Graphic Cards ATI Catalyst CC for HD mobility 5730 doesn't work !

arunlakra15

Disciple
Oct 29, 2011
Hyderabad
Hello there. I have Lenovo Y560 model with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 GPU installed. I downloaded (12-2_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe) driver for ATI HD 5730 and installed it in newly formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 Operating System. The ATI Display Driver installed properly. My problem here is :

I am unable to open the Catalyst Control Center, and it doesn't show up in the taskbar as well although I tried customizing notifications area of my taskbar. It wasn't a problem at all before I formatted and reinstalled Windows 7, I mean in the Windows 7 OS before I formatted and reinstalled.

Any solutions ?

Chaoseater

Adept
Jun 30, 2010
The same is the problem with one of my friends Sony Vaio laptop. He faced some issues with the Licensed version of Windows 7 Basic. So I recommended him to format and switch to Windows 7 Ultimate. I happened to download all the drivers from Sony's website but not the ATI drivers because I thought I would install the drivers which I have on my desktop. But I am not able to see ATI/AMD Catalyst Control Centre on the Desktop. I ll try downloading from Sony's site. Will keep you updated about the process.

arunlakra15

Disciple
Oct 29, 2011
Hyderabad
I suppose, my problem is solved now
<
bah, it was a real pain.. I tried uninstalling the drivers, the screen goes blank and it doesn't get uninstalled.. I tried uninstalling several times
<
after, I uninstalled the drivers properly, I downloaded amd_catalyst_12.2_preview_32_64.exe and installed it.. Now, the CC opens perfectly.. Yay !!
<