Budget 0-20k Are there different variations of intel NUC models?

webofunni

Disciple
Hello,

I ordered a NUC from primeabgb.com a few days ago. They informed me today that the model I ordered is out of stoke and another one NUC7CJYSAMN is available. When I searched the internet I found https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...th-windows-10-nuc7cjysamn/specifications.html . It says it has 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC on-board; Windows® 11 Home in S Mode pre-installed.

But primeabgb.com support said that it is not available in India and the same model in India comes without RAM and Windows. I've to purchase RAM and SSD separately. I doubt it is an open-box product with included RAM removed. Does anybody have any knowledge about this NUC model?

Afaik, the Model and Specs on Intel match. Ask Prime to confirm the Model they are selling and then look it up in Intel.

It says it has 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC on-board; Windows® 11 Home in S Mode pre-installed.
How much are you getting it for? Used to be available for 8k on Flipkart. Went for as low as 5k a couple of times. Many people here bought it too. But it's only good for headless Linux box, not windows with GUI.

How much are you getting it for? Used to be available for 8k on Flipkart. Went for as low as 5k a couple of times. Many people here bought it too. But it's only good for headless Linux box, not windows with GUI.
Prices are very high now. They are asking 13K for a new one. I want a low-powered machine to run a torrent seedbox. Are you aware if it came without 4GB RAM and Windows license?

If you run multiple HDD, how much power do you expect to save by going this route?
Depends on what is your reference point. My desktop draws 80-100W, so it will be considerably less than that. I tried Rasp 4 8GB, it draws less than 10W with HDD. But it gets congested when there are a lot of upload/download disk read/writes.

Back