Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

NTFS again ? Just to let you know you will to install ntfs drivers if you want to mount ntfs

I think we have a little miscommunication here. I have successfully mounted all the partitions, be it FAT32, NTFS or EXT3. I'm using transmission to download to EXT3. I already had lot of data on my NTFS USB-HDD so I just repartitioned the free space to EXT3 using GParted. Everything is working as expected.

I merely wanted to report my steps in case anyone wanted to use TFTP. And I have to thank you for your step by step guide for making the process so easy. I'm not facing any problems, though.

Cheers

Ok I thought you still have problems in mounting the drive , since there were you and other guy who was not able to mount the drive so got confused.

from what I can say you have messed up the part numbers . If you are using direct mount then part2 will mount as /opt and part3 will mount as /mnt[if your are doing it from scratch] . Since part1 contains the fs.gz so that's the mistake AFAIK.

I will try playing with part numbers to see if I can load it. But part1 is loaded correctly (1 GB small partition) and I am able to verify it. BTW I used the download method. So I think part2 should work, even this code :

Code:
cd /dev/discs/disc0;ls -lrt

Shows disc, part1 and part2 correctly. But the mount on mnt fails
<
. Optware is installed and working fine, but can't work with torrents because damn mnt doesn't mount
<
. So near yet so far!

well currently my HDD has gone corrupt with bad sectors so cant help any further right now . AFAIK there should be 3 parts . one for fs.gz and one for mnt and one for opt.

Damn, still no mnt mount. Now I am suspecting it may be with the hard disk that I have ? Is it possible that drive may not get enough power but still able to mount 1GB ? What is quick way to test if it's my hard-disk that is not getting enough power ? I have 320 GB WD external but doesn't have any external power.

Why dont you pass on the info required at one go

Code:
lsusb

blkid

dmesg

Try running the start up commands manually

I am trying to install transmission on my RT-N13U B1. I installed dd-wrt latest build using your guide.

I have not attached any hard drive yet and am running commands to install optware via ipkg. But I keep getting this error : ipkg not found.

I check in /bin/ folder and didn't find ipkg there. Is there something I am missing out?

Thanks in advance

#Dinjo Can you tell what where the setting you did after installing DD-Wrt , i cannot get the internet to work after installing DD-WRT .

Ps - the internet still works with the ADSL router , also i am a Beginner with linux

[font=arial, sans-serif]#Dinjo [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Can you tell what where the setting you did after installing DD-Wrt , i cannot get the internet to work after installing DD-WRT .[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Since you are on Mtnl , you can help me here [/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Ps - the internet still works with the ADSL router , also i am a Beginner with linux [/font]

i have got the modem on bridge mode , the router on PPoe and have also inserted the Username and password , what to do with DHCP and other settings ? , also wireless is a issue , tried all available settings , but no result

Just tick the Enable DHCP option nothing else.I hope you are running the router in Router mode you can verify at top of router page and at bottom of your router

yes , it's in router mode , here are the settings i changed and still no result

modem - Bridged

router - PPoe , username / pass + enable DHCP

yes , it's in router mode , here are the settings i changed and still no result

modem - Bridged

router - PPoe , username / pass + enable DHCP

Your settings look alright. Modem should be in bridged mode and router in PPPoe, with username and password, DHCP enabled. Do you see the WAN IP assigned at the top right corner? Goto status->WAN and see if it's connected. Also, if your computer MAC id is the one that's registered with MTNL, then you'll need to do Mac cloning with the computer's network card Mac id in setup->MAC address clone, else MTNL won't authenticate the connection. But then you would have done the same in default firmware also.

How were you using the router previously in default firmware? In PPPoe mode or repeater?

was using it in PPoe Mode on Asus firmware .

I did see that WAN ip was not assigned . It is 0.0..0.0

#arund687

So your DHCP settings are okay. The problem lies in dialing and authenticating a connection. When you say it works fine with modem alone, chances are again the problem might be related to MAC binding. Give MTNL a call and ask them to release the MAC binding and see if it works then. There's nothing needs to be changed other than these to make it work in dd-wrt AFAIK.

So your DHCP settings are okay. The problem lies in dialing and authenticating a connection. When you say it works fine with modem alone, chances are again the problem might be related to MAC binding. Give MTNL a call and ask them to release the MAC binding and see if it works then. There's nothing needs to be changed other than these to make it work in dd-wrt AFAIK.

You seriously Recommend Calling Mtnl And asking them MAC Binding , those people are so lame that the Head technician in my area asked me what is SYNC Rate , and those Bhenji's won't understand this ,

btw gave it a shot and they replied NO fup , i don't know where FUP came from , Btw i don't think that that is the problem , it works perfect With ASUS firmware and other laptop's

#Arund687

Back