Are featherlite chairs "good"?

Was looking to upgrade from a Neelkamal chair :)

Have used a local computer chair earlier, but it lasted only 6 months. Visited a featherlite office, and the chairs they have felt quite comfortable, they seem to be in the 8-12k range.

Are they worth this money? Are there equally good alternatives I dont know of?

Also, how is the after sales service?

I dont want to end up with the chair equivalent of buying an Alienware desktop :)

(This is in Hyderabad)

Was looking to upgrade from a Neelkamal chair :)

Have used a local computer chair earlier, but it lasted only 6 months. Visited a featherlite office, and the chairs they have felt quite comfortable, they seem to be in the 8-12k range.

Are they worth this money? Are there equally good alternatives I dont know of?

Also, how is the after sales service?

I dont want to end up with the chair equivalent of buying an Alienware desktop :)

(This is in Hyderabad)

I had bought a Featherlite chair around 2+ years back. It was very comfortable - for a year. After that, the back of the chair no longer used to remain stiff i.e. if you leaned back while watching a movie etc, it used to go back by 10-15 degrees more than normal and not provide good back support. After that one of the wheels broke off. Called up featherlite and they said they would send somebody to fix it. Called 3 times again but no one turned up. You have to call the same store you bought it from. They don't have a central customer care.

Have mixed feelings about it. It was great while it lasted. Their service definitely needs upgradation. Also, in Bangalore they don't deliver a single chair for free anymore. You have to pay for transportation which can vary from 500-1000 bucks depending on how far you live from the store.

I had bought a Featherlite chair around 2+ years back. It was very comfortable - for a year. After that, the back of the chair no longer used to remain stiff i.e. if you leaned back while watching a movie etc, it used to go back by 10-15 degrees more than normal and not provide good back support. After that one of the wheels broke off. Called up featherlite and they said they would send somebody to fix it. Called 3 times again but no one turned up. You have to call the same store you bought it from. They don't have a central customer care.

Have mixed feelings about it. It was great while it lasted. Their service definitely needs upgradation. Also, in Bangalore they don't deliver a single chair for free anymore. You have to pay for transportation which can vary from 500-1000 bucks depending on how far you live from the store.
ohk.. any idea how reasonable their charges are for after sales service post warranty? I realize they never turned up in your case, but had they turned up how much would they have charged?

Back