Application to clean up my computer

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I am currently using my office laptop and need to return it back next week. But before that i need to do a thorough cleaning like clean uninstall of all the personal apps that i had put, delete related registry entries, delete all stored passwords etc, especially firefox complete uninstall along with all history, passwords and everything.

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
raksrules said:
I am currently using my office laptop and need to return it back next week. But before that i need to do a thorough cleaning like clean uninstall of all the personal apps that i had put, delete related registry entries, delete all stored passwords etc, especially firefox complete uninstall along with all history, passwords and everything.

You could try ccleaner.

CCleaner - Home

Reactions: 1 person

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
axeman said:
format c: /q /fs:ntfs ? :p

I have found most tools that claim to do the above end up screwing the registry and over time render the OS crippled permanently in some form or the other.

:lol:

See it really does not matter if the OS is screwed up. Because after i return the laptop, the company guys will as it is reinstall a fresh copy of the OS all over again. Just that when i give the laptop, it has all traces removed. ;)

Reactions: 1 person

MohitPreet

Skilled
Dec 17, 2008
Ccleaner is good

or u can use tune up utilities trial version to clear all registeries and uninstall all applications that u want

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
backup all the data that you want to retain and use the recovery mode that laptop might have to offer.

your laptop shall be in its initial stage.

alternatively ccleaner or tuneUp shall serve your purpose..

djmykey

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
Me being a system admin... when you are done with all the backups off the laptop... boot it up with a linux or BartPE kinda CD... clean erase C:\... When they check the laptop & ask you what happened... tell them "Nahi pata, aaj subah hi use kiya tha... par no issues mujhe waise bhi release hi karna tha laptop"

:bleh:

Reactions: 2 people

archish

Skilled
Apr 12, 2005
raksrules said:
How do you do that ??? :ashamed:
I presume you too have the same laptop as mine, Toshiba Portege M500 ??

while booting, press 0 and hold it, there is a hidden 20gb partition which has the factory setup image, unless you messed up the partition it should work fine :D

djmykey

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
archish said:
while booting, press 0 and hold it, there is a hidden 20gb partition which has the factory setup image, unless you messed up the partition it should work fine :D

Which we always mess up. :bleh: and its 5GB & not 20GB I guess... In 20GB the OEM ppl will fill in hoards of sh!t