Asus Zenfone 10 launched

old days used asus zenfone 6, zenfone 2 & max pro 1&2 all devices were fantastical considering price & quality they offered. Even asus already had plenty of service centers & experience with them was very good. But due to that ban they no longer brings any zenfone to india. I just thought why they just can't rebrand it for india redmi realme all does same rebranding & making profits out of craps compared to them asus is still very good company.

Because it is very expensive. Plus there are loads of back end changes to policy / tech etc. If the ROI is not sufficient, they won't bother
Yup right....but still considering what poco redmi realme is doing shit in midrange market & considering their hardware failure n crappy bloatware ui Asus Max series looked best alternative.....hope they can make comeback in india again

I wasn't aware of this ban on Asus ZenFones. This is what the court verdict reads:
The Delhi High Court came to a conclusion, saying, "the triple identity test is satisfied as the defendants have made use of a deceptively similar/identical trademark(ZENFONE) in relation to identical goods (mobile phones) having identical trade channelsthe defendants having adopted a deceptively similar mark wherein the dominant part of the defendant's mark ZENFONE is the plaintiff's mark ZEN, for the same product i.e. mobile phones, shows prima facie that there is a likelihood of confusion and damage to the plaintiff's goodwill."

"Consquently the defendants (Asus) having adopted a deceptively similar mark wherein the dominant part of the defendant's mark ZenFone is the plaintiff's (Telecare) mark Zen, for the same product i.e. mobile phones, shows prima facie that there is a likelihood of confusion and damage to the plaintiff's goodwill," the bench added.
I checked out the Indian Zen Mobiles website (http://www.zenmobile.in/smart-phones/). And their official site hasn't been updated since 2017. Their copyright shows up 2013-17 and their 'new arrival smartphones' have max 2 GB RAM powered by some early 2010s unnamed weak SOCs. The software is stuck in the KitKat days.
Now I can't re-read the verdict with a straight face. Who exactly is going to get confused between these 'Aspire Zen Mobiles' and 'Asus ZenFones' in India? Are we really that out of touch from reality?
The Telecare group just wanted us Indians to know that they existed. Becuase I never knew they did. Goes to show what levels people can stoop for two minutes of fame. Can't blame the court here as they can't pass verdict based on specs and phone sales. But the 'Telecare Group' blamed Asus as if their 2012 smartphones were selling like hotcakes in India.

I wasn't aware of this ban on Asus ZenFones. This is what the court verdict reads:

I checked out the Indian Zen Mobiles website (http://www.zenmobile.in/smart-phones/). And their official site hasn't been updated since 2017. Their copyright shows up 2013-17 and their 'new arrival smartphones' have max 2 GB RAM powered by some early 2010s unnamed weak SOCs. The software is stuck in the KitKat days.
Now I can't re-read the verdict with a straight face. Who exactly is going to get confused between these 'Aspire Zen Mobiles' and 'Asus ZenFones' in India? Are we really that out of touch from reality?
The Telecare group just wanted us Indians to know that they existed. Becuase I never knew they did. Goes to show what levels people can stoop for two minutes of fame. Can't blame the court here as they can't pass verdict based on specs and phone sales. But the 'Telecare Group' blamed Asus as if their 2012 smartphones were selling like hotcakes in India.
Surely never even heard of zen mobile from past 8-9 years untill this case.

Indian mentality- bada hai to behtar hai has killed all small segment phones thus showing exit routes to Sony and Asus and forced others to only launch 6'3in+ phones. Heck, even 8'in phones will sell here like hotcakes.
Its the Indian masses who has killed the small factor thing and it wont be coming back in the true small factor again (under 5'7in)

There are many hands happy to import phones from Sony but the fear of no local service is something forces to rethink and then stick back to those boring phones available here where every phone physically looks the same!

Last edited:
Indian mentality- bada hai to behtar hai has killed all small segment phones thus showing exit routes to Sony and Asus and forced others to only launch 6'3in + phones. Heck, even 8in phones will sell here like hotcakes.
Its the Indian masses who has killed the small factor thing and it wont be coming back in the true small factor again (under 5'7in)

There are many hands happy to import phones from Sony but the fear of no local service is something forces to rething and then stick back to those boring phones available here where every phone physically looks the same!

Nah. It's not just India. Apple was forced to launch Max and Plus models over a period of time. Sony phones don't sell well anywhere - even at places with warranty. Zenfone is the only one left in that segment. Google also tried relatively small sized phones with 4a, but the later series didn't carry the legacy.
Pretty sure all these stalwarts would launch phones after doing extensive market research across their key markets.

Nah. It's not just India. Apple was forced to launch Max and Plus models over a period of time
Pretty sure all these stalwarts would launch phones after doing extensive market research across their key markets.
Because there was always a cut-throat competition between apple and android and had seen how android users with 6in+ displays wooed apples small phones and apple too realized they need to match the sizing of android screen to get their hold in the market else their loyalist will ditch them entering android ecosystem.
It was force from both the competition as well as its own consumers.

People want tvs and laptops in the sizes of phones and hence the trend of up sizing..
And the next foldable phone might be from pixel..

Last edited:

Because there was always a cut-throat competition between apple and android and had seen how android users with 6in+ displays wooed apples small phones and apple too realized they need to match the sizing of android screen to get their hold in the market else their loyalist will ditch them entering android ecosystem.
It was force from both the competition as well as its own consumers.

People want tvs and laptops in the sizes of phones and hence the trend of up sizing..
And the next foldable phone might be from pixel..

Exactly. So it's not just India. I was refuting what someone else said above that Indian mentality lead to lack of options. But neither Google nor Samsung nor Apple are producing only for India. There's a global demand for phones of 6 inch plus sizes.

Back