Assembling a Super PC | Calling all super Techies of TE

kooltools

Disciple
Sorry for not following the TE format:

Requirements:

Full HD Monitor

QuadCore Procy(Open to AMD or Intel)

MotherBoard: Z68 based( usefull for overclocking if Intel Proccy) or any other suitable for AMD proccy

GFX: Nvidia Only( Planning to connet a 55 Inch 3D Led tv for 3D output.Though i can also connect a separate PC for this purpose )

HDD: 320 GB or less(Have a 6 TB NAS)

SMPS: As per the requirement of GFX card

Ram: 8 Gb

Case:Would not like to spend much on it

Budget: 50K

Note: The motherboard and GFX should support XP 64 Bit( I use a lot of proprietary software and that software is not Windows )

Use:

3-D Modelling and rendering using the following software:

JewelCAD(Doesnt Support windows 7 ..though the website state that it is compatible..but it doesnt work i have checked myself)

Jewellery CAD/CAM Limited

Rhino 3d

Rhinoceros - Jewelry Design

Gemvision Matrix:

Matrix 7

GEMVISION » Matrix & CounterSketch Studio System Requirements

As per this guide It is not recommended to have quadro series card and they do not support windows xp 64 bit

Photoshop CS5 and Corel Draw X5

Don't go for Quadro series.

go for geforce and Intel proccy.

CPU: 2500K - 11,700

MOBO: if you want to overclock well then go for P67 series board Asus p8p67 pro - 12000

and if you want to go for Z68 series then go for Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 - 14000

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz - 3500

PSU: Corsair TX650 - 6000

Case: NZXT Gamma - 2200

GPU: 560 ti 15000

Hope you like it :cool2:

well i think Quadro's are best for those who does lot's of video editing and all that stuff that's why they are Workstation Solutions for Gamer's GeForce is best i guess.

If you need CUDA support, get the GeForce. Else spring for AMD Radeons.

As far as 3D content is concerned, both AMD/nVIDIA are equally good. That is a wicked idea, btw!

As for the CPU, try to fit an i7 2600k/2700k. Would be a better bet IMO.

Yes 2600K is also nice if you really need it, and i wont say 2700K it is waste of money not worth it IMO.

and i already posted the configuration in my first comment. check that.

OK do u suggest core i7 ..as the link that i showed you refers to the fact that this process involves heavy processing power? Also what about the other components like cabinet? Monitor? SMPS?

Also do you think that i would need to overclock my processor? Also what do you think about the new E Series processors

kooltools said:
OK do u suggest core i7 ..as the link that i showed you refers to the fact that this process involves heavy processing power? Also what about the other components like cabinet? Monitor? SMPS?

Also do you think that i would need to overclock my processor? Also what do you think about the new E Series processors

My friend i think i have Posted the specifications in my very first comment check it.

well f you are buying an unlocked processor then it is obvious that yo will overclock.

I think E series processor's are expensive i mean very expensive as i have heard.

well anyways i am posting the Specifications again :

CPU: 2500K - 11,700

MOBO: if you want to overclock well then go for P67 series board Asus p8p67 pro - 12000

and if you want to go for Z68 series then go for Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 - 14000

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz - 3500

PSU: Corsair TX650 - 6000

Case: NZXT Gamma - 2200

GPU: 560 ti 15000

Sorry my bad...
Any recommendation for a good 23" monitor supporting full HD
Also i feel the GTX 560 ti is a bit too costly .Which other card do you suggest for around 10K.
If i want to cut some cost can i buy Intel Motherboard.
Does Intel have a Z68 board in a budget

kooltools said:
Sorry my bad...

Any recommendation for a good 23" monitor supporting full HD

Also i feel the GTX 560 ti is a bit too costly .Which other card do you suggest for around 10K.

If i want to cut some cost can i buy Intel Motherboard.

Does Intel have a Z68 board in a budget

Monitor Dell ST2320L 23" Wide LED Full HD - 9500

GPU SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB - 10300

Yes you can buy Intel Z68 board no problem in that.

Intel DZ68DB Motherboard - 7661 .:)

Sorry can only go for Nvidia GPU.Edited the first post

Also i have heard that Nvidia is launching a new GTX 560 Ti on 29th of November for the same price point.Should i wait or how

also how is this motherboard

MSI Global ? Mainboard - Z68A-GD55 (G3)

Also for overclocking i need to have a z68 chipset or a p67 will suffice

As anyways i plan to have a external GFX card

If you want the best overclocking results then you should go with P67 boards.:cool2:

First tell me how much do you want to spend on motherboard.?

kooltools said:
Sorry for not following the TE format.

Look if you would have followed that format, we would not be so confused with what you need to get, also the fact that you want a k marked processor and want to keep the cost down is vrey hard to equate, better get the following --

Core i5 2500k ~ 17500/- [as you are into productivity applications this is the minimum I recommend you to get, k means you can over-clock]
ASUS Z68-M PRO ~ 11000/- [I don't know any other cheaper boards + P67 is for hardcore over-clocks, I think you want to over-clock for day-to-day purposes and not bench squeezing and the added functionality for the support of the on-die IGP is great]
GTX 560 [no Ti] ~ 11900/- [minimum recommend for output to that huge screen]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 320GB ~ 4000/- [buy this ASAP]
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x 2 module ~ 3300/-
Seasonic S12II 620W ~ 4400/-
NZXT Gamma ~ 2300/-

Hope this helps you Sire, cheers!!

vaibhav1 said:
If you want the best overclocking results then you should go with P67 boards.:cool2:
First tell me how much do you want to spend on motherboard.?

I guess i would want to spend around 12K

@alpha17 are you sure you meant the I5 for 17K

kooltools said:
I guess i would want to spend around 12K

@alpha17 are you sure you meant the I5 for 17K

Asus P8P67 PRO B3 - 12500

or

Asus P8P67 B3 - 10500

Both are almost same. i would say pro but that doesn't mean's that non pro is not good.

and as i said P67 series boards are best for overclocking and even very easy to overclock.:)

Back