iOS Are Airpods / Pro Battery replaceable at 3rd party shops in India?

raksrules

Elite
I understand that Apple doesn't replace batteries of Apple Airpods and if your 1 year is up, you are out of luck and have to throw a 25K rupees earbuds and regret. I want to know if the batteries of airpods / airpods pro are replaceable at 3rd party shops in India? Has anyone done it and how has been the experience.

This is not a deal breaker for me but I am contemplating buying Airpods Pro (not sure when) and want to know if it is indeed an option.

It is practically doable but extremely difficult. I would be surprised if any third party shop would invest in getting the components and then getting it right.

That all Bluetooth earbuds are disposable is a fact of life. I made peace with myself at finding VFM options below 10k with relevant sacrifices.

Few months ago picked up an unboxed XM4 for 9k and that is the extent I would go to in terms of price-performance.

Assume they are not. Forget TWS, companies are not even looking at BT neckband repairs. They just replace, if in warranty, else forget them...

1697705513230.png

AppleCare+ is the key, don't let it expire, and I believe in case of battery replacement for airpods, they will just give you a new one, they won't replace batteries.

I understand that Apple doesn't replace batteries of Apple Airpods and if your 1 year is up, you are out of luck and have to throw a 25K rupees earbuds and regret. I want to know if the batteries of airpods / airpods pro are replaceable at 3rd party shops in India? Has anyone done it and how has been the experience.

This is not a deal breaker for me but I am contemplating buying Airpods Pro (not sure when) and want to know if it is indeed an option.
Don't bother.. Expect around 3-4 years of service life .. a little lower or higher but not by much. By then you will likely want an upgrade anyway.
My first AP lasted 5 years or so but the last 6 months (while ii was waiting for sale) , they were painful to use..

Seen similar behaviour on subsequent ones.. wife's APP is about 4 years old now but seems to be doing OK for now.

Also Its Highly unlikely you will face dead batteries in anywhere close to a year or two

Back