Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

1) I think my router wifi range is not good...Is there any way to increase the range?
2) Is it possible to access usb files (connected to router) in mobile? (Android)
Yes , for that you just have to enable SAMBA / FTP access from SERVICES>NAS, use this if you are using a ext3/4 based HDD as it gets mounted automatically. For NTFS mounting you will need to install optware and install ntfs-3g and then mount.
I've installed DD-WRT on my ASUS RT-N13U, and now as I've shifted to my new place I have to use it on repeater mode to get Wi-Fi in my room. I still want to use it to download torrents, can anyone tell me if I'll be able to download torrents on Repeater mode?
Yes I have read on dd-wrt forums that works . Google it and let us know here on the thread.

Yes , for that you just have to enable SAMBA / FTP access from SERVICES>NAS, use this if you are using a ext3/4 based HDD as it gets mounted automatically. For NTFS mounting you will need to install optware and install ntfs-3g and then mount.

Actually, I want to play videos downloaded in USB connected to router directly on mobile..

Actually, I want to play videos downloaded in USB connected to router directly on mobile..
You will need SAMBA/FTP for that only .... DicePlayer used to be the best one back then now almost any player plays over wifi . If the HDD is NTFS then you will need to install OPTWARE and install ntfs-3g and then mount . I dont know any alternative to mounting NTFS other than what I stated. You can try the direct WebUI for SAMBA , I dont know if it supports NTFS now [AFAIK only ext3/4 modules have been added to the firmware]. For your use you can try the stock latest/beta firmware , stock one supports NTFS just that the inbuild downloader is pathetic and every change dont on the router leads to a reboot .[DOUBLEPOST=1386074560][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes it's crap . not stable .i return my router to flipkart
If on stock then update to beta and check . Its pretty much stable have been using it over 2yrs now . And if on dd-wrt then set TX Power to 100 under the advanced settings of wireless.[100TX Power is default on stock,DD_WRT puts it to 71 by default]

You will need SAMBA/FTP for that only .... DicePlayer used to be the best one back then now almost any player plays over wifi . If the HDD is NTFS then you will need to install OPTWARE and install ntfs-3g and then mount . I dont know any alternative to mounting NTFS other than what I stated. You can try the direct WebUI for SAMBA , I dont know if it supports NTFS now [AFAIK only ext3/4 modules have been added to the firmware]. For your use you can try the stock latest/beta firmware , stock one supports NTFS just that the inbuild downloader is pathetic and every change dont on the router leads to a reboot

Prob solved...Thanks :)

Dont know if this thread is alive but....
i set up my new Asus RT-N13U B1 for opware and transmission using the methods given by the dd wrt wiki
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U/
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.ph...lling_a_Transmission-daemon_onto_Asus_RT-N13U

But the problem is that settings.json resets itself even after i kill it from the command
killall transmission-daemon
then change the setting.json file and restarting by command
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

on executing both the commds the settings.json file resets itself everytime! Any help guys?

well check if your /opt gets remounted to read only or not this was a problem way back ... better you follow this guide and move the settings file on /mnt .... cant check anymore as i moved on to openwrt some time back due to its sort of inbuild NTFS support :)

well check if your /opt gets remounted to read only or not this was a problem way back ... better you follow this guide and move the settings file on /mnt .... cant check anymore as i moved on to openwrt some time back due to its sort of inbuild NTFS support :)

Hi. Where u able to get pyload http/http/ downloader

I was able to install transmission in openwrt but not pyload

Currently using DDWRT again with transmission ,pyload ,webserver with DDns Remote access

Hi. Where u able to get pyload http/http/ downloader

I was able to install transmission in openwrt but not pyload

Currently using DDWRT again with transmission ,pyload ,webserver with DDns Remote access
well I run it with my NTFS HDD so I dont have all the space to install all the packages at once . But definitely its more stable that DD_WRT when hooked on to NTFS ..... DD_WRT used to crash a lot for some reason that I was unable to identify. Will check once I get some time and move my opkg to a HDD

had purchased this router in FK promotions , never opened it till today .
I want to use this as shared storage with DLNA media server . No internet to connect to WAN port at the moment so basically home network only for sharing files to PC , WD Live and mobiles . No torrenting , no Optware required just plain USB data sharing on home network so no permanent attached drive . All drives will be NTFS only . What I read on DD-wrt seems that auto mounting is not default and has to be done manually on each restart on default ddwrt firmware .Read the ddwrt wiki also
Dont want to read 140 pages so owners can please guide to the correct firmware to flash third party or default ddwrt dor USB NTFS drive data sharing on network .

Didn't use ntfs but for only ext3, latest version have GUI option to auto mount
No need any script

Didn't check ntfs.u might needed to use start-up script setup,so router will auto download ntfs driver

<6>usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
<6>scsi1 : usb-storage 1-1:1.0
<5>scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access SanDisk Cruzer Blade 1.26 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
<5>sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
<5>sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 62530624 512-byte logical blocks: (32.0 GB/29.8 GiB)
<5>sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
<7>sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
<5>sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
<6> sda: sda1
<5>sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
root@DD-WRT:~# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 5888 5888 0 100% /
/dev/root 5888 5888 0 100% /
none 512 0 512 0% /dev
root@DD-WRT:~# ls
root@DD-WRT:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=512k)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
root@DD-WRT:~#

i am unable to see USB drive ntfs in webUI , but works with fat32 , think driver issue

Last edited:
Well for NTFS the router doesn't handle well ... checked on both ddwrt and openwrt . For NTFS on dd-wrt you need to install optware and then install ntfs-3g and then just
Code:
insmod fuse
ntfs /dev/sd*# <mount point>

Well for NTFS the router doesn't handle well ... checked on both ddwrt and openwrt . For NTFS on dd-wrt you need to install optware and then install ntfs-3g and then just
Code:
insmod fuse
ntfs /dev/sd*# <mount point>
Thats the issue .. for installing optware you require a dedicated attached HDD/pendrive with ext3 which is not what I want . HDD has to be NTFS and swappable
Can optware be installed on router memory ?

Back