Graphic Cards ASUS GTX 660TI : Should I go for RMA ?

yes go for 760, i think i will wait a few more months and let the 800 series release and then RMA and will hope to get a 860 or 870 lol

yes go for 760, i think i will wait a few more months and let the 800 series release and then RMA and will hope to get a 860 or 870 lol

They said they are arranging for a refund because of "stock problems".. I am starting to get frustrated ..

so how much refund are you getting ??
and which edition of 770 they offered you ??

I will be doing the RMA in next 2 weeks in hyd.

so how much refund are you getting ??
and which edition of 770 they offered you ??

I will be doing the RMA in next 2 weeks in hyd.

Today I got a call saying that 760 DC2OC has been approved. I dont know about refund because I accepted this offer.
I was also given the option to pay 15 grand and receive a GTX 780 DC2 OC.
I would not have settled for anything less than 80% of my invoice amount (approx 18k), because I dont have time to hassle for 100% of the amount.

What's wrong with your card ?
You might want to buy this and take a refund for your card, which will be much quicker than a replacement (it took me 4 weeks and I have been calling/emailing Asus India & Rashi almost daily.

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/3-x-asus-r9-280x.166860/#post-1959195

wow the gtx 780 was a good offer man, why didnt you took it
my card doesnt work in *16 slot and works fine in *8 and *4 slot
i have been in contact with asus since 4 mnths was hving exams so didnt rma it , yesterday mailed them again and said i will do RMA in 2-3weeks they informed the hyd. service center about all my problems of card so i'm hoping the time for rma would be less and i hope my card gets approved for RMA

my card is dc2t edition the top edition and if i get the 780 offer i will go for it :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406133072][/DOUBLEPOST]damn was playing battlefield 3 online today and after 20mins my pc restarted and there was no display tried for an hour then just plugged the card into *4 slot and it worked

Last edited:
I didn't take it because I dont really game anymore, and even with 660 TI I can max whatever I play.

It's strange that these latest gen gfx cards are so prone to malfunctioning. My first graphic card was an Nvidia 8600 GT, (bought for 8000 bucks) and it served me for at least 5 years after which I moved the pc to my office.

You can suggest them that you want 780 and are willing to pay the difference, and they will check if it's "available in stock".

thnks for the idea, i will surely suggest them and yes i agree these latest gen card are bad my first card was gt 220 local market with 1 year warranty but i was so damn nice that it worked for 4 years and now this 660ti its been only a year and now i think whenever i buy a new card will always go with zotac just coz of their 5 year warranty
and now i'm too scared to play bf3 again coz if this *4 speed card goes blank again there is nothing to do

thnks for the idea, i will surely suggest them and yes i agree these latest gen card are bad my first card was gt 220 local market with 1 year warranty but i was so damn nice that it worked for 4 years and now this 660ti its been only a year and now i think whenever i buy a new card will always go with zotac just coz of their 5 year warranty
and now i'm too scared to play bf3 again coz if this *4 speed card goes blank again there is nothing to do

Try using it with a different motherboard. You have to give it to Digicomp. 90% of the time the cards get RMA'd as they are not able to perform high level repairs.

What is the invoice amount ? Mine was 22,300/- I should have done the RMA 6 months ago, but I wasted 6 months in laziness/wanting to avoid all the hassle.

Now I am scared that the 760 OC will go dud after remaining warranty period (1 year) ! Let's hope not :D

25k is on the bill amount ,[DOUBLEPOST=1406200861][/DOUBLEPOST]Hyderabad South Regenersis (India) Limited.

they gave me this address for rma

My replacement was cancelled because of stock problems.. I am getting a refund of around 21k, after over a month of phone calls, visits, emails etc. Should take a week or two more to get the cheque. I bought a 6 month used Asus R9 280x instead, pretty content with it.

i just want to add a bit of mine asus gpu rma experience :
i had HD 6950 DC2 gpu gave to RMA After one week No Replcement ava. like HD7950 or nor 7970 etc :(
They asked me invoice copy and offered 16K ( bill amunt was 18.7k ) or 8K more to pay for R9 280X :(
I already has 660 at that time so i choose 16K and it took a 3 weeks to reach me :(

When RMA any ASUS Product if psoobile CALL TF no and regi. RMA request from thre
i go from my local dis to rashi ahmd to mumbai rashi for a month and half to get RMA :(

In india Not IN PC industy in every product of NORMAL use like TVs, Bikes , Mobiles and or anything At last consumer have to suffer a lot :(

ok here is my experience

gave the card for RMA on 28th july and on 1st august the card was in Bangalore and on 4th august when called the hotline thanks to @jaydipmori for the idea they said the card is still under REPAIR status after that i came back from hyd. to my town and called them again today (hotline) they informed me that on 5th August the card was stated cannot be repaired and Replacement was approved but the guys in Digi comp. never called me and told about it , if they have called me i would have the card by now with me just because of their mistake now i need to travel again to hyd. to take the replacement.

After i emailed them they called me and said sorry as they never called and said take the Replacement slip from them and visit Rashi Peripherals in hyd. and take the Card from them ,

will be visiting hyd. again on 14th august will update the experience again

here are the updates

I went on 14th to digi comp. took the RMA approval slip and went to Rashi for replacement and as I thought there was no product :p

they were only having 750 and 750ti , They asked me which card would I like , I asked for 780 dc2oc and the guy said he would confirm it from the head office and then contact me later after 2 hurs , He texted me saying if i'm ready to pay the difference of 15k then he can order 780 from Mumbai branch
so after confirming he said on 14th the card was dispatched
now 15th being holiday , waiting for tomorrow to contact them and ask if they got the card so I can have it and go back to my city.

here are the updates

I went on 14th to digi comp. took the RMA approval slip and went to Rashi for replacement and as I thought there was no product :p

they were only having 750 and 750ti , They asked me which card would I like , I asked for 780 dc2oc and the guy said he would confirm it from the head office and then contact me later after 2 hurs , He texted me saying if i'm ready to pay the difference of 15k then he can order 780 from Mumbai branch
so after confirming he said on 14th the card was dispatched
now 15th being holiday , waiting for tomorrow to contact them and ask if they got the card so I can have it and go back to my city.

Congrats on your new card mate. Enjoy. Since you are paying them, I am sure they will arrange it within this week.

I am still awaiting refund for my 660 TI lol !

the card arrived on Monday but since Tuesday was holiday in Hyderabad for some counting purpose of telangana , I'm going to their office now and will take the card will upload the pic ;) soon and finally i can go back to home

Back