Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
@Mann did you get a new piece?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Hey ,

Just want to get some help( that is if anyone even care to reply, cuz its been months & no one have replied)

i am currently on 17201 version. want to upgrade to the latest but it seems the start up code or something has been changed now. Can't get Transmission to work nor can i start a FTP transfer. i want it to get connected at 150mbps while 17201 connects at 72mbps.

If anyone out there is willing to help, guide me , IN ADVANCE THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT . HIGHLY APPRECIATED !!!!

You could do a complete reset and start over again and see. I no longer use the device for downloading torrents.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
Hey ,

Just want to get some help( that is if anyone even care to reply, cuz its been months & no one have replied)

i am currently on 17201 version. want to upgrade to the latest but it seems the start up code or something has been changed now. Can't get Transmission to work nor can i start a FTP transfer. i want it to get connected at 150mbps while 17201 connects at 72mbps.

If anyone out there is willing to help, guide me , IN ADVANCE THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT . HIGHLY APPRECIATED !!!!
Start fresh and with lastes r18777+ VSFTP wont work .. either move to samba 2 completely [like me] or setup proFTP from NAS tab on DD-WRT. And check your startup script properly transmission should work good if the optware is installed properly

Reactions: 1 person

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
ps -ef doesnt work. What is the load that you see when running torrents

Load is always close to 2. Load average in status page shows current, 5 mins, 15 mins load. Is it always close to 2. Comes down if i kill transmission

root@DD-WRT:~# ps -ef
ps: invalid option -- e
You'll need to perform some diagnostic at your end to see what causing high load if you can't let me know I'll run a team viewer session

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Hey ,

And you were waiting for 1 month that someone will come and free the bond gages for you, did you make a effort to do something from your end.:)

If you can't get it resolved yet even after the above post ill do my best to resolve the issue ;)

sausuke

Disciple
May 18, 2012
I've switch to build 18777... so much have change since then XD thank you for the post of ReVo_007 and dinjo *combination of first page and past post* I think someone edit the first page for the different build because for me someone will get confused example flashing to 18777 then copying the startup script for 16xxx buil in first page then it will not work of course. It will help newbie like us to understand :)

btw when opt is mounted in 18777 is it really on ext2 but when in 16xxx build it is ext3 I wonder what's wrong? btw I formatted it in ext3
7e9da1acd9.jpg

d8177f9310.jpg

this is the dmesg and lsmod *can't paste the whole log here because the forum somewhat crashes* :(

Attachments

• dmesg and lsmod.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 273

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
@ReVo_007
Thanks bro for helping out. Reps added.

Looking for 2 things now.

1 - Access the USB drive movies (Ext3) on from Win 7 without plugging out using wireless.

2 - How to make sure people on internet & even ISP (BSNL/airtel) are not able to access N13 or laptop remotely. There are few commands which I dont understand but opens ports. Not sure which one to execute & which one to not. I did one with some 25000 ports.

How about keeping telnet enabled on DD WRT ?

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
1. Use Ext2Fsd
2. Use iptables , google for more info.

Why do you want telnet enabled ?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

I've switch to build 18777... so much have change since then XD thank you for the post of ReVo_007 and dinjo *combination of first page and past post* I think someone edit the first page for the different build because for me someone will get confused example flashing to 18777 then copying the startup script for 16xxx buil in first page then it will not work of course. It will help newbie like us to understand :)

btw when opt is mounted in 18777 is it really on ext2 but when in 16xxx build it is ext3 I wonder what's wrong? btw I formatted it in ext3
7e9da1acd9.jpg

d8177f9310.jpg

this is the dmesg and lsmod *can't paste the whole log here because the forum somewhat crashes* :(

The new builds are not very consistent as what i heard from Revo so till the time its stable try at your own.

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata

7e9da1acd9.jpg

d8177f9310.jpg

ok one thing is that 18777 is the only new version which works stable for me . For ext3 mounting of /opt do "umount /opt" check if the drive has unmounted and then enter "mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /opt" [taking that sda1 is your optware partition. This ext3 generally stays even after you unplug and replug the device , if for any reason it mounts as ext2 repeat the same and it will be fixed . The latest build have addressed this issue but optware on the latest build were very unstable .

sausuke

Disciple
May 18, 2012
ok one thing is that 18777 is the only new version which works stable for me . For ext3 mounting of /opt do "umount /opt" check if the drive has unmounted and then enter "mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /opt" [taking that sda1 is your optware partition. This ext3 generally stays even after you unplug and replug the device , if for any reason it mounts as ext2 repeat the same and it will be fixed . The latest build have addressed this issue but optware on the latest build were very unstable .

thanks but umount /opt do not work for me.. I tried SSH/telnet and in command GUI on dd wrt.. or there's another way around? thanks

EDIT:
ok it works now using this command XD

sleep 15

umount /opt

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /opt

thanks you very much :)

7c1ab63a16.jpg

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
N13 is working awesome.. Can dowload 4-5 torr** at a time, thats enough for me :)

Average speed - 200- 220 on 2 Mbps connection. though it changes a lot, may be due to public torr**
@dinjo
I want to copy from USB plugged on back of N13 to laptop via wireless. Dont want to unplug the USB everytime.
wil Ext2fsd work that way ?