Linux {ARTICLE}:Do you like windows more? Or are you suffering of interface addiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Moron must be you...I chose what i like...and i have right to express my view, and anywhere and everywhere...according to u who are anywhere related to programming or development, everyone else is insane...thats what is it..Its like only LinuxHeads got the right to target Windows....again....I AM NOT SUPPORTING MICROSOFT....I M SUPPORTING WINDOWS.....

@praka: i am with you buddy! dont worry too much, its just a matter of time before these people switch to linux once they are badly bitten by some things like DRM on the Windows platform. imagine when they cant get access to their pr0n collection when they need it the most :D

ps: posting this from win7beta, but all hail linux!

"these people"...see it, here linuxhead goes again....Cant u see it the problem is with the company, not the OS, but u hate the OS coz u hate the company

heck ,you believed the m$ fanboy next to you bashed Linux saying it is all about terminal screen?No - that is another FUD(Fear ,Uncertainity and Doubt).Linux got many Window Managers and 3 Desktop Environments namely Gnome,Kde and Xfce.3D support is already there better than window$ aero by Compiz and by native windows managers(metacity,kwin).

EDIT: and who said you must be a pro to use Linux ,you need programming knowledge - ALL FUD BY M$ FANBOYS!that' it.

@ionicsachin: you better get a proper knowledge on Linux before posting here.OK?Half baked knowledge- saying Linux users needs programming knowledge for Usage?HUH!WTF Fellow?you are COMPLETELY WRONG HERE:

READ THIS:

get GNU/Linux!

screenshot.png

Gnome - GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project

Kde - K Desktop Environment - Be free

snapshot2.png

These are available in the GNU/Linux Distributions you download.

For example - Gnome is the default in Ubuntu ,

while OpenSuse offer Kde-4.x

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyyC4LRoYI[/youtube]

ioncsachin said:
"these people"...see it, here linuxhead goes again....Cant u see it the problem is with the company, not the OS, but u hate the OS coz u hate the company

@sachin: i did post a "ps" mentioning i am posting from win7beta... i am also a fan and user of windows since 95. its just that linux and the open source/free software movement is important for you and me to not be taken for a ride by many an evil corporation, not just MS specifically...

Fine i am leaving this thread, I think Mr. prakashan need more mature and equal aged to debate with......

I just wanted to say one thing in all this:Linux is very good, but for me and many Windows is better no matter how many tonnes of list u have of Linux features..

Mr. Prakashan i use Kubuntu too....

@vishalrao

I agree open source is important, I never used MS office and many such retail and system heavy apps....I currently use Audacity and retail Sound Forge too, but I always think why I bought that Sound Forge when Audacity can do it all....I presently use only Audacity for mixing and editing for my band....and at many other places too, Firefox is a big example

Some Says Window$ is a nice operating system.but it itself hides DRM(Digital Restrictions Management) -which is ,nothing less than a ROOTKIT.

with closes source platform ,I mean the base-the / -root of all -the window$ operating system which remaining closed source can have NSA(us mil) added "extra functionalities" to harvest user datas ,sending them anonymously...window$ 7 will try to get your location ?what about yourprivacy?huh?

--

Forget about the WGA! 20+ Windows Vista Features and Services Harvest User Data for Microsoft

Are you using Windows Vista? Then you might as well know that the licensed operating system installed on your machine is harvesting a healthy volume of information for Microsoft. In this context, a program such as the Windows Genuine Advantage is the last of your concerns. In fact, in excess of 20 Windows Vista features and services are hard at work collecting and transmitting your personal data to the Redmond company.

Microsoft makes no secret about the fact that Windows Vista is gathering information. End users have little to say, and no real choice in the matter. The company does provide both a Windows Vista Privacy Statement and references within the End User License Agreement for the operating system. Combined, the resources paint the big picture over the extent of Microsoft's end user data harvest via Vista.

Reading Between the EULA Lines

Together with Windows Vista, Microsoft also provides a set of Internet-based services, for which it has reserved full control, including alteration and cancellation at any given time. The Internet-based services in Vista "coincidentally" connect to Microsoft and to "service provider

computer systems." Depending on the specific service, users may or may not receive a separate notification of the fact that their data is being collected and shared. The only way to prevent this is to know the specific services and features involved and to either switch them off or not use them.

