CPU/Mobo ASUS (Intel) mobo within 6k

bs0409

Disciple
Can anyone recommend me an ASUS mobo within 6k(extendable upto 7k) with the following features:

1.PCIE x16 2.0

2.DDR2 1066 MHZ ram support

3.onboard sound

4. At least G41 chipset

Onboard GPU and HDMI port is not preferred.

Other components being used:

1.Intel Q8200

2.2 Gb DDR2 ram

3. Palit 9600 GT

ASUS INTEL P45 P5Q-C 16x, 8 Ch. S, L Rs10150

ASUS INTEL G43 P5QL-CM 16x, V, 8 Ch. S, L Rs7200

LOL buddy u dont have any for under 6k, but u can try at ur dealer mayb u get for less

Check out the P5Q series. P5Q pro used to cost 9k-ish,not sure if the price has come down lately :).

The P5Q (vanila) should be cheaper.

But why do you want to get only ASUS ? There are better options in GIGABYTE also.

^True that. I'd suggest the OP to spend a bit more and take a look at the Gigabyte P45-UD3R. One of the best P45 boards. Period.

Else the P5Q should be available for 7k or less.

damngoodman said:
MSI board which cost 5.7K which comes with P45 chipset

msi p45 neo-f? Many people reported IOH getting as high as 60 on idle on neo-f, eclipse and platinium boards.

MSI_ECLIPSE_NB.jpg

People eventually have either bend the existing heatsinks or repace it with an aftermaket one. Most probably changing TIM *might* help according to certain posts at msi user forums. People did have some success after changing it- but only on stock.

Coming to the OP, he is better off looking @ other companies. If he is hell bent- he can buy whatever board is available in that price range :). As it is b.s. man tried to make some educated "analysis" about g31-s2l about outdated chipset and no 2nd pcie slot being a major con in a board worth 2.5k, he can use the same skill to judge a board for himself quiet easily.

Gannu said:
^True that. I'd suggest the OP to spend a bit more and take a look at the Gigabyte P45-UD3R. One of the best P45 boards. Period.

Else the P5Q should be available for 7k or less.

is GA-EP45-UD3L better than P45-UD3R or is it the same !!??

Back