Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

ok...will do and report back.
BTW: i downloaded another 2 small torrents (250 mb each and they worked fine)...but on bigger torrents I am getting this error ....very very weird

Few days back I finished downloading a 25gb torrent, so I guess error have something to do with ext2, iI will check my configuration and update, mine is working fine with pyload for HTTP download and transmission for torrent

My Tp link wired ADSL modem tplink. TD-8816 died few days back after handling 24hr/day tourcher everyday. Still got 1/1.5 yrs warranty left

Last edited:
@ReVo_007 ...i did not do what you suggested as the issue now looks to be fixed.
I deleted the ongoing torrent completely and started other torrents from scratch - Now no Issues
Seems like the issue was only with those files being corrupted or something (I had initially manually given chmod 777 as well on the directory but still no change for the corrupted torrent)

No issues now - have downloaded 5Gb + in progress another 7GB since yesterday but no issues so far. I guess I am fine now.

i think ext3/4 partition prevent file corruption errors, i nvr had one after switching to ext3/4
Code:
--- /dev/sda
Block device, size 465.8 GiB (500105740288 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 499 MiB (523239424 bytes, 1021952 sectors from 2048)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext3 file system
Volume name "Opt"
UUID 9C3B27D7-36DE-CE01-103A-26D736DECE01 (NCS)
Volume size 499 MiB (523239424 bytes, 510976 blocks of 1 KiB)
Partition 2: 55.11 GiB (59172664320 bytes, 115571610 sectors from 1028160)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext4 file system
Volume name "DATA"
UUID 769D12F6-C70B-CF01-3089-10F6C70BCF01 (NCS)
Last mounted at "/tmp/mnt"
Volume size 55.11 GiB (59172663296 bytes, 28892902 blocks of 2 KiB)
Partition 3: 410.2 GiB (440406167040 bytes, 860168295 sectors from 116599770)
Type 0x07 (NTFS/HPFS)
Windows NTLDR boot loader
NTFS file system
UUID 01CF0BC846671840
Volume size 410.2 GiB (440406163456 bytes, 860168288 sectors)
/dev/sda mounted to /opt

startup script

Code:
umount /tmp/mnt/sda2
mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/

chmod +x /opt/etc/init.d/S90pyloadstart
/opt/etc/init.d/S90pyloadstart start

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=512k)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
ramfs on /tmp/proftpd/users/User/Data type ramfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda2 on /tmp/mnt type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)
root@DD-WRT:~#

Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/13/14) std
(SVN revision 23720)

@ReVo_007 ...i did not do what you suggested as the issue now looks to be fixed.
I deleted the ongoing torrent completely and started other torrents from scratch - Now no Issues
Seems like the issue was only with those files being corrupted or something (I had initially manually given chmod 777 as well on the directory but still no change for the corrupted torrent)

No issues now - have downloaded 5Gb + in progress another 7GB since yesterday but no issues so far. I guess I am fine now.
Nice :) . I thought the file was corrupted. But didn't think you will be able to delete it just like that :p but since you are able to that's good .

I am getting private IP from my New ISP. I want to access router specifically transmission from other network. Is there any way to get access to transmission from Internet.

^yes. you have to install transmission web client.

btw even without static IP also one can access his machine. yes, even if his IP changes for every modem reboot. Google for Dynamic DNS. I suggest duckdns.org

^yes. you have to install transmission web client.

btw even without static IP also one can access his machine. yes, even if his IP changes for every modem reboot. Google for Dynamic DNS. I suggest duckdns.org
Transmission web client is already installed on RT 13. However I am not sure whether DDNS works on Private IP provided by ISP. What would be good option DDNS or OpenVPN?

you don't need DDNS if you have static ip. Transmission web client by default runs on port 9091. So try, http://static_ip:9091
I think you havent read my query properly. I can access transmission from my home network. I was with other ISP who provide me Public IP and I can access transmission status remotely from other network. Now I am on other ISP network which provide me Private IP. Now I am not able to access transmission from other network or internet. I want to check if i can configure DDNS or VPN for the same.