The alternative? Well, it's written in the Vista license agreement. "By using these features, you consent to the transmission of this information. Microsoft does not use the information to identify or contact you."

The Redmond company emphasized numerous times the fact that all information collected is not used to identify or contact users. But could it? Oh yes! All you have to know is that Microsoft could come knocking on your door as soon as you boot Windows Vista for the first time if you consider the system's computer information harvested. Microsoft will get your "Internet protocol address, the type of operating system, browser and name and version of the software you are using, and the language code of the device where you installed the software." But all they really need is your IP address.

What's Covered in the Vista License?

Windows Update, Web Content, Digital Certificates, Auto Root Update, Windows Media Digital Rights Management, Windows Media Player, Malicious Software Removal/Clean On Upgrade, Network Connectivity Status Icon, Windows Time Service, and the IPv6 Network Address Translation (NAT) Traversal service (Teredo) are the features and services that collect and deliver data to Microsoft from Windows Vista. By using any of these items, you agree to share your information with the Redmond Company. Microsoft says that users have the possibility to disable or not

use the features and services altogether. But at the same time Windows update is crucial to the security of Windows Vista, so turning it off is not really an option, is it?

Windows Vista will contact Microsoft to get the right hardware drivers, to provide web-based "clip art, templates, training, assistance and Appshelp," to access digital software certificates designed "confirm

the identity of Internet users sending X.509 standard encrypted information" and to refresh the catalog with trusted certificate authorities. Of course that the Windows Vista Digital Rights Management could not miss from a list of services that contact Microsoft on a regular basis. If you want access to protected content, you will also have to let the Windows Media Digital Rights Management talk home. Windows Media Player in Vista for example, will look for codecs, new versions and local online music services.

The Malicious Software Removal tool will report straight to Microsoft with both the findings of your computer scan, but also any potential errors. Also, in an effort to enable the transition to IPv6 from IPv4, "by default standard Internet Protocol information will be sent to the Teredo service at

Microsoft at regular intervals."

Had Enough? I Didn't Think So!

Microsoft has an additional collection of 47 Windows Vista features and services that collect user data. However, not all phone home and report to Microsoft. Although the data collection process is generalized across the list, user information is also processed and kept on the local machine, leaving just approximately 50% of the items to both harvest data and contact Microsoft. Still, Microsoft underlined the fact that the list provided under the Windows Vista Privacy Statement is by no means exhaustive, nor does it apply to all the company's websites, services and products.

Activation, Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), Device Manager, Driver Protection, Dynamic Update, Event Viewer, File Association Web Service, Games Folder, Error Reporting for Handwriting Recognition, Input Method Editor (IME), Installation Improvement Program, Internet Printing, Internet Protocol version 6 Network Address Translation Traversal, Network Awareness (somewhat), Parental Controls, Peer Name Resolution Service, Plug and Play, Plug and Play Extensions, Program Compatibility Assistant, Program Properties-Compatibility Tab, Program Compatibility Wizard, Properties, Registration, Rights Management Services (RMS) Client, Update Root Certificates, Windows Control Panel, Windows Help, Windows Mail (only with Windows Live Mail, Hotmail, or MSN Mail) and Windows Problem Reporting are the main features and services in Windows Vista that collect and transmit user data to Microsoft.

This extensive enumeration is not a complete illustration of all the sources in Windows Vista that Microsoft uses to gather end user data. However, it is more than sufficient to raise serious issues regarding user privacy. The Redmond company has adopted a very transparent position when it comes to the information being collected from its users. But privacy, much in the same manner as virtualization, is not mature enough and not sufficiently enforced through legislation. Microsoft itself is one of the principal contributors to the creation of a universal user privacy model.

The activation process will give the company product key information together with a "hardware hash, which is a non-unique number generated from the computer's hardware configuration" but no personal information. The Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) is optional, and designed to improve software quality. Via the Device Manager, Microsoft has access to all the information related to your system configuration in order to provide the adequate drivers. Similarly, Dynamic Update offers your computer's hardware info to Microsoft for compatible drivers.

