Asking about a doubt to all Motorola Milestone owners.

I have gathered that the Moto Milestone is an awesome phone and that it is selling very well, has good build quality and is responsive and fast phone, the question is. I went to buy the phone at my dealer and there met many people who have bought the phone and heard a peculiar problem from them, I couldn't find the answer so am asking here.
Does the phone restricts the installation of apps to its main ROM only?
Is it true that the apps can't be installed to the memory card?
that is what was told to me and that was the reason that many of the buyers were returning the phones !!!

Please clear my doubts.

Those people are correct. But having used the Milestone/Droid personally, I never felt that it ran slowly because of too many applications, nor did it ever run out of memory for any applications.

No running out of memory is not my concern, the main point is installing the navigation system with the maps ( which is free ) on it takes too much space and thus does not leave much space on the phone storage, thus reducing the future installing of many more apps on it.

this is a serious flaw in my opinion.

Once you get it rooted, you have all the freedom you want.

You can then use Apps2SD on it. Its not really needed to be honest unless you really carry zillions of apps on your phone. Vector street maps dont take up that much space.

^^ Thanks, I know that rooting will solve the problem as I have read about it, but I am now postponing the buying as my dealer told me that most of the users are bringing their sets back as the news spreads :) so I will get a fantastic price after a month or two.

but this should not have been there in the first place, the maps take about 150 or so MB, that I have known coz I have used the mapmyindia maps on my phone previously.

Tech_enthu said:
my dealer told me that most of the users are bringing their sets back as the news spreads
Since when do dealers take phones back? Do you mean people are exchanging them (at a reduced price of course) for some other brand?

Back