Budget 0-20k Asus extended warranty and ADP

chetansha

Skilled
I recently purchased asus vivobook, I have this offer from asus

2 year additional warranty 999

2 yr additional warranty + 3 year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) @2999

Is it necessary or worth ?

Not really necessary but the warranty is worth it.

ADP is upto you and how you handle stuff.
I would definitely take 2 yr warranty with Asus as it has the highest failure rate with poor capacitors or MOSFETs. Don't ask me how I know. You can see NorthridgeFix on youtube.
Can confirm.
My TUF FX505DY had a blown superio chip and IC which also killed the battery just about 3 months out of the default warranty period, extended warranty would probably have saved me some trouble there.

Can confirm.
My TUF FX505DY had a blown superio chip and IC which also killed the battery just about 3 months out of the default warranty period, extended warranty would probably have saved me some trouble there.
People sadly believe word of mouth more than doing actual research.
Most people would think Asus is premium brand and must have best quality in whatever they make. Sadly, not true.

Extended warranty is a must on Asus.

Things not covered under adp
Cosmetic damages such as scratches, dents and blemishes

Theft and or loss of the unit or components

Incorrect/inadequate installations or modifications

Damages caused by acts of God, nature or war

And Things covered under ADP https://www.asus.com/us/site/ADP/
What's covered is still good. I know people who have spilled drink over the KB. My first laptop's charging circuit started behaving differently after an electrical surge. So 2k extra for 3 years of ADP is still good IMO for a 40k+ laptop.

If you don't feel it's worth it, just get the extra warranty for 1k.

Isn't a 1 year extension just 99 INR? Atleast that's what it was on the asuspromo.in site. If so, that's easily worth it. Next comes the 2 year extension at 999, followed by the ADP if you really feel you need it.

Isn't a 1 year extension just 99 INR? Atleast that's what it was on the asuspromo.in site. If so, that's easily worth it. Next comes the 2 year extension at 999, followed by the ADP if you really feel you need it.
Yes 1 yr extended is 99
2 yr extended is 999

People sadly believe word of mouth more than doing actual research.
Most people would think Asus is premium brand and must have best quality in whatever they make. Sadly, not true.

Extended warranty is a must on Asus.
Out of curiousity, is this true for just laptops or their motherboard/graphics/etc. products as well?

I recently purchased asus vivobook, I have this offer from asus

2 year additional warranty 999

2 yr additional warranty + 3 year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) @2999

Is it necessary or worth ?

If you have buttery fingers and keep dropping your laptop , then yes. In case you will moslty be using indoors and donot subject it to abuse , ADP might not be required. Do check what all is covered and what not. Usually battery is not covered under ADP . There is seperate battery warranty upgrade from standard 1 year to 3 years . Instead of ADP , i would suggest to upgrade your battery warranty which degrades usually after 12-15 months

Having used the Vivobooks, nothing goes wrong usually. At the very least, take the 2 year extended package.

The issue with the larger machines is mainly due to higher power draw & poor QC - have seen this with ASUS (ROG/TUF), Acer (Nitro), Dell (G3 something) and HP (ZBOOK) - as we have multiple design teams. So cant point fingers squarely at one. We avoid Lenovo, but i think a friend also had issues.

Back