Asus N13u

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You are posting a WTB topic with the IC moniker. Please ask a mod to correct.

2. The router sucks. Literally. Trust me, I wouldn't buy another Asus product if you beat me to death with it. It needs a reboot every few hours to recognise devices on the network, in three months the metal has melted the transparent plastic bezel, the range is pathetic and the software that comes with the router has to be the buggiest I've ever seen. The download application (the big reason I got this router) does not work. At all.

Just get a Linksys. I should have too, those at least work even if they don't have the bells and whistles. Right now the only bells I hear are when the connection drops and Windows raises a ruckus.

act purpose of buyin this to do some R&D and install other firmware and make my NAS , and BT downloader.

does ny other router can do same in the same price category .

and BTW , i need enquiry about the price , as i don think someone will sell this router :)

I got mine for 3100 IIRC. It was a pretty good deal price-wise, but it was too good to be true.

It was. None of the features I got it for work properly.

No alternative firmware for the router yet, either. I have kind of given up hoping it will ever get fixed, so I'll get rid of mine soon enough. It might also die this summer on its own, then I'll need a new one anyway.

cranky said:
I got mine for 3100 IIRC. It was a pretty good deal price-wise, but it was too good to be true.

It was. None of the features I got it for work properly.

No alternative firmware for the router yet, either. I have kind of given up hoping it will ever get fixed, so I'll get rid of mine soon enough. It might also die this summer on its own, then I'll need a new one anyway.

:)) . anyway will give it a second thought, after reading your comments.

d u suggest any other , else i will go for WL-520gU with Tomato or OpenWRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back