Event Viewer data is collected every time the users access the Event Log Online Help link. By using the File Association Web Service, Microsoft will receive a list with the file name extensions. Metadata related to the games that you have installed in Vista also finds its way to Microsoft. The Error Reporting for Handwriting Recognition will only report to Microsoft if the user expressly desires it to. Through IME Word Registration, Microsoft will receive Word registration reports. Users have to choose to participate in the Installation Improvement Program before any data is sent over at Microsof.

Ever used a print server hosted by Microsoft? Then the company collected your data through Internet Printing. Network Awareness is in a league of its own. It does not premeditatedly store of send directly information to Microsoft, but it makes data available to other services involving network connectivity, and that do access the Redmond company. Via Parental Controls, not only you but also Microsoft will monitor all the visited URLs of your offspring.

Hashes of your Peer Name tied to your IP address are published and periodically refreshed on a Microsoft server, courtesy of the Peer Name Resolution Service. Every time you install a Plug and Play device, you tell Microsoft about it in order to get the necessary device drivers. The same is the case for PnP-X enabled device, only that Windows Update is more actively involved in this case.

The Program Compatibility Assistant is designed to work together with the Microsoft Error Reporting Service, to highlight to Microsoft potential incompatibility errors. For every example of compatibility settings via the Compatibility tab, Microsoft receives an error report. The Program Compatibility Wizard deals with similar issues related to application incompatibility. File properties are sent to Microsoft only with the item that they are associated with.

You can also volunteer your name, email address, country and even address to Microsoft through the registration process. A service such as the Rights Management Services (RMS) Client can only function in conjunction with your email address.

All the queries entered into the Search box included in the Windows Vista Control Panel will be sent to Microsoft with your consent. The Help Experience Improvement Program also collects and sends information to Microsoft. As does Windows Mail when the users access Windows Live Mail, Hotmail, or MSN Mail. And the Windows Problem Reporting is a service with a self explanatory name.

But is this all? Not even by a long shot. Windows Genuine Advantage, Windows Defender, Support Services, Windows Media Center and Internet Explorer 7 all collect and transmit user data to Microsoft. Don't want them to? Then simply turn them off, or use alternative programs when possible or stop using some services altogether. Otherwise, when your consent is demanded, you can opt for NO.

What Happens to My Data?

Only God and Microsoft know the answer to that. And I have a feeling that God is going right now "Hey, don't get me involved in this! I have enough trouble as it is trying to find out the release date for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Seven!"

Generally speaking, Microsoft is indeed transparent - up to a point - about how it will handle the data collected from your Vista machine. "The personal information we collect from you will be used by Microsoft and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized, and may also be used to request additional information on feedback that you provide about the product or service that you are using; to provide important notifications regarding the software; to improve the product or service, for example bug and survey form inquiries; or to provide you with advance notice of events or to tell you about new product releases," reads a fragment of the Windows Vista Privacy Statement.

But could Microsoft turn the data it has collected against you? Of course, what did you think? "Microsoft may disclose personal information about you if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law or legal process served on Microsoft; (b) protect and defend the rights of Microsoft (including enforcement of our agreements); or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, users of Microsoft software or services, or members of the public," reveals another excerpt.

And you thought that it was just you... and your Windows Vista. Looks like a love triangle to me... with Microsoft in the mix.

Forget about the WGA! 20 Windows Vista Features and Services Harvest User Data for Microsoft - From your machine! - Softpedia

Heck ,Vi$ta was a failure as all of you know.now with Vi$ta stripped-to-basics edition aka window$ 7-with that M$ will be infringing your privacy more than anything:

Windows 7 Will Let Microsoft Track Your Every Move

From FireEagle to iPhone apps that use your current location, everyone it seems is racing to get on the geo-aware software bandwagon. So far most geo-aware features have been opt-in and offer reasonable privacy controls (FireEagle is a good example of this), but Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 7 plans to offer developers location tools at the operating system level and the company doesn’t seem to think users care about control or privacy.

Before you freak out at the thought that Redmond will soon be tracking your every move, keep in mind that the new features will be disabled by default. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that if you turn the geo features on, there are very few controls available and, yes, Microsoft could easily track your every move. Now you can freak out.

According to CNet, which saw a demo of the new geo features, once the service is turned on, there are only two means of limiting the geo-tracking — you can either limit to a specific user, or you can limit it to just traditional applications (rather than services running in the background).

