Are new Airtel FUPs applicable to old customers?

rshri

Adept
I am confused - several old customers are complaining in forums that their old FUP limits have been altered without their consent and speeds have reduced to 256kbps as per limits of new FUP guidelines. Is this really happening? More importantly for me - is it happening for NCR (Delhi) region?? (Airtel has a history of being lenient with NCR region)
I am using 1099 swift plan (512kbps unlimited) plan in Noida with 100GB FUP limit. This month, till now I have downloaded about 25GB. I haven't experienced any slowdown yet (though as per new guidelines FUP limits are 15GB). Can anyone please confirm?

no they can't

if they apply it to urs then just call them and just tell them to set you back to old limits,they can't just change it

the new FUP's are all over india but only for new customer or if you change your plan

The new plan is 2Mbps till 15GB and 256Kbps after that for Rs.1099. They are asking customers on older plan whether they wanna shift. If u prefer to stay in older plan then u will get 512Kbps for 100GB and 256Kbps after that for Rs.1099.

uefa_007 said:
Will the new limits be applicable if you transfer from one place to another ?
NO,if you are an old customer then you just have to pay the moving charge but you can keep the old plan.

they will try to tell you than the capacity isn't there,its complete bullshit

just tell them that if 2mbps isn possble then ur plan is too.they will keep you on ur old plan

Solid_Snake4RD said:
NO,if you are an old customer then you just have to pay the moving charge but you can keep the old plan.

they will try to tell you than the capacity isn't there,its complete bullshit

just tell them that if 2mbps isn possble then ur plan is too.they will keep you on ur old plan
Oh ok thanks !

For me there were no fup for 1mbps where as in hyd when I ask for a new conn they are saying fup cannot be changed !

Have any one with FUP ever faced their speeds being reduced ?

uefa_007 said:
Oh ok thanks !

For me there were no fup for 1mbps where as in hyd when I ask for a new conn they are saying fup cannot be changed !

Have any one with FUP ever faced their speeds being reduced ?
many have face speed being reduced after Limit crossong

I am on the 1099 plan which was recently upgraded to 1 Mbps. When that happened though, the morons FUPd me with a 25 GB limit. I was mad, and made around 4 complaints, 6 - 7 calls, and a letter to the Nodal officer. Finally I threatened disconnection. That's when they reset my account limit to infinity :D So am back to 1 Mbps TRUE unlimited now :) Existing customers who have been FUPd need to have to follow this route unfortunately

Guys, I;m concerned, I'm getting 1MBPS since the last 24 Hours, but does that mean my FUP has become 30GB???

I havn't got any calls from AIRTEL regarding taking new plans or anything, this has been done automatically.

comp@ddict said:
Guys, I;m concerned, I'm getting 1MBPS since the last 24 Hours, but does that mean my FUP has become 30GB???

I havn't got any calls from AIRTEL regarding taking new plans or anything, this has been done automatically.
and what was ur speed before?

comp@ddict said:

Interesting... I am also getting 1Mbps on my Explore1099 since last four days. Downloaded ~48GB already. so FUP is not there yet... Earlier it was 384kbps day & 1Mbps @ night without any FUP... :hap2:

But to be sure that its not another speed bump/spike I've to download for at least a week or more to see if I am getting better speed officially or not...

Earlier last week though I'd a call from AIRTEL asking me if I want to upgrade to 1Mbps for same plan charges or not (with 15GB FUP) & I scolded them thoroughly, even threatened to get rid of AIRTEL & move to Reliance. Not sure if this did it... :ashamed:

LOL i got call from them today , they were offering 2mbps till 5gb for current plan 699 per month and 20 paise per mb after that . already getting 512 without fup so told them NO .

Solid_Snake4RD said:
and what was ur speed before?
512Kbps
HailStonE said:
Interesting... I am also getting 1Mbps on my Explore1099 since last four days. Downloaded ~48GB already. so FUP is not there yet... Earlier it was 384kbps day & 1Mbps @ night without any FUP... :hap2:
Me too happy, although due to increased speed, now I keep my computer on download for half time, earlier it was 6 HOURS a day, now I keep it on download for just around 4 hours(and still download more thnx to double speed)

I was on 512 in the day and 1mbps at night for 1299 a month.

HOwever from today I'm getting 1mbps in the day too. have they applied a FUP on me?! Because If they have they better change it back to my old plan!

wr8_utd said:
I was on 512 in the day and 1mbps at night for 1299 a month.

HOwever from today I'm getting 1mbps in the day too. have they applied a FUP on me?! Because If they have they better change it back to my old plan!
no need to worry

if they apply any low FUP that you experience then just call them and shout at them and you will be put back to your old FUP

Lol something screwed up in my connection.

I am also on Explorer 1099 or watever which is supposed to give me 512 in morning and 1MBps in Night, but many times I get 1Mbps in day as well.

Not that I am complaining. . I am just saying :p

! 0 t A said:
Lol something screwed up in my connection.

I am also on Explorer 1099 or watever which is supposed to give me 512 in morning and 1MBps in Night, but many times I get 1Mbps in day as well.

Not that I am complaining. . I am just saying :p
it got upgraded

Back