Assassins creed 2 DRM is going to be really really painfull

Unpleasant news for people who plan to buy the game. Its not like there isn't going to be a workaround within a few days of the release.

Ahh i am sure they'll be a work around !

This I believe is surely not the way to tackle PIRACY !

Go see VAVLE CEO's interview . He gives the insight on how PC gaming piracy should be battled.

The pirates WILL find out workarounds in a matter of days. Ill download the game from a torrent site, maybe and send ubisoft a cheque of Rs.800 or whateever will be the price of the game............./sarcasm.......

But, please ppl, dont pirate the game to battle ubisoft. Just dont buy the game. But dont pirate it also......

atiamd said:
The pirates WILL find out workarounds in a matter of days. Ill download the game from a torrent site, maybe and send ubisoft a cheque of Rs.800 or whateever will be the price of the game............./sarcasm.......

But, please ppl, dont pirate the game to battle ubisoft. Just dont buy the game. But dont pirate it also......
and leave out on one action game that is gonna keep me entertained for months to come huh uh i dont think so :no:

I really don't know if I should be laughing or crying at this news.

WTF are they thinking? This is absolutely ridiculous for fighting piracy. Infact I believe this would make even the non-pirates want to pirate the hell out of this game.

viralbug said:
Infact I believe this would make even the non-pirates want to pirate the hell out of this game.

This is exactly what is going to happen. UBI came up with Starforce, which was idiotic now this even tops that.

frankly speaking ubi doesnt care they hv earned there profits from ps3 and xbox 360, transferiing it to pc is just pressures from amd,intel and nvidia as we invest in thousand on there latest hardware. what if we all go in console gaming

all the ocz,corsair,nvidia,amd,intel,artic,thermaltake are gonna suicide

^^

Valve believes there is a way to combat the secondhand market and piracy in one fell swoop, and that’s by developing good, supported games. Speaking to website Destructoid, company marketing VP Doug Lombardi explains:

We always see these overall numbers, like how much money GameStop’s making per year off of used game sales, but we really don’t have a breakdown of details for those. I don’t personally know, after being at Valve since Half-Life 1, how many copies of our games per year are sold used, and on the PC versus the 360, so I think there’s a certain amount of information that’s missing, sort of like piracy. I think a lot of folks cry piracy when a game fails to hit their forecast and it may or may not be part of the problem, and it may or may not be all of the problem, but I think to throw any one reason at any problem is probably a mistake, considering the lack of information on both fronts.

Having said all that, though, I think that it’s probably true to say that gamers tend to have affinity for the games that they like, so if you’re doing your job and making a good game, and providing a high level of service for that game at the time of release and post-release, I’m guessing you’re probably less of a victim of piracy and trade, because people want to have the full copy, the legal copy, and have all the updates.

Not exactly a solution that’s easy to pull off, but we full agree with Lombardi, it does work. Valve always makes a point to cater to its fans, whether by releasing daily updates or including requested community features. Take a look at TF2 for instance, it has radically changed in terms of gameplay and scope since its inception. You don’t see that level of support with most titles out there today.

AND MORE :

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18843

ALSO AC - II is up for preorder on steam !!

Read the fine print :D

3rd-party DRM: UBISOFT REQUIRES A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES.

SOME1 get me an Indian price ! Prashaant are u there !!

kishan_razor said:
the real problem will for those
who doesnt have 24 hrs internet connection

@$ hrs is just figurative. Need to be connected only when you play. So just connect your net when you want to play.

- Yeah i was being sarcastic

! 0 t A said:
@$ hrs is just figurative. Need to be connected only when you play. So just connect your net when you want to play.

- Yeah i was being sarcastic
i am not really sure abt
i read somewhere even ur saved r saved on ubi server

again iam note sure

c ya

This will only encourage piracy..
Its obvious ubi has done a lot of work here..maintaining online saves might be the reason behind this decision...One good thing is you wont lose your save games even when ur system crashes..but, saves are also done locally...pirates will only find a way to load these local saves..And I would love to see UBI reaction when this game is hacked :p. If its not hacked, ubi wil only continue this sh1t in all their future games..

first starforce and now this!

hackers ki jay!

sorry ubisoft got no bandwidth to be constantly online...so im just gonna wait for my "buddies" to help me out.

Back