you should go for HTC all in all, htc has done a better job with android compared Motorola to start with, there is a huge development of custom roms on the xda forums.

But apart from that... with the official Android ICS update for sensation!! m sure to tell you that its gonna be better than what you could get on the atrix 2.

But if the extra Ram on larger internal memory matters to you... you could wait for the samsung s2 price to drop after the new flagship releases

More info:

The sensation has gorilla glass as well, so that negates the atrix screen advantage. + the bootloader on the atrix 2 is locked, preventing extensive dev support, unlike the sensation. I am tilting towards the sensation
<

Nope, sensation 4g doesnt have a gorilla glass..

Infact the glass has a bit of a tilt on the edges, preventing d screen guard to stay on for longer durations.. but then again, 250 bucks for a pack of 5 screen guards, so so...

Let me point out 1 thing though, the speaker quality on the sen 4G is substandard. Dunno if thats a big requirement for the op, but the volume output is really poor

Wait, no user replaceable battery? Me thinks you mean some other phone? I think the sensation has a proper battery door :)

The Corning gorilla glass website has a list of products that lists the HTC sensation.Oh, n me ok with a weak speaker.

Im using the phone mate, the speakers r very weak.. Letting you know so that u dont get disappointed later.

There is no wifi death grip issue and the battery is replacable. 1800 and 2000 mah batteries available.

Sensation and sensation 4g(t mobile), are 2 different phones. The sensation is not worth it. Sen 4G is what im using..

But doesn't gsmarena quote identical specs for both phones? I thought it was to do with T-Mobile branding or Usa/Uk vs International branding. What's the difference to make Sensation 'not worth it' over the 4g?

I'm in the market for a sensation from India. Only concern was about the non-responsiveness, touch screen death, which has been done to death over xda, gsmarena etc.. created quite a furore immediately after launch, did those issues. If they are not there in the recent batches (can anyone give evidence of long term reviews?) then i'll buy it right away.

@edge111hussain: I love the sensation UI too!

The sensation has d network issue.. Not the 4G variant.

I aint too happy with the camera (night and lower light shots). The video recording is simply amazing..

I would suggest to hold on, since the htc one's are out. Get one of those...

Back