I think you havent read my query properly. I can access transmission from my home network. I was with other ISP who provide me Public IP and I can access transmission status remotely from other network. Now I am on other ISP network which provide me Private IP. Now I am not able to access transmission from other network or internet. I want to check if i can configure DDNS or VPN for the same.
Have you tried with a WAN IP ?? I think you are getting it wrong somewhere unless the ports are blocked by the ISP which is not generally , then deamon should connect.

I spoke to Mahesh about this yesterday night, and AFAIK, the answer is still no. I could be wrong, but this is how the DDNS system works -

The router pings the DDNS provider, and attempts a login with the credentials/details provided. The DDNS server will take note of the IP the request is coming from and log that as the 'A' record (basically mapping the IPv4 address) for that particular hostname.

In normal cases, the WAN IP is the IP from where the request is originating, and that would be recorded. However, where the ISP is providing private IPs ie NAT-ing his IP to 10.X.X.X network, the DDNS server will correctly register the ISP's WAN IP. However, the issue would be port forwarding the port - say 9091, the default transmission port. By default, when Mahesh accesses his DDNS hostname - say maddy.no-ip.biz:9091, the ISP router will not know where to send the request to. Thus, for this to work, the ISP must port forward the port to his router, where he should do port forwarding again.

I spoke to Mahesh about this yesterday night, and AFAIK, the answer is still no. I could be wrong, but this is how the DDNS system works -

The router pings the DDNS provider, and attempts a login with the credentials/details provided. The DDNS server will take note of the IP the request is coming from and log that as the 'A' record (basically mapping the IPv4 address) for that particular hostname.

In normal cases, the WAN IP is the IP from where the request is originating, and that would be recorded. However, where the ISP is providing private IPs ie NAT-ing his IP to 10.X.X.X network, the DDNS server will correctly register the ISP's WAN IP. However, the issue would be port forwarding the port - say 9091, the default transmission port. By default, when Mahesh accesses his DDNS hostname - say maddy.no-ip.biz:9091, the ISP router will not know where to send the request to. Thus, for this to work, the ISP must port forward the port to his router, where he should do port forwarding again.

What does #maddy_in65 exactly mean by "private IP" , does he refer to the Static LAN IP setup that the local ISPs provide?
And if he access the internet then he must have a WAN IP , which may be shared among the user or individual , if shared then he need port forwarding from the ISP else if its individual then a simple <WAN_IP>:<PORT> should give access. Please tell me if am wrong anywhere in my understanding ?

What does #maddy_in65 exactly mean by "private IP" , does he refer to the Static LAN IP setup that the local ISPs provide?
And if he access the internet then he must have a WAN IP , which may be shared among the user or individual , if shared then he need port forwarding from the ISP else if its individual then a simple <WAN_IP>:<PORT> should give access. Please tell me if am wrong anywhere in my understanding ?

Actually, certain ISPs give a private IP address to the customer, and do NAT-ing. Many times, the IP address for a mobile phone is also a private IP address.

These are the private IP addresses : 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255, 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255. Usually ISPs give the 10.X.X.X or 172.16.X.X network with a /8 OR /16 CIDR mask.

With these IP addresses, one cannot resolve them outside the ISP network.

Another issue with these, several times, while downloading from cyberlockers, timeouts with same IP can happen.

Actually, certain ISPs give a private IP address to the customer, and do NAT-ing. Many times, the IP address for a mobile phone is also a private IP address.

These are the private IP addresses : 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255, 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255. Usually ISPs give the 10.X.X.X or 172.16.X.X network with a /8 OR /16 CIDR mask.

With these IP addresses, one cannot resolve them outside the ISP network.

Another issue with these, several times, while downloading from cyberlockers, timeouts with same IP can happen.
so is the private IP a LAN IP ?? Can you give me a link as to explain this concept . I still am not getting a clear idea .. :) thanks

Hello guys, I recently updated with ddwrt -v24-sp2 (02/04/14) std - build 23503.

Everything went smooth till automount of USB.

But while installing optware I am facing issue of /opt not mounted. I tried it running on /jffs , but no success.

Output of mount and df are as follows:

DBmPo5g.png

PyFZLsD.png

I also tried following - mentioned UIID in the mount option but...

bM9Db9f.png

What do I do now ?

One more query -

How do I get file sharing working ? Did following -

L53dzkD.png

Last edited:
Back