Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Don't mount anything on /jffs and change the mount point to /opt

As I said previously, I followed steps to mount on /jffs but it didn't work. Anyway to undo that ?

For the time being I removed the pen drive and formatted it. Will that do ? Sorry for being noob here.

Also, how to change the mount point to /opt ?

Thanks for your reply.

Did you check service - USB-a box to type uuid or similar to mount as opt

Can update you in around 12hrs when I reach home

Please see my previous post, I mentioned there that I tried using UUID to mount as /opt but it didn't work.

Please look at my partitions and check if I did it all right or not ?

And you can update me anytime, no issues on that front. :)

OK guys, everything is now accomplished, but one major obstacle remains:

When I am accessing transmission page, 192.198.1.1:9091, I am getting following-

"
403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details."

I have checked settings.json and everything seems to be fine. What option do I have left ?

Upgraded to build 24118 and then to 24160. Since then I am unable to change SSID. It stays at default 'DD-WRT'.

1) Have tried 30/30/30 + reflash firmware. No change
2) I restored settings from pc backup - The SSID changed to the one active at the time of previous backup. But the SSID field in Wireless > Basic Settings remains blank. Also I cannot change to anything else - it goes back to DD-WRT.

Update -
Somehow I feel this is a GUI issue. From the backend I was able to update SSID by setting wl_ssid and wl0_ssid.

Still the SSID field on wireless basic settings tab remains empty.

Last edited:
Upgraded to build 24118 and then to 24160. Since then I am unable to change SSID. It stays at default 'DD-WRT'.

1) Have tried 30/30/30 + reflash firmware. No change
2) I restored settings from pc backup - The SSID changed to the one active at the time of previous backup. But the SSID field in Wireless > Basic Settings remains blank. Also I cannot change to anything else - it goes back to DD-WRT.

Update -
Somehow I feel this is a GUI issue. From the backend I was able to update SSID by setting wl_ssid and wl0_ssid.

Still the SSID field on wireless basic settings tab remains empty.

Remembered some stuff about updating - if it aint broke, dont fix it. Sadly, I have faced similar issues with releases 23838 and 23720.

Just wanted to post an issue with the latest version of dd-wrt, r23838 and r23720 - both were not allowing me to change the WAN MAC address, and both LAN and WAN mac's were the same. Tried everything, resets, reboots, even cron commands to set the addresses manually, but to no avail. Finally, went back to r22118 and working fine now.

Thanks @vivek.krishnan . I was on a very old build - 17027.

I am trying to set it up for MTS. As anticipated newer builds have better support for 3G. But then this issue. I am discovering other issues as well.
1) With the dongle plugged in, if I restart the router, wifi doesn't start
2) Without the dongle - I need to restart randomly 5-6 times and then wifi starts
3) Wifi disappears when I remove LAN cable

So I am going back to 23919 which is known to be a better version. But thanks to share 22118. If nothing works will try that as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1401803854][/DOUBLEPOST]Flashed build 23919. So far so good. Looks stable.

Last edited:
I'm trying to download the firmware but the firmware repository (FTP) is down since many days. Can anybody please upload the latest stable build? I want to get DD-WRT as soon as possible.

Guys can anyone tell me how to downgrade ddwrt??. Pls do help me my transmission getting stuck most of the time[DOUBLEPOST=1402658794][/DOUBLEPOST]
24160 and 24118 have ssd issues. Last stable I found is 23919. Do download that as well.. just in case.
Was the transmission stable too?[DOUBLEPOST=1402663976][/DOUBLEPOST]P
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,
Hi buddy. I need ur help to set up ddns. My router is connected to another router which in turn is connected to another router. So to make it clear I have 3 local ip's above me before I can find my wan IP. Will I be able to set ddns . if so how can I do it.
I have only access to one router the other two are maintained by my ISP.

How can I do port forwarding using this set up????

Last edited:
If you have access to all 3 router I think technically you can configure DDNS using DMZ
Edit
Read last Para now
I don't think you can, with out ISP's help

Hi buddy. I need ur help to set up ddns. My router is connected to another router which in turn is connected to another router. So to make it clear I have 3 local ip's above me before I can find my wan IP. Will I be able to set ddns . if so how can I do it.
I have only access to one router the other two are maintained by my ISP.

How can I do port forwarding using this set up????

Unless the ISP does port forwarding on all the routers before you, it wont be possible. Also, why do you have so much NATing? It would not be recommended.

Unless the ISP does port forwarding on all the routers before you, it wont be possible. Also, why do you have so much NATing? It would not be recommended.
Wat can I do the only ISP other than bsnl to provide me service in my area use such a method.[DOUBLEPOST=1402710969][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have access to all 3 router I think technically you can configure DDNS using DMZ
Edit
Read last Para now
I don't think you can, with out ISP's help
Thank you for the reply guys.
Guys which version is more stable for transmission?

Wat can I do the only ISP other than bsnl to provide me service in my area use such a method.[DOUBLEPOST=1402710969][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you for the reply guys.
Guys which version is more stable for transmission?
Stable. build 23838
For me latest version of build have issues starting transmission

BTW can you post or mail me output of
Tracert 8.8.8.8 in command prompt

Start menu > type Cmd>
Black windows opens> type Tracert 8.8.8.8
this is my output!!!!!!

C:\Users\Mathew>tracert 8.8.8.8

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms ALAN [192.168.1.1]
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.5.254