Apple TV listed on Apple India website for Rs. 7,900

mojo

Adept
appletv.jpg

Apple looks to be getting ready to launch Apple TV in India, as the streaming media player has found its way to the official Apple India website. The listing quotes the price of the device as Rs 7,900. It was first spotted by BGR India. However, Apple has not issued a formal press statement. We also contacted an Apple premium reseller to check availability but they were not aware of the launch.

Apple TV is a media streamer that lets users play content from popular services like YouTube, Netflix and Hulu Plus, as well as some other services like Vimeo. It also offers access to Apple's iTunes Store, through which users can purchase or rent movies, or buy music. Following the launch of the iTunes Store in India, Apple TV had started offering Indian content. Apple TV also have access to content shared on the local network via iTunes Home Sharing.

One of the major highlights of the Apple TV is support for Airplay which allows users to stream content wirelessly (over Wi-Fi) from any iOS device or iTunes (Mac as well as Windows) to the Apple TV. It can also be used to wirelessly mirror the display of iOS devices as well as Macs.

Officially on their website here which is listed under ipod section.

Read more @ SOURCE

A device for using premium services at premium price.
They are promoting their store so that folks rent movies bla bla..atleast they can make it on par with US pricing.

Major downer is broadband speeds in india are pathetic ! So streamers scene has no chance here.

^^ Yeah maybe authorities like TRAI needs few more years to understand that base speeds of 512kbps need a serious bump.

I am on 2mbps plan though and it can barely stream a live 720p movie.

Govt.is busy in hiking the licensing fee for broadband.
Bsnl is increasing its rate and all others will also follow so no chance for cost cutting.
Getting ready for ril broadband.

With companies like craptel...I dont think there's any scope of live streaming atleast for a few years down the line.

There is immense scope. And then FUP kicks in. Broadband and telecommunications is just a political clout. At least we get the service, till Singham is released, and we sit twiddling our thumbs.

With companies like craptel...I dont think there's any scope of live streaming atleast for a few years down the line.

There is super duper scope. They ll release plans which ll be something like 5Mbps for 10000/- unltd Download. Which ll be gradually changed to 100GB and then 50GB FUP download, and will keep doing this till we see another new plan launched.

Now i get it why the politicians wanted their home connections increased to speeds to 10mbps/unltd download.

A device for using premium services at premium price.
They are promoting their store so that folks rent movies bla bla..atleast they can make it on par with US pricing.

Major downer is broadband speeds in india are pathetic ! So streamers scene has no chance here.

That's not premium pricing. The import duties are the main reason for the price difference between india and us merchandise.

Back