But here’s the essential problem: If you enable the geo-tracking for say, a restaurant searching app in your gadgets collection, there’s no way to stop other apps from accessing your location as well. It’s an all or nothing feature.

While geo-aware locations are certain a hot item in the software world right now, they’re also at the heart of many ongoing privacy debates. Unfortunately Microsoft’s new feature is exactly the sort of thing that turns people’s mild suspicions into full, raging paranoia.

Here’s Microsoft’s explanation for why the geo-tracking will not offer much control. It’s also the paranoid’s greatest fear in a nutshell:

The reason, Microsoft officials say, is that Windows doesn’t have a reliable means of determining that an application is what it says it is, so any attempt to limit the location to a specific application would be easily spoofable.

So the short story is Windows 7 has geo-tracking features, but aside from turning them on and off, you have basically no control.

That strikes us as a recipe for disaster and something that will eventually blow up in Microsoft’s face (whether justified or not) because geo-tracking is a very sensitive issue and this implementation seems entirely ham-fisted and ill-conceived. Of course it’s a little better than past attempts by the company, which don’t even offer an on/off switch.

But why, for the love of all thing sane, would Microsoft not at least offer to notify you when an app is trying access geo-information? Indeed, that would be a good start. Then add the ability to deny the application access and you’re getting to the useful stage. Unfortunately, Microsoft reps tell CNet that such controls are “not currently on Microsoft’s roadmap for Windows 7.”

CNet’s report comes from the Windows Hardware Engineering Conference happening this week in Los Angeles and cites several reps from hardware vendors who don’t seem to think users care about privacy controls — because it’s too complicated. There may be some truth to that, but we suspect, as geo-tracking features become more widespread and people start to realize what they are capable of, people are going to care.

The only real saving grace is that Window 7 remains in the active development stage and there’s no telling what the finished product will really look like. But that said, we think the geo-tracking capabilities are off to rocky start. No doubt the company would love to be able to offer advertisers location-specific ads that target niche areas, but will users stand for it?

So what say you Webmonkey readers? Worried about OS-level geo-tracking tools that, once activated by you, essentially run amok? Or are you perfectly okay with letting the world, and Redmond, know where you are? Let us know what you think.

Windows 7 Will Let Microsoft Track Your Every Move - Webmonkey

Vista SP1 bringing back door exploit?

Windows Vista Shipped Being with NSA Backdoor | We Break Things | Twine

NSA Helped Microsoft Set Security for Vista

Spy agency, vendor teamed to sync OS with standards

Microsoft Corp. and the National Security Agency confirmed last week that the intelligence agency helped the company configure Windows Vista so it meets the Pentagon’s security requirements.
> NSA spokesman Ken White said the agency has provided guidance on securing Windows XP and Windows 2000 in the past. But this is the first time the NSA has worked with Microsoft or any vendor prior to an operating system’s release, White added.
By getting involved early in the process, the NSA ensured that there would be a version of Vista that is secure enough for the U.S. Department of Defense and compatible with federal software, he said. Now the NSA can guarantee that Vista’s off-the-shelf security configuration “is at a level that meets our standards,” White said.
> Microsoft declined to make any executives available to comment about the NSA’s help. In a statement, the company said that it had asked a number of government entities to review Vista, including the NSA, the National Institute of Standards and Technology and NATO.
full news here:

NSA Helped Microsoft Set Security for Vista

later followup news cannot be find ,perhaps because m$ silenced them with the US army/government influence.

__

yeah ,now posting the pic of st.bill nuts will not help you save!:tongue:

Here ,you can see the beauty of Open Source - Every Code is open ,can be audited at *any* time ,if you add some BS codes onto the pool ,others will find and replace the crap.FOSS ,hence ROCKS!GNU/Linux ,BSDs too.

praka: When will Linux have drivers for soundcards released four years ago? I'll switch in heartbeat if it supports my E-mu1212m out of the box, with full-fledged support. I'll switch today. I don't even care for games, or even all the applications that don't have a Linux port (don't talk about Wine just yet). I can live without all that, but not my music.

The OS is broken for sure, but it's been around for a long time. I was really excited by Ubuntu Studio, so I jumped on it. Of course, it only worked at certain bit depths and sampling rates, if I had a engineering degree and was willing to go under the hood.

