Asus Zenfone 10 launched

Zenfone 10 launched but again unlikely we will see it here -
Even if it gets released in India, pricing will be on the higher side. will be costlier than sammy s23.
Also Asus provides only 2 OS updates, that too very late.

It is sad that it most likely won't come to India. It's like the perfect phone in my opinion for me at least; it is just lacking 2 things MicroSD card slot and 3 years of Android OS update.

Its not coming as no one buys these phones . Even Apple mini failed
see this -

Its the fact
Depends on what you're positioning the device as, as a company. Sony doesn't sell many phones but the devices are absolute wonders as pro photography... and Sony seems to be OK with that (despite selling hardly any phones).

The small form factor is a niche market, and unless asus wants to sell the same numbers as apple, it can really capture this with zenfone 10 esp with the mini line discontinued.

I just bought the base s23 for the from factor and I love how it feels in my hands after the atrocious monstrosities

They know it was not going to sell in India, people here either buy branded (Samsung apple) or the cheap ones (realme poco) Asus might be popular for laptops, but people dont prefer their phone, I have Asus zenfone 5z what a beast of a (budget) phone, but I wasn't able to procure one back case or screen guard in offline market, nobody know this device exist. We are very few people discussing it on a tech forum.

Asus have improved the security updates support from 2 years to now 4 years with Zenfone 10, hopefully they launch it here.

They know it was not going to sell in India, people here either buy branded (Samsung apple) or the cheap ones (realme poco) Asus might be popular for laptops, but people dont prefer their phone, I have Asus zenfone 5z what a beast of a (budget) phone, but I wasn't able to procure one back case or screen guard in offline market, nobody know this device exist. We are very few people discussing it on a tech forum.

There's an issue with Zenfone trademark in India. That's why we haven't seen anything since 2019 or so. Google telecare network and Zenfone trademark.
Asus is legally barred from using that term for their products in India.

There's an issue with Zenfone trademark in India. That's why we haven't seen anything since 2019 or so. Google telecare network and Zenfone trademark.
Asus is legally barred from using that term for their products in India.

Nope, that is not the reason. Asus has sold Zenfone 8 in India in 2022, they just rebrand it as Asus 8z. The real reason is low sales, Flipkart link:

Nope, that is not the reason. Asus has sold Zenfone 8 in India in 2022, they just rebrand it as Asus 8z. The real reason is low sales, Flipkart link:

Thanks for the link. I wonder how many people even knew it is rebranded Zenfone ? I had no idea something like this is out.
Wonder if it's poor marketing on Asus' part.
Don't remember seeing any offline ads.

Thanks for the link. I wonder how many people even knew it is rebranded Zenfone ? I had no idea something like this is out.
Wonder if it's poor marketing on Asus' part.
Don't remember seeing any offline ads.
Not really rebranded. Telecare Network India Pvt Ltd has copyright for Zen and Zenfone. They dragged ASUS to court and ASUS had to remove the term 'Zenfone' in India.

I remember that court case. ASUS had to change the branding overnight. Their low sales of 8Z is their own fault. Very very low stock and phone always used to be out of stock.

I attended the preview event where they showed us the ZenFone 8. We got to play with it before it was even announced. We loved it and we thought ASUS has a product that can make it big in India. How wrong we were. It was barely in stock and was available only during some sales that too exclusive to FK. ASUS sales guys were more interested in selling RoG phones. If there is one team to blame for ASUS losing Indian market, it is their sales and marketing team.

Not really rebranded. Telecare Network India Pvt Ltd has copyright for Zen and Zenfone. They dragged ASUS to court and ASUS had to remove the term 'Zenfone' in India

I think this contributed to low sales. They had to rework the entire SKU from ground up to remove zenfone branding - removing it from boxes, pamphlets, outer body of phone, from the OS itself etc. It's a lot of work for not so great sales.
Understandable why they didn't focus.

1689269144272.png

do you by any chance create questions for Kvizzing with kumar varun????

It is sad that it most likely won't come to India. It's like the perfect phone in my opinion for me at least; it is just lacking 2 things MicroSD card slot and 3 years of Android OS update.
The micro sd slot has been past. Who provides the slot these days?

Back