iOS Are Airpods / Pro Battery replaceable at 3rd party shops in India?

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I understand that Apple doesn't replace batteries of Apple Airpods and if your 1 year is up, you are out of luck and have to throw a 25K rupees earbuds and regret. I want to know if the batteries of airpods / airpods pro are replaceable at 3rd party shops in India? Has anyone done it and how has been the experience.

This is not a deal breaker for me but I am contemplating buying Airpods Pro (not sure when) and want to know if it is indeed an option.

t3chg33k

Skilled
Jun 3, 2008
It is practically doable but extremely difficult. I would be surprised if any third party shop would invest in getting the components and then getting it right.

That all Bluetooth earbuds are disposable is a fact of life. I made peace with myself at finding VFM options below 10k with relevant sacrifices.

Few months ago picked up an unboxed XM4 for 9k and that is the extent I would go to in terms of price-performance.

singenaadam

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
Assume they are not. Forget TWS, companies are not even looking at BT neckband repairs. They just replace, if in warranty, else forget them...

Heisen

Disciple
Apr 16, 2023
1697705513230.png

AppleCare+ is the key, don't let it expire, and I believe in case of battery replacement for airpods, they will just give you a new one, they won't replace batteries.

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
I understand that Apple doesn't replace batteries of Apple Airpods and if your 1 year is up, you are out of luck and have to throw a 25K rupees earbuds and regret. I want to know if the batteries of airpods / airpods pro are replaceable at 3rd party shops in India? Has anyone done it and how has been the experience.

This is not a deal breaker for me but I am contemplating buying Airpods Pro (not sure when) and want to know if it is indeed an option.
Don't bother.. Expect around 3-4 years of service life .. a little lower or higher but not by much. By then you will likely want an upgrade anyway.
My first AP lasted 5 years or so but the last 6 months (while ii was waiting for sale) , they were painful to use..

Seen similar behaviour on subsequent ones.. wife's APP is about 4 years old now but seems to be doing OK for now.

Also Its Highly unlikely you will face dead batteries in anywhere close to a year or two