I just want to record my music. Some people want to play games. Some people need to run some CAD applications, which they've learnt in one environment. Sure Windows sucks, I agree, but that's what we got - similar to the situation in the government of our country. But Linux has a lot of catching up to do itself. So don't throw stones at Windows until Linux is ready for prime time. Not yet there, I assure you.

An OS is not built by code or interface. Compatibility, familiarity, width of spread, service and support, and upgrade paths are all considerations one has to look at. How many devices don't have Windows support? How many don't have Linux? And this is just one aspect. How is one supposed to fix a Linux system if something happens to it? The average support personnel in India doesn't even know his way around Windows, let alone Linux. We're tinkerers, but we don't make or break the success of an OS. As long as we remain vociferous and loud, the real problem goes unnoticed and unspoken.

The last thing you want is for Linux to regress into a techie toy. If you have so much energy, figure out a way to get Blu-Ray to Linux, or a competing, DRM-free format that is widely supported by content creators. There are hundreds of open-source projects that are half finished, that still hold back the adoption of Linux to the desktop. Focus there, that will shut all of the cynics and naysayers. All the linking to anti-M$ is not going to help. I don't advise anyone here to throw out all their Logitechs and Altec Lansings and get into DIY projects, do I? Just because I can tinker does not necessarily mean you should :)

Sure, it's all coming. I'll be there when it does. But not just yet.

dear sangram ,

One SINGLE WORD=>ABSURD .

See !I said Win users will whine,yawn about Linux!even after the few posts showing the reality about M$haft and winblow$.

Again ,I urge - you read this:

Linux is NOT Windows -esp look at the culture issue.

sangram said:
praka: When will Linux have drivers for soundcards released four years ago? I'll switch in heartbeat if it supports my E-mu1212m out of the box, with full-fledged support. I'll switch today. I don't even care for games, or even all the applications that don't have a Linux port (don't talk about Wine just yet). I can live without all that, but not my music.

The OS is broken for sure, but it's been around for a long time. I was really excited by Ubuntu Studio, so I jumped on it. Of course, it only worked at certain bit depths and sampling rates, if I had a engineering degree and was willing to go under the hood.

I just want to record my music. Some people want to play games. Some people need to run some CAD applications, which they've learnt in one environment. Sure Windows sucks, I agree, but that's what we got - similar to the situation in the government of our country. But Linux has a lot of catching up to do itself. So don't throw stones at Windows until Linux is ready for prime time. Not yet there, I assure you.

An OS is not built by code or interface. Compatibility, familiarity, width of spread, service and support, and upgrade paths are all considerations one has to look at. How many devices don't have Windows support? How many don't have Linux? And this is just one aspect. How is one supposed to fix a Linux system if something happens to it? The average support personnel in India doesn't even know his way around Windows, let alone Linux. We're tinkerers, but we don't make or break the success of an OS. As long as we remain vociferous and loud, the real problem goes unnoticed and unspoken.

The last thing you want is for Linux to regress into a techie toy. If you have so much energy, figure out a way to get Blu-Ray to Linux, or a competing, DRM-free format that is widely supported by content creators. There are hundreds of open-source projects that are half finished, that still hold back the adoption of Linux to the desktop. Focus there, that will shut all of the cynics and naysayers. All the linking to anti-M$ is not going to help. I don't advise anyone here to throw out all their Logitechs and Altec Lansings and get into DIY projects, do I? Just because I can tinker does not necessarily mean you should :)

Sure, it's all coming. I'll be there when it does. But not just yet.

The problem as I can see ,here is - generalization.Linux means no hardware support.Fcuking wrong!I am using GNU/Linux for the past 7-8 years.the Amount of work needed a decade back with Linux to support hardware and Look at the brand new Linux kernel-2.6.28!

again ,the posts are underestimating Linux kernel especially.Unlike Winblow$ ,Kernel supports the hardware majority -90% plus without any driver installation and popping in installation cd.

I feel ,the target crowd CANNOT understand the driver part especially correct.

4 year old H/w? it will be probably 99% supported -except for few wireless drivers which are not opened by the manufacturers ,reverse engineering and using ndiswrapper are the solution.

--

Please post your problems with GNU/Linux on the Open Source Forum here.We can try to resolve ?

j00p34, the author of that article had proven himself to be a stupid idiot. The fact that he is calling it an addiction is itself disproving what he is saying. You cant become addicted to something unless you are attracted to something about it. You can't get addicted to alcohol if you dislike everything about it now can you?

prakashan said:
again ,the posts are underestimating Linux kernel especially.Unlike Winblow$ ,Kernel supports the hardware majority -90% plus without any driver installation and popping in installation cd.

I feel ,the target crowd CANNOT understand the driver part especially correct.

4 year old H/w? it will be probably 99% supported -except for few wireless drivers which are not opened by the manufacturers ,reverse engineering and using ndiswrapper are the solution.?

The 90% hardware support you are talking about applies to the most basic or most popular hardware. Hardware that you use for very basic stuff like browsing internet through Ethernet, very popular or standard sound cards and video cards that are one or more years old. That kind of hardware is even supported by windows out of the box. But When I buy that latest high end Asus sound card and ATi/nVidia graphics card that were released yesterday, I already have working drivers for windows bundled with them, but where are the Linux drivers. Even though video card companies have started releasing video card drivers for Linux recently, they are always late compared to windows drivers. Even after all this we have talked about only the most basic and well known hardware. What about DSP cards, data acquisition hardware and numerous other non standard hardware used by professionals that come bundled with windows drivers and for whom Linux drivers is just a dream. If you consider all those hardware Linux driver support wouldn't come close to 10%. So does this all mean that Linux is only for those who have very basic and popular hardware and use their system for nothing that browsing the internet or watching movies?

Its all well to flaunt about the great potential of the Linux Kernel and how one can just revere engineer hardware and create device drivers, but would you rather have the drivers now to get your hardware running today or just believe in the great potential of Linux kernel and hope that some day some one might just create a driver? Speaking about reverse engineering and drivers, you are talking about it as if its a very easy task to do. You surely cant expect some one to Install Linux and then write drivers for all his hardware on his own can you? Have you ever tried your hand at writing drivers to talk about it in such an off hand manner?

Prakasho, epozhenkilum oru break eduku!!

Spare TE. Ithu Think Digit forums alla! :p

No offense meant.

Gunman said:
Prakasho, epozhenkilum oru break eduku!!

Spare TE. Ithu Think Digit forums alla! :p

No offense meant.

I will try.but let's educate few game fanatics/M$ fanatics about the reality. :)

:rolleyes: Die ppl DI3!!:2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

@ linux lovers..:console:

looking @ the post (in da beginning): :bounce: :clapping:

After reading the posts and replies upto the last page: :Comp9:

... no matter what we do, what we say, Windows User not gonna stop h@t!nG Windows (well, but then, they do have some valid points) :p

prakashan said:
See !I said Win users will whine,yawn about Linux!even after the few posts showing the reality about M$haft and winblow$.

... :rofl: :rofl:... so says the whiner himself!

You sir, what exactly are you doing? whining about windows, are we? Obviously you hate windows/osx or anything that is not tux, and you bed with the tux (ouch, that's animal cruelty actually). But that's solely your problem... you don't like windows, don't use it. Let others do whatever they want, it's not like your tax money is going in our computing lives.

prakashan said:
One SINGLE WORD=>ABSURD.

Why don't you come here and install a card in my possession with whatever flavour of Linux you have in your arsenal, and then we'll talk. Till then, I can't take that tone, without a single specific rebuttal to any point in my post. Do you indeed know how to configure ALSA/JACK for a E-mu 1212m? Or are you just hoping someone with more knowledge knows the answer? If you're a Linux lover, you must already know whether this can be done. Right?

Show me the code, don't sit there shouting from a rooftop. I was a regular on the Ubuntu forums, and tried for three months. So I'm not a Linux hater, but you seem to be a M$ hater. Hate feeds only on itself, and it shows, like it's showing in your posts.

Excuse me from this thread. Try reasoning instead of spouting venom, and then some respect will develop. Till then, I see you as a quoter, without one shred of real knowledge, just posting here to prove your point, without using any logic or understanding of your own.

I see the last few posts have pointed that you already do this elsewhere. If you took this tone there, it's not going to work here. I already know my way around the kernel. The support is not going to happen without Creative releasing the source code. We know that